[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Jean85
I am on N74, but this issue was with me when I was on N69 also.

Sometimes, the RED light is on no matter what I do. And it automatically goes off after an hour or so. I checked and I have no pending messages, no pending missed calls, no pending alerts. But the red light is just on uselessly

anyone else faces this issue?

I submitted this issue to the tracker: http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=3700

In my case, is related to notifications.

Guest sej7278
The fix list for the next nightly looks huge. Nothing Blade specific yet though.

yeah there's lots of work going on with the changelog, i guess that's because (or maybe why) n75 was so broken: http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=blade

there's a feature freeze on gerrit so i guess we can expect 7.1.0 RC1 very soon: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:open,n,z

Guest k0zmic
yeah there's lots of work going on with the changelog, i guess that's because (or maybe why) n75 was so broken: http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=blade

there's a feature freeze on gerrit so i guess we can expect 7.1.0 RC1 very soon: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:open,n,z

Maybe so:

https://twitter.com/#!/cyanogen/status/64825956132589568

Guest Nudnik_de

There are a lot of people saying the last Nightlies (N72, N73) are the best they ever tested. Is it just me who can't confirm this? I'm on on N74 and I still have more issues than I had on the last Gen1 versions (7.0.1, N37, etc)

To be honest, I still think that N37 was close to perfection, but with what we have now on Gen2 we made some steps backward.

With my N74 installation I have the following issues:

- battery drain (max 24 hrs with light usage), Gen 1 witth same usage I got 2 days

- Reboot issues every time after usage of GPS, old trick of keeping GPS allways on doesn't work

- screen goes black in gallery after entering gallery via camera app and zooming

- phone becomes laggy after a while, reboot reqired

- proximity sensor sometimes doesn't work (not using autobrightness) and screen stays black after phone call

I wiped and had a bottle of w(h)ine but stillhave these issues.

Anyone else experiencing that much problems?

Dominik

Guest k0zmic
There are a lot of people saying the last Nightlies (N72, N73) are the best they ever tested. Is it just me who can't confirm this? I'm on on N74 and I still have more issues than I had on the last Gen1 versions (7.0.1, N37, etc)

To be honest, I still think that N37 was close to perfection, but with what we have now on Gen2 we made some steps backward.

- battery drain (max 24 hrs with light usage), Gen 1 witth same usage I got 2 days

- Reboot issues every time after usage of GPS, old trick of keeping GPS allways on doesn't work

- screen goes black in gallery after entering gallery via camera app and zooming

- proximity sensor sometimes doesn't work (not using autobrightness) and screen stays black after phone call

Dominik

-Yes I get battery drain.

-I don't think I've had the GPS reboots, only tried Maps and it just rebooted once and then works fine.

-Gallery works fine for me.

-Feels smooth most of the time. Maybe you have a runaway app that's misbehaving, might hurt your battery too?

-Same for me

Guest Ciels

Dominik

-whole day with heavy usage (24 hours ish)

-no reboot issues

-just tested, nothing happened

-can't confirm, but this is also due to programs misbehaving and the badword obvious if you never turn off apps.

-proximity fine, calls never had black screen

Probably because my phone is a working OLED on N74

yay oled

Guest Fou-lu

Dominik

well i was one of them diehard N35 are perfect people, but since going 2.3.4 the change is much better, battery life 1/3 improved, All them black sceeen in menu bugs and random reboot issues gone..

- can't comment always heavy usage as don't have a computer for internet- 5-7 hours constant browsing then on 3G

- first using GPS got a reboot, after that haven't got and in "speedtest.net" other apps may differ

- just checked gallery works fine through camera app.

- hell no, since going launcher pro no lag at all, smooth as hell, definitely something on your phone causing that.

- proximity works perfect after turning off auto brightness.

you wipe dalvik, cache, data, format system? and restored nothing, not even from titanium or launcher settings?.

Edited by Fou-lu

Guest sej7278
Probably because my phone is a working OLED on N74

yay oled

i've got a feeling you're right there - i've not had any problems on my grey oled except the dialler battery drain since n57 (other than the things we knew would break like libaudio.so/slide keyboard/missing sensors).

and the vol+/vol- workaround seems to be working for me with that on n74.

people who have had one gps reboot with google maps - that's normal after its upgraded, its not the "gps reboot" issue.

maybe its the apps people use or restoring data, i don't use any widgets and i don't overclock.

Guest Fou-lu
i've got a feeling you're right there - i've not had any problems on my grey oled except the dialler battery drain since n57 (other than the things we knew would break like libaudio.so/slide keyboard/missing sensors).

and the vol+/vol- workaround seems to be working for me with that on n74.

people who have had one gps reboot with google maps - that's normal after its upgraded, its not the "gps reboot" issue.

maybe its the apps people use or restoring data, i don't use any widgets and i don't overclock.

Nope, im white TFT and all's Good,

think it's definitely people restoring like you said, i always download everything manualy or from Google backup, never titanium or anything else.

i use lpp gmail and bookmarks widget, plus Google news, so smooth on LPP it's shocking, much faster than any other launcher.

never used maps, only GPS app is from speedtest.net , which doesn't reboot.

the vol+/- also works fine for me, meaning 0 problems now.

Edited by Fou-lu

Guest Grain
this bug don't exist anymore? never had and reboots / shutdown on N72-fixed, or even N67.

It's still there. I saw several temperature-related reboots, but also at least one week nothing like that. The bug is really quite random. But it is not fixed and will not go away on its own :unsure: . It might also be hardware related - I guess the unreliable temperature readings are due to jitter or something on the sensor data line which will vary from phone to phone.

Guest sm4tik
this bug don't exist anymore? never had and reboots / shutdown on N72-fixed, or even N67.

Set your phone into airpane mode, then sleep for a while and when waking the phone up, check your battery temps from Spare Parts or how ever you want. The high temps are still there, but I've not seen it go higher than 60'C (I'm using battery monitor widget in a "non-widget" mode). It's not rom specific afaik, I also had this with SS. I think there was some talk about setting an artificial max temp at some point, but I'm not sure what happened to it. It would save you from false reboots, but if there actually was something wrong, it would then get a bit more complicated.

Edited by sm4tik

Guest ColdEmbrace

All these additions looks like im going to wake up to 7.1 :unsure: althought might stick at N73 it's running pretty smooth for my usage

Guest k0zmic
All these additions looks like im going to wake up to 7.1 :unsure: althought might stick at N73 it's running pretty smooth for my usage

There's always Nandroid if you're a ROM junkie.

Just installed N74, full wipe. It was good, then I started experiencing the no sleep bug. But, I hadn't even touched the dialer yet. I had restored apps via Titanium but not any data.

Logged into a few apps e.g. Kindle, WhatsApp etc. Reboot around six or seven times and the no sleep bug appeared.

Went back into Titanium and removed most user apps apart from Google ones.

Bug goes away.

Clearly, an app was preventing it from sleeping. Yet, spare parts nor battery use shows the culprit.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest marcodassi

Nightly 76 is still BROKEN, just like N75

- very slow boot animation after install (well, I don't care about that, but is it a signal that something is wrong?)

- no auto brightness

- no screen rotation

- no phone signal

- no bluetooth

- etc. etc.

Back to N74...

Guest legionfx

- very slow boot animation after install (well, I don't care about that, but is it a signal that something is wrong?)

- no auto brightness

- no screen rotation

- no phone signal

- no bluetooth

- etc. etc.

Back to N74...

Confirmed

Guest marcodassi
the official bakery seems broken.

I compile the n76 from source for those interested

BTW, none of the major defects has been fixed.

http://hotfile.com/dl/118179162/e7584d6/cm...76-fix.zip.html

md5 : 7e36ac838cdf9605f1f256e811301d6c

sha1 : 205586dff5b3b2f3de93d2b768235d5e10e821d3

you mean that the bot is goin' crazy but the sources are ok? is your build the "real" n76 so (with all the changes reported in the changelog)?

thanks!

Guest legionfx
the official bakery seems broken.

I compile the n76 from source for those interested

BTW, none of the major defects has been fixed.

http://hotfile.com/dl/118179162/e7584d6/cm...76-fix.zip.html

md5 : 7e36ac838cdf9605f1f256e811301d6c

sha1 : 205586dff5b3b2f3de93d2b768235d5e10e821d3

yap its fixed and it all the latest changes. i guess now i know why all the latest builds are broken. iim going to start compiling from source

Guest legionfx

just one thing... my 3G / HSPDA is not working. signal lost after 2 secunds. this is from N75 and it still have the same problem in N76. Someone else it the same problem in build N75 or N76 Fixed?

Guest Chaz_UK

- no auto brightness

- no screen rotation

- no phone signal

- no bluetooth

- etc. etc.

Back to N74...

Thanks for the warning. Was just about to update. You've saved me some time. :unsure:

Guest burstlam
just one thing... my 3G / HSPDA is not working. signal lost after 2 secunds. this is from N75 and it still have the same problem in N76. Someone else it the same problem in build N75 or N76 Fixed?

Yes . signal lost in the 1st boot.

I noticed that the baseband has become unidentified.

wonder if this is something related to the gen2 tpt image upgrade? I switch to the recent v5 script of wbaw's

after a reboot. signal is back.

Guest legionfx
Yes . signal lost in the 1st boot.

I noticed that the baseband has become unidentified.

wonder if this is something related to the gen2 tpt image upgrade? I switch to the recent v5 script of wbaw's

after a reboot. signal is back.

where can i get that script?

Edited by legionfx