[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest jayhix
fonix's fixed N72? i can upload it if nobody else got a link.

erm you'll have to excuse my lack of current knowledge, i was looking for the most stable version of this rom which appears to be n72 as everyone was stating, earlier i TPT'd to gen 2 with 7.0.3 and gps and navigation fail to work which is really important to me. so any help would be great :P

Guest sej7278

i've just noticed in n81 the camera makes a kind of clicking or ticking noise when re-focusing, and no i don't mean the shutter sound.

it happens in the camera app, google goggles and the barcode scanner app. is this normal?

Edited by sej7278

Guest Amphoras
i've just noticed in n81 the camera makes a kind of clicking or ticking noise when re-focusing, and no i don't mean the shutter sound.

it happens in the camera app, google goggles and the barcode scanner app. is this normal?

Mine does that too on the barcode scanner app anyway. Pretty sure its always done it on that. Don't really use the camera normally, so not sure if it does it there as well or not.

Guest sej7278
Mine does that too on the barcode scanner app anyway. Pretty sure its always done it on that. Don't really use the camera normally, so not sure if it does it there as well or not.

same with me - i almost never use the camera so when it made a funny noise i was a bit worried.

Guest Len Ash
same with me - i almost never use the camera so when it made a funny noise i was a bit worried.

err.. it's an autofocus camera, so the lens moves.... and makes some noise.

Guest sej7278
err.. it's an autofocus camera, so the lens moves.... and makes some noise.

oh ok, never really thought of that lol! cheers.

Guest Fou-lu
erm you'll have to excuse my lack of current knowledge, i was looking for the most stable version of this rom which appears to be n72 as everyone was stating, earlier i TPT'd to gen 2 with 7.0.3 and gps and navigation fail to work which is really important to me. so any help would be great :P

sure, the N72 had screen rotate broken when first released as a nightly, few guys added the fix, here's fonix's version:

http://db.tt/xEBSKnF

MD5: 3e1193716b61b168244031a6e487454f

GPS should reboot only on first start up.

Edited by Fou-lu

Guest mon3em

I don't know why cm still have ADW luncher .. it's damn slow. i always uninstall it and install 2.3 luncher with the 3d drawer and bangggggg. the rom work sooooooo much faster.

N82 work fine with wifi always connected here

Edited by mon3em

Guest CaptainSpectacular
I don't know why cm still have ADW luncher .. it's damn slow. i always uninstall it and install 2.3 luncher with the 3d drawer and bangggggg. the rom work sooooooo much faster.

N82 work fine with wifi always connected here

Yeah but ADW Ex (not free I know...) is faster than many others launchers (including in the App drawer) IMO. :rolleyes:

Anyway, like many others say, n72 is almost perfect, if only we can use auto-brightness it'll be a bit more almost perfect. :P

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Guest mon3em
Yeah but ADW Ex (not free I know...) is faster than many others launchers (including in the App drawer) IMO. :rolleyes:

Anyway, like many others say, n72 is almost perfect, if only we can use auto-brightness it'll be a bit more almost perfect. :P

then why they add crap luncher ??

well try (android 2.3 luncher by stevens lin ) it's awesome and free plus fast like the one FLB had .

Edited by mon3em

Guest sej7278

n83 is looking golden to me - with libaudio.so patch

auto-brightness i discovered for the first time today (i asked my sister why i couldn't see the screen in sunlight!) and it seems to work, as long as you set it in the normal display settings (or via the power notification widget) and not in cyanogenmod settings.

launcherpro+ rules, but even stock is better than adw, although i've not tried adw-ex. i thought cm7 was supposed to be switching to go-launcher at some point....?

wifi works no problem.

permissions management is there.

EDIT: i did see wifi suddenly go off and then back on again once, but i was using market-enabler so might have had something to do with it :P

Edited by sej7278

Guest MrIcka
sure, the N72 had screen rotate broken when first released as a nightly, few guys added the fix, here's fonix's version:

Do I have to add the fixed libaudio.so to this build? If so, can I just replace the file in the zip before i flash it or do I have to replace it when flashed with Ghost Commander from with build can I take libaudio.so

Thanks

Guest Orbbman
Do I have to add the fixed libaudio.so to this build? If so, can I just replace the file in the zip before i flash it or do I have to replace it when flashed with Ghost Commander from with build can I take libaudio.so

Thanks

It definetly improves the battery life :P Worked quite well today! Use the zip provided earlier in this thread and install it via ClockworkMod. This libaudio.so should be implemented in the future CM7s :rolleyes:

Guest targetbsp

Thanks

Comment 55 from here: http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=2858 which you can apply either before flashing the zip or using a root file manager. It goes in system\libraries

Or you can use the Clockwork patch LanceH made: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=82LCB8Z1

This libaudio.so should be implemented in the future CM7s :P

I'm not sure it will based on comments on the above issue and the submitted patch! It breaks SIP routing to headphones. So if you like high battery life I recommend keeping a copy of this lib to put on future nightlies. I'm sure they'll fix it at some point but who knows when? :rolleyes:

Edited by targetbsp

Guest jayhix

Hi thanks for the info, one problem though, the link keeps timing out and i cant download it :/ ive tried it a few times but no luck

Guest lordofangels

N84 is out

cmparts: Move permission management under Application menu (android_packages_apps_CMParts)Don't renew the leases if mDhcpInfo.leaseDuration is not positive (android_frameworks_base)

add widescreen picture mode suitable for sholes camera (android_packages_apps_Camera)

libstagefright: allow OMX.TI.Video.Decoder to decode 854x480 MPEG-4 AVC (android_frameworks_base)update the current.xml to fix build error(android_frameworks_base)

Fix compile error (android_frameworks_base)Better fix for 4G on at boot: frameworks/base portion (android_frameworks_base)

cmparts: Add 48m heapsize option (android_packages_apps_CMParts)

ADWLauncher: Dutch language updated! Completely checked by WGSpoelstra, thank you! (android_packages_apps_ADWLauncher)

Revert "Email sync stoppage fix (Upstream Issue 14466)" (android_packages_apps_Email)Obsoleted resource removal part 2 (android_packages_apps_CMParts)

N84

Edited by lordofangels

Guest Aab2011
N84 is out

Arg.. one morning lordofangels, I will log onto the PC a few minutes before you! one morning!!

Perhaps you should start attaching the changelog with each announcement, then it saves people the ardious task of clicking a bookmark to check themselves :P

Guest lordofangels
Arg.. one morning lordofangels, I will log onto the PC a few minutes before you! one morning!!

Perhaps you should start attaching the changelog with each announcement, then it saves people the ardious task of clicking a bookmark to check themselves :P

you'll beat me to the news one day,

good idea with the change log.

Guest Orbbman
What is the best metod to Volume up CM7 (is quited then SS RLS5)?

Settings - CyanogenMod - Sound (?)

N84 with patched libaudio.so looks pretty good :P It was definetly worth it changing to CM7 at all plus it's fun to get a new nightly every morning (CET) :rolleyes:

Guest Maringer

I'm still on N82 and the patched libaudio certainly seems to improve battery life quite a bit. Once Toggle2G is installed, I am seeing 2 days of usage without any problems whatsoever, though I am only a moderate user - I don't use data too much at present due to my crappy contract but I'll be moving to Giffgaff in the next month or so and this will then change!

However, I've just bought a Defy so will be shifting across to use that during the next week or two (an excellent port of CM7 is already available).

It's typical that the Blade CM7 is reaching a good release candidate stage just as I'm about to move on! However, I'll be upgrading my girlfriend's and sister's Blades to CM7 shortly!

Now all I need to do is see how much cash I can get for my OLED Blade on eBay... :P

Guest MidaMilunk

I flashed to N83 yesterday from N78, without wipe.

Almost all fine now, there were no GPS reboot until now (19hrs uptime), good battery life - no drain during the night.

The only issue I have now:

If I remove the phone from my ears while speaking, putting it back do not turn off the display! Should I try this also with auto brightness OFF?