[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest WildeRNS
Settings - CyanogenMod - Sound (?)

N84 with patched libaudio.so looks pretty good :P It was definetly worth it changing to CM7 at all plus it's fun to get a new nightly every morning (CET) :rolleyes:

do u have video in Gameloft games?

Guest Simono

and what exactly patch libaudio.so do (do you must again patch after flash new Nigtly)?

Edited by Simono

Guest targetbsp
and what exactly patch libaudio.so do (do you must again patch after flash new Nigtly)?

It stops battery drain after a voice call (but breaks VoIP with headsets should you use that). Yes you would need to put it on each nightly.

The only issue I have now:

If I remove the phone from my ears while speaking, putting it back do not turn off the display! Should I try this also with auto brightness OFF?

Try it, but it might not help. Until now, N72 (fixed) is the only nightly that trick is known to work on. Hence us singing the praises of N72 a couple of pages ago. :P

do u have video in Gameloft games?

If there's meant to be video in Settlers HD, then I don't see it. But I don't know whether there is meant to be or not. And it's the only Gameloft game I've bought. Most of their stuff are action games and I'm not convinced as to a touchscreens suitability for that!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Simono
It stops battery drain after a voice call (but breaks VoIP with headsets should you use that). Yes you would need to put it on each nightly.

What other software for Voip like CSipSimple will work properly?

Guest sej7278
If there's meant to be video in Settlers HD, then I don't see it. But I don't know whether there is meant to be or not. And it's the only Gameloft game I've bought. Most of their stuff are action games and I'm not convinced as to a touchscreens suitability for that!

plex (xbmc for macosx) for android doesn't have video specifically on cm7, so there must be some deviation from aosp/stock 2.3 in the video code somewhere, although apparently it works in cm6:

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/...on-cyanogenmod/

its not a flash/arm7 issue either.

Guest Grain
What other software for Voip like CSipSimple will work properly?

I read something about CSipSimple having audio configuration options that implement workarounds. Please test and report back here :P .

Guest Simono

I will try that patch and check CSipSimple at evening (CSipSimple before call switch phone to silent and when voice is not on speaker).

One question for me new on CM7.

I have SD EXT4 partition and it is empty (on SS RLS5 it's working) and Titanium Backup also not display ext partition, what this? What I must to do to ext4 working?

Edited by Simono

Guest Doctor91

Is N64oid (Nintendo 64 emulator) working on blade with cyanogenmod? i checked games that works on other phones with cyanogenmod and the result was a force close when i launch the game.

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
Is N64oid (Nintendo 64 emulator) working on blade with cyanogenmod? i checked games that works on other phones with cyanogenmod and the result was a force close when i launch the game.

Only works on ARM7, not our ARM6, i'm afraid, much like flash. And Google earth.

Guest KACE_231

Just a quick comparison: I left my phone on overnight between 12:00 to 10:00 and I lost about 10% charge on standby, is this normal?

It was on 2G mode with Data enabled... No use at all overnight

Edited by KACE_231

Guest airuzzo

sorry for n00b question...

im tryng to found the libaudio patch for N84.

Where can i find pls ???

ty in advance

Edited by airuzzo

Guest CaptainSpectacular
I flashed to N83 yesterday from N78, without wipe.

Almost all fine now, there were no GPS reboot until now (19hrs uptime), good battery life - no drain during the night.

The only issue I have now:

If I remove the phone from my ears while speaking, putting it back do not turn off the display! Should I try this also with auto brightness OFF?

Or try my little trick on the top of this page. :P

If we call that a trick anyway... Still on n72 (fixed) is the best choice for now, if you didn't use auto-brightness. Or you can try n70 but it didn't have the new sensors lib.

Guest tcpaulh

Once Toggle2G is installed, I am seeing 2 days of usage without any problems whatsoever

Which version of Toggle2G did you use? I've flashed the Toggle2G-Update.zip version 0.0.15 from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=739530 using CWM but it's not showing up in the app drawer or settings/applications.

Edit: N84, OSF TPT'd to GEN2 using Wbaw's V5

Edited by tcpaulh

Guest Simono
sorry for n00b question...

im tryng to found the libaudio patch for N84.

Where can i find pls ???

ty in advance

Comment 55 from here: http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=2858 which you can apply either before flashing the zip or using a root file manager. It goes in system\libraries

Or you can use the Clockwork patch LanceH made: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=82LCB8Z1

I'm not sure it will based on comments on the above issue and the submitted patch! It breaks SIP routing to headphones. So if you like high battery life I recommend keeping a copy of this lib to put on future nightlies. I'm sure they'll fix it at some point but who knows when? :P

Guest Grain
Just a quick comparison: I left my phone on overnight between 12:00 to 10:00 and I lost about 10% charge on standby, is this normal?

On percent per hour on average in idle is normal, yes. Have a look at the FAQ.

Guest Maringer
Which version of Toggle2G did you use? I've flashed the Toggle2G-Update.zip version 0.0.15 from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=739530 using CWM but it's not showing up in the app drawer or settings/applications.

Edit: N84, OSF TPT'd to GEN2 using Wbaw's V5

I'm using the Toggle2G-Update.zip which is available on the first page linked. As I recall, the earlier zip I used (which had the same name) wouldn't work correctly and an updated version was posted on 9th May to work correctly with the scripting used in the current CWM. Make sure you are using the correct zip - the old one was around 40KB, if I remember correctly, whereas the newer one is 160KB in size.

However, I should mention that when I updated to N82 from an earlier nightly without performing a full wipe, Toggle2G disappeared from the app draw. I re-installed using CWM and it is now back in the app draw and functioning correctly. Edit: If I remember correctly, I installed the Toggle2G zip after installing the libaudio patch.

No doubt about it, 3G is a real battery killer (I understand that the 3G baseband hardware takes up a significant part of the MSM7227 chip) so dropping to 2G whenever possible can only extend battery life as that part of the SOC is not in use. The new 4G basebands are even larger which explains why the first 4G devices eat the battery like there's no tomorrow!

My OSF was converted to GEN2 with an earlier version of Wbaw's TPT.

Edited by Maringer

Guest targetbsp
Anyway, like many others say, n72 is almost perfect, if only we can use auto-brightness it'll be a bit more almost perfect. :P

I haven't tried it, cause I'm not that fussed about auto-brightness. But I bet you could turn it on and off with the phone off hook and phone idle events in tasker. Such that auto brightness was off whilst on the phone and on at all other times.

Guest jimbobvfr400
I will try that patch and check CSipSimple at evening (CSipSimple before call switch phone to silent and when voice is not on speaker).

One question for me new on CM7.

I have SD EXT4 partition and it is empty (on SS RLS5 it's working) and Titanium Backup also not display ext partition, what this? What I must to do to ext4 working?

Download S2E (Simple to Ext) from the market and you can easily get this working

Guest k0zmic

I tried N84 but the dialer still drains the battery for me. Also, my phone screen locks up black due to the Proximity Sensor and the only way I can get back to home is either pull out the battery or wait for the other person to end the call.

Afterwards, the Dialer keeps a wakelock and drains the battery.

Note: This has happened on previous nightlies e.g. the 40's to 60's so I think it's my proximity sensor that's just weird. It works fine on SS and on the Stock 2.1 ROM.

Any ideas or solutions?

Edited by k0zmic

Guest stedk
No doubt about it, 3G is a real battery killer (I understand that the 3G baseband hardware takes up a significant part of the MSM7227 chip) so dropping to 2G whenever possible can only extend battery life as that part of the SOC is not in use. The new 4G basebands are even larger which explains why the first 4G devices eat the battery like there's no tomorrow!

I am not sure 3G is itself the problem since on other roms the drain didn't happen or at least wasn't so noticeable.

I am on a 3G ONLY provider and I had to revert back to SS5: I got to 0% in 12 - 16 h on nightly 81 with audio patch, my Blade is my main phone and I could not live with so little battery life...

Guest cartoone

I also tested my phone with N67.

on standy the charge seems to be ok.. in 2 days it shows around 70%

but once i started using it.. I put music for an hour and the battery suddenly dropped to 20%...

Any nightly build address the battery retain capacity?

(btw my 2nd phone is in SS5, and the battery life seems much better)

Guest Android.Fan

I've been reading posts about libaudio.so in this thread.

What does this patched audio makes or breaks?

people are saying that it wouldn't route SIP audio to HEADPHONES. Does it mean HEADPHONES (connected to the phone with audio jack) or they confused it with phone's EARPIECE?

Can anybody please clarify it?

Guest MidaMilunk
I tried N84 but the dialer still drains the battery for me. Also, my phone screen locks up black due to the Proximity Sensor and the only way I can get back to home is either pull out the battery or wait for the other person to end the call.

Afterwards, the Dialer keeps a wakelock and drains the battery.

Note: This has happened on previous nightlies e.g. the 40's to 60's so I think it's my proximity sensor that's just weird. It works fine on SS and on the Stock 2.1 ROM.

Any ideas or solutions?

Other dialer than the stock one? I use "Dialer one" from the ancient times, and never experienced any drain of power caused by any dialer! Currently no wakelock problem for me at all!

Proximity issue is a bit weird to me. I also experienced black screens before N83, but with this ROM the screen remain lit when I remove the phone from my ear! This is worse I guess, since the black screen gone pressing the back button.