[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp
I don't really care about games. What about web pages and e-mails? And is it truly safer than the 2.2? I mean the phone communicate throw https when logging in my google account or not? Because I've read it in this week that there is a serious security bug in several Android versions when connecting public wifi networks.

And you didn't answer really for my stability question. Someone who uses his phone for more than a week: how often is it freezes with CM?

Thank you for all of your answers.

Cm7 has its issues. They're documented in the bug tracker and and temporary nightly bugs are generally under discussion over the last few pages of this thread always. Only you can decide whether those issues will affect your use of the phone or not.

But I can tell you that whatever issues it may have... freezing ain't one of them! I haven't had it freeze since they broke the overclocking in N37-ish.

Personally for me, since the beginning, the pro's and cons of this have outweighed the pro's and con's of froyo. Some nightlies more so than others admittedly! But in those cases you just stick with the older nightly that works for you for a while.

Guest Len Ash
Tell me whats slower on CM7 than on any 2.2 rom ?

or....

are u TROLLING ?

Most of the younger members here actually contribute actively and enthusiastically. Which is to be encouraged. You clearly neither contribute nor donate. Which is not...

Edited by Len Ash

Guest EndruBoy
Cm7 has its issues. They're documented in the bug tracker and and temporary nightly bugs are generally under discussion over the last few pages of this thread always. Only you can decide whether those issues will affect your use of the phone or not.

But I can tell you that whatever issues it may have... freezing ain't one of them! I haven't had it freeze since they broke the overclocking in N37-ish.

Personally for me, since the beginning, the pro's and cons of this have outweighed the pro's and con's of froyo. Some nightlies more so than others admittedly! But in those cases you just stick with the older nightly that works for you for a while.

OK, then I think it's worth the risk. Thx for everyone once again.

Guest saatana
Most of the younger members here actually contribute actively and enthusiastically. Which is to be encouraged. You clearly neither contribute nor donate. Which is not...

Well, you still havent answered the question "Whats slower on CM7 than on any 2.2 rom"

You know you are wrong but you cant admit that because your a 2 month older member than me :P

Edited by saatana

Guest shadowninty

l2bFriendly

Guest MidaMilunk
N80 and 81 are out the same day... according the changelog, N81 is not a hotfix now ...

I have tried N81. No big issues in the first five minutes, but light sensor does not work. Proximity and gyro seems to be OK. Restored the N78.

Guest _amano

It seems that a new developer (haferflake= M. Kiesel) is working on the libaudio.so battery drain bug. A first patch was prepared in http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,5508 , but seems to break sip routing for external applications for now (rather a minor issue for most users).

A new libaudio.so is offered for testing in http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=2858 I think that you would have to copy the file to /system/lib/ with an app with root priviledges (eg. the free Super Manager from the market)

Grain, can you test the new libaudio.so?

Edited by _amano

Guest targetbsp

That's promising news. Gonna put that on now and test it! Was going to upgrade my rom anyway to a newer version so no great loss if anything goes wrong cause I'll just immediately update the rom. :P

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Nobody have found a workaround (other than shake the phone ^^) for the proximity sensor bug during call (nightly from n73 to n81, on n72 the bug is here only if we tick "auto-brightness" setting)?

Strange that's no more people complain about this. :/

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Guest k0zmic
"Whats slower on CM7 than on any 2.2 rom"

Scrolling is a bit slower and that's about it.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest targetbsp
Nobody have found a workaround (other than shake the phone ^^) for the proximity sensor bug during call (nightly from n73 to n81)?

Strange that's no more people complain about this. :/

The only time I move the phone form my ear I seem to be moving it far enough to simulate a shake so i've not really noticed it!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Fou-lu
Scrolling is a bit slower and that's about it.

Scrolling on FLB9 and JJ are not faster than CM7, but saying that, it's not easy to tell between milliseconds of difference ..

Guest CaptainSpectacular
The only time I move the phone form my ear I seem to be moving it far enough to simulate a shake so i've not really noticed it!

Yep but it's quiet annoying I think, if we are in the street or other situation where we must "change of ear". :P

I know we can't really complain about nightlys anyway and I understand that. For me, take n70 and add the new sensor and audio lib to it make it simply almost perfect ROM. :rolleyes:

I've tried the n81 again, the proximity sensor don't even work the first time, I have to "crouch" and stand up the phone once for getting it work, so sad, it'll be perfect without this little thing.

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Guest emc02
Yep but it's quiet annoying I think, if we are in the street or other situation where we must "change of ear". :P

I know we can't really complain about nightlys anyway and I understand that. For me, take n70 and add the new sensor and audio lib to it make it simply almost perfect ROM. :rolleyes:

I've tried the n81 again, the proximity sensor don't even work the first time, I have to "crouch" and stand up the phone once for getting it work, so sad, it'll be perfect without this little thing.

I've also tested N81 and for me proximity sensor works, once, so dont change your ear ;-)

Guest Len Ash
Well, you still havent answered the question "Whats slower on CM7 than on any 2.2 rom"

You know you are wrong but you cant admit that because your a 2 month older member than me :P

You've already had one post of yours closed this week because you were both rude and near-racist.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest saatana
You've already had one post of yours closed this week because you were both rude and racist.

First of all my post was closed due to the high amount of OT in it, acording to the moderator.

Insulting someone by calling him a racist when he isnt a racist, is really lame, dont you know that ? Lying that someone is a racist is as bad as being a racist.

And you keep replying me with OT, cant you for once just answer the question without insulting someone and calling them racists ?

Now ontopic: Wifi tethering sometimes work and sometimes not with n81

Edited by saatana

Guest Psyloid

Went back to SS from CM7N72, liked the rom, but now my battery life is like 10 times better, so i'll stick with SS ... too bad

Guest nzkller

I have a ZTE Blade gen2, I put inside the clockwork recovery 3.0.2.8 gen2 and the cynogenmod7.0.3 and it was working fine. I Work for ZTE and they put me the firmware (Windows) of china unicom and block the 3g band 900MHz, so I tried to get it back to the normal firmware using this http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...ded-gen2-blade/ exactly the wbaw’s Gen2 v5. I put back the original recovery image, and the i got to the FTM menu and run this windows firmware update. Exactly at 98% its gives a message saying RESET in red and the phone wont start it gets into this boot loop where the green android just moves to the left and then reboots. The phone wont get into recovery only gets into fastboot and ihave tried to reflash the orignal recovery the clockwork even TPT this one http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...n2-tpt-upgrade/ CM 7.0.3 TPT is here........... and nothing the same boot loop. Also i have made a nandropid backup from one the partners phone and i have flashed the file into the phone with fastboot and nothing works......... I'm out of ideas, PLZ HELP ME!!!! I.m will PAYPAL YOU for your help really I dont have a problem I Just Need to get this phone working. Thx in ADVANCE

Guest ColdEmbrace

I used Elixir to test my proximity sensor it used too register 5cm when away and 1cm when covering the sensor.

The sensor now reads far when away and 1cm when covering the sensor.

Could ths be the issue due to the new registering of the sensor

Guest Fou-lu
Went back to SS from CM7N72, liked the rom, but now my battery life is like 10 times better, so i'll stick with SS ... too bad

whoa! you must be getting 60-70 hrs of heavy usage! better than high end smartphones, misleading to newbies, SS is 5-10% better battery life

Edited by Fou-lu

Guest targetbsp
whoa! you must be getting 60-70 hrs of heavy usage! better than high end smartphones, misleading to newbies, SS is 5-10% better battery life

To be fair to the guy you're quoting, it does depend on your knowledge of this rom. If you, for instance, are unaware of the dialler drain* then the standby time of SS could potentially be 3 or 4 times better. Aside from that issue I can't produce a measurable different between SS and CM7's battery life either in standby or flat out use in gaming from full to empty. And I have specifically tested this, playing the same games for the same time - it's not a rough guess. :P

I haven't tested 3g though which others have said is heavier on CM7. I mostly use wi-fi and 2g.

*And I have to say, I've lost 0% battery so far 2 hours after a call since putting on the test libaudio from the previous page. Too early to call it a success yet I guess but promising!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Fou-lu
To be fair to the guy you're quoting, it does depend on your knowledge of this rom. If you, for instance, are unaware of the dialler drain* then the standby time of SS could potentially be 3 or 4 times better.

doh, was gonna edit about that drain, but thought he wasn't comparing it with the bug as the workaround fixes it instantly for that call.

making that point void for over all CM7 performance.

about 3G, mine is always on, 0% drain at night, 100-5% takes around 5-7 hours of browsing, It's OK , not perfect but what to expect on a smartphone :P

Edited by Fou-lu

Guest dorren

Hello,

I have tried to see if others still have the same problem as me with ringtones, but the thread is moving so fast... I can stil not here my phone ring sometimes, and it is totally random. Is it only me or are more out there with the same problem?

I am on Nightly 78.

/Erik