[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest KACE_231
It has nothing to do with that, the light and the proximity sensors are working separated, only problem is that proximity will not work with ligh sensors enabled. When you start a call, proximity is switched on automagically, while light sensors are switched off. But when the prox sensor senses that you've moven your phone away from your ear, it enables light sensor again.

Has this issue been fixed with the latest nightlys I also have that annoying problem. The proximity sensor works the first time but as soon as i move my phone away from my ear and then back again the proximity sensor breaks (as in the screen doesnt turn off)

Guest shad0wboss

A problem with wifi...

When putting blade to sleep, wifi seems to be disconnected...i wonder why no one actually reported this in the bug tracker section....the reported one is way different then this one....

Any fix for that? as it seems to be very annoying when downloading things

Guest lesa0208
-GPS is semi fixed (some user including me still have minor problems)

-accellerometer is fixed

-charging bug is fixed

edit : make sure you get the fixed N72 (otherwise screen rotation doesnt work and you are stuck in landscape mode) or get N73

where i can finde that fixed n72?

Guest Aab2011
Has this issue been fixed with the latest nightlys I also have that annoying problem. The proximity sensor works the first time but as soon as i move my phone away from my ear and then back again the proximity sensor breaks (as in the screen doesnt turn off)

*Stares up a few posts where Ogami Itto mentions it exists in n74 and not in n72*

Guest Aab2011
A problem with wifi...

When putting blade to sleep, wifi seems to be disconnected...i wonder why no one actually reported this in the bug tracker section....the reported one is way different then this one....

Is it repeatable when using the latest stable version? I do not use wifi at present so can not confirm.

Would be great if you could logcat it and create the ticket.

A problem with wifi...

This issue was already described lots of times in this topic.

IIRC, an app called Blade Wifi Fix, available on the market, solved it for some. Just have a look a few pages back from here and you will find messages about it.

I assume the issue was not reported in the tracker because it's specific to nightlies, and the rule is that nightlies' issues should not be reported in the tracker...

Guest Aab2011

Seems like some members treat a forum like IRC or something, as they expect to only find answers after their own post.

Either that or their mouse has a dodgy scroll wheel :/

Edited by Aab2011

Guest _amano
hanks for this explanation! It sure helps to understand what lies behind this bug/specific behaviour.

However, what could explain the change of behaviour since N73?

The difference will be http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,5280 . There they reverted a fix, the disabled the light sensor when not being used. It seems that the fix is recommended for the blade but caused problems on the wildfire.

EDIT: http://jago.pp.fi/temp/cm_blade_full-72-fixed.zip

Edited by _amano

Guest Fou-lu
*Stares up a few posts where Ogami Itto mentions it exists in n74 and not in n72*

*stares at a few pages back, were people mentioned having it on N72, and only happens when auto brightness is on*

Guest Aab2011
*stares at a few pages back, were people mentioned having it on N72, and only happens when auto brightness is on*

Perhaps, but I am restricting my search to what I can scroll to without clicking the page back button.

The point I am making is, that the answer probably already exists if you look back to at least the date when the last nightly it worked on was released.

** It's getting to the point where almost every day, someone asks what the battery life is like for a nightly that was released a few hours before.

(** implying that people are impatient buggers)

Edited by Aab2011

Guest shad0wboss
This issue was already described lots of times in this topic.

IIRC, an app called Blade Wifi Fix, available on the market, solved it for some. Just have a look a few pages back from here and you will find messages about it.

I assume the issue was not reported in the tracker because it's specific to nightlies, and the rule is that nightlies' issues should not be reported in the tracker...

As i said earlier, that program ONLY reconnects the wifi when screen turns on...the wifi being disconnected when phone goes to sleep is not fixed by that app thus remaining there...

Guest Grain
** It's getting to the point where almost every day, someone asks what the battery life is like for a nightly that was released a few hours before.

(** implying that people are impatient buggers)

I guess part of the problem is that there are actual CM Blade users now who do not know what to do really since there's no simple (end user) guide anymore. The old CM topic included this in the first post. The current first post is a good collection of links but lacks the most crucial information ("What ROM file should I install and what are the problems to expect with it?").

So, again:

Current state of CyanogenMod for the Blade

Yes, users, CLICK ON THAT LINK! :)

Edit: Viktor, thanks for adding that link to the first post! :unsure:

Edited by Grain

Guest KACE_231
As i said earlier, that program ONLY reconnects the wifi when screen turns on...the wifi being disconnected when phone goes to sleep is not fixed by that app thus remaining there...

The WiFi issue is a hardware problem existant on all ROM's the only way round it is to prevent the phone from sleeping and thus prevent the wifi from disconnecting in the first place. Use an app called "advanced Wifi Lock" from the market. This will however use a little more battery, so dont complain about CM7 causing battery drains

Edited by KACE_231

Guest Aab2011
I guess part of the problem is that there are actual CM Blade users now who do not know what to do really since there's no simple (end user) guide anymore. The old CM topic included this in the first post. The current first post is a good collection of links but lacks the most crucial information ("What ROM file should I install and what are the problems to expect with it?").

So, again:

Current state of CyanogenMod for the Blade

Yes, users, CLICK ON THAT LINK! :)

Edit: Viktor, thanks for adding that link to the first post! :unsure:

Thats a nicely formatted page there, first time I have checked it out, but will add it to my daily list of pages to check!

Guest champrock

I am on N74, but this issue was with me when I was on N69 also.

Sometimes, the RED light is on no matter what I do. And it automatically goes off after an hour or so. I checked and I have no pending messages, no pending missed calls, no pending alerts. But the red light is just on uselessly

anyone else faces this issue?

Guest u116040

From http://wiki.modaco.com/index.php/ZTE_Blade_CyanogenMod :

Since N1: Wifi disconnects when phone goes to sleep

This is a hardware limitation and present in stock ROMs, too. The Wifi chip cannot keep the connection without help of the CPU. Typically the Wifi connection basically drops when the Blade goes to sleep, then is re-established when it is woken up. Of course this breaks downloads and some types of services (chat...). A workaround is installing apps that keep the CPU active. This of course causes high battery drain.

What about setting "Never" in Wifi sleep policy ? My downloads are ok with this.

Edited by u116040

Fou-lu: Some comments on the Wiki Page:

Note this is reboots, not shutdowns, so do not confuse this with the bug described above.

Above? The other bug was probably removed but this reference stayed.

Guest Fou-lu
Fou-lu: Some comments on the Wiki Page:

Above? The other bug was probably removed but this reference stayed.

didn't write that, the wiki page is editable so we all can help and keep it updated for the community

Guest targetbsp
A problem with wifi...

That's normal behaviour for the phone. Never mind a rom. How have you gone this long without noticing? :unsure:

Guest Fou-lu
battery temperature readings

When sleeping, battery temperature readings are

unreliable. Android does an emergency

shutdown at 68°C that sometimes gets triggered

by this. Unfortunately there is no proper

notification - the phone just powers down. A

workaround added about April 9th is not

complete. The phone will still power down

this bug don't exist anymore? never had and reboots / shutdown on N72-fixed, or even N67.

Edited by Fou-lu

Guest andyr99

I am on N74. When I made a call today, it sounded as if I could hear noises from my microphone in the earpiece. I couldn't continue the conversation, so hung up and tried again - second time the reception was fine.

I noticed this with previous nightlies as well - before the call connected, I could hear noises from my microphone, but this hasn't continued through into the call before.

Anyone else had this?

Guest Aab2011
I am on N74, but this issue was with me when I was on N69 also.

Sometimes, the RED light is on no matter what I do. And it automatically goes off after an hour or so. I checked and I have no pending messages, no pending missed calls, no pending alerts. But the red light is just on uselessly

anyone else faces this issue?

I only get this if I have no phone signal, otherwise the LEDs behaviour seems normal to me.