[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest CaptainSpectacular
Can someone please clarify what exactly is the proximity sensor issue is, Ive been stuck on n73 for ages because of a load of problems that seem to have arisen. Also is the audio problem fixed in n80, the one where the speaker doesnt turn off after calls causing major battery drain.

There's two proximity sensor issues I think, here's mine:

-you make a call, put the phone near your ear and the screen turn Off.

-during the call, you put the phone away from your ear, the screen turn On, that's ok.

-try to put the phone near your ear again but the screen still On, doesn't turn Off again...

And that's since n73. I found a little trick posted before, a sort of "shaking the phone" and the sensor work again, but once only...

I don't really know the other one cause I don't have it at all. I think the screen still Off with this one.

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Guest emc02
lol, so i still don't really understand it. what extra gapps are there other than the one within curl66's tpt rom or the cm7 mirrors?

i have 660kb free of my 136mb, but moving 3 large themes to sdcard doesn't seem to change that - i assumed /system is immutable after the rom flash?

how do we know if we've run out of space - i installed gapps-20110503 and it seems ok, but could there be files larger than 660kb missing?

essentially what i need to know is do us 136mb folks have to re-tpt to v5/160mb or not if we're only going to be running cm7?

p.s. n80 seems to be running ok - no gps reboot for me.

i have 6MB space free on my 136MB system partition, because i removed all apps from the gapps-20110511, that can be loaded from the market and will then install in the /data partition

gapps_gb_20110511_small.zip

Guest mon3em
N97 :P ?

Can you give me your time machine please ? <_<

Anyway, proximity sensor doesn't work properly on n80 too... So bad, since n72 we don't have any workaround for this. :D

The "shake" trick working anyway. But the sensor is back once time only...

hahahaha i just forgot to go back with time today :rolleyes: i was on da future doing some research :(

Now back to 79 hehehehe awesome till now

Guest targetbsp
lol, so i still don't really understand it. what extra gapps are there other than the one within curl66's tpt rom or the cm7 mirrors?

i have 660kb free of my 136mb, but moving 3 large themes to sdcard doesn't seem to change that - i assumed /system is immutable after the rom flash?

how do we know if we've run out of space - i installed gapps-20110503 and it seems ok, but could there be files larger than 660kb missing?

essentially what i need to know is do us 136mb folks have to re-tpt to v5/160mb or not if we're only going to be running cm7?

p.s. n80 seems to be running ok - no gps reboot for me.

You can definitely free up system space post install. I have 32mb free on a 138mb system all gained from deleting apps I don't want in titanium. Not for space reasons cause the space is of no use - just for not having them waste my time loading reasons. :rolleyes:

I think the extra gapps is the thread around here that lets you install the downloaded portion of the gapps to system. You can also do this in the latest Pro titaniums. It makes sense perhaps to do this to save data space if you have a large system - though I got bored of doing it on my stock partitions every nightly considering if they're in data they never need downloaded again! It doesn't make sense if you have a CM sized system but I guess from the fact this whole debate exists that people are trying to do just that anyway. :P

Guest EndruBoy

Hi!

Please don't be angry but I have a simple question about this ROM (surely it has been answeed but there are a lot of post here).

So: Is it worth to upgrade to this from a version JJ RLS5 Android 2.2 which is fully stable for me? What is the benefits of it? Are there any annoying bugs? I mean my current ROM has never frozen yet, so I don't want to install this one even if it's freeze in one time per week. Stability is very important for me.

Guest Hingy
Hi!

Please don't be angry but I have a simple question about this ROM (surely it has been answeed but there are a lot of post here).

So: Is it worth to upgrade to this from a version JJ RLS5 Android 2.2 which is fully stable for me? What is the benefits of it? Are there any annoying bugs? I mean my current ROM has never frozen yet, so I don't want to install this one even if it's freeze in one time per week. Stability is very important for me.

I got my Orange San Francisco only two weeks ago, but I have been running CM7 as soon as I got it. I used the stable 7.03 for just over a week, and have since moved to N76FIX. I have not had any problems at all.

Guest saatana
Hi!

CM7 is much faster.... you cant even compare it to JJ5

Guest dadashi

I've noticed the speaker hiss with battery loss on several 7x Nigtlies, which newish Nightlie has been fixed for this...?

Guest saatana
How have you measured this, exactly?

When you are scrolling in the app drawer it lags much less with CM7, but it still does lag a bit.

Gameloft games, they lag a lot with any 2.2 rom but with cm7 its better.

Edited by saatana

Guest shadowninty

Play any Game lol

No need to be so negative, no one says CM is perfect Lance, but the only issue is some niggling hardware related bugs, which are outweighed by 2.3.4s bug fixes and the CM Teams work

Guest targetbsp

Load up a complex Angry Birds level. You don't need to scientifically measure the difference. It's blindingly obvious. :P

Mind you, I don't think Angry Birds is all that good a game personally so whether that matters or not... :rolleyes:

Edited by targetbsp

Guest ThrashMan

I have to agree with the original poster.....CM7 is a far better/smoother experience than any 2.2 ROM. Games load faster, Gallery loads faster

Guest EndruBoy
I have to agree with the original poster.....CM7 is a far better/smoother experience than any 2.2 ROM. Games load faster, Gallery loads faster

I don't really care about games. What about web pages and e-mails? And is it truly safer than the 2.2? I mean the phone communicate throw https when logging in my google account or not? Because I've read it in this week that there is a serious security bug in several Android versions when connecting public wifi networks.

And you didn't answer really for my stability question. Someone who uses his phone for more than a week: how often is it freezes with CM?

Thank you for all of your answers.

Edited by EndruBoy

Guest saatana
I don't really care about games. What about web pages and e-mails? And is it truly safer than the 2.2? I mean the phone communicate throw https when logging in my google account or not? Because I've read it in this week that there is a serious security bug in several Android versions when connecting public wifi networks.

And you didn't answer really for my stability question. Someone who uses his phone for more than a week: how often is it freezes with CM?

Thank you for all of your answers.

The security bug was on Googles web pages and not on Android. They patched it the day after it was discovered. So its safe now !

Edited by saatana

Guest saatana
As long as you're convinced, then fine.

Tell me whats slower on CM7 than on any 2.2 rom ?

or....

are u TROLLING ?

Edited by saatana

Guest kol0bok
Sounds familiar. I had a similar problem just a couple of days ago with N74. After some days without rebooting GPS suddenly refused to start (no status icon appeared and there wasn't anything suspicious in logcat output). 'GPS Status' seemed to wait for hardware response and didn't display any satellite. After reboot it worked immediately.

And the story didn't end there. With N78, I also got the other issue with GPS: it runs for a while and then after some wake-up it starts failing. Reports 9 good sat signals but the resulting position is not calculated. Triggering APGS data download did not help. Changing gps.conf with parameters from wbaw's thread (INTERMEDIATE_TRES etc.) did not help, got the same behavior after reboot. Only after another couple of reboots it started to work like nothing happened before, i.e. precise fix within 20 seconds.

Something is going utterly wrong here.

Guest saatana

I got a problem with N78, market isnt working in landscape mode, the screen just goes black.

Is it fixed in the later versions ?

Guest MidaMilunk
I got a problem with N78, market isnt working in landscape mode, the screen just goes black.

Is it fixed in the later versions ?

This can not be a generic problem. I use N78 also, but I have never experienced a bug like this!

Guest k0zmic
has anyone tried n81

Well I tried N80, over N78 I got Force Closes so I reverted to my Nandroid.

I didn't do a full wipe though so I don't really know how it is otherwise.

Edited by k0zmic