[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest birdibird

Hi all

Since a couple of nighties I've got the problem that market doesn't restore all links to the apps anymore. It started happening from if I remember well N79.

I did already all the tricks: wiping data on the market app, deleting and reinstalling the market app, using titanium pro market doctor, using link2sd Market fix.

Nothing helps, while these tools used to do the trick.

any ideas? only half of my apps show up in market and half of them because I reinstalled them manually. But 50 other apps don't show up. :P

Guest Grain
people are saying that it wouldn't route SIP audio to HEADPHONES. Does it mean HEADPHONES (connected to the phone with audio jack) or they confused it with phone's EARPIECE?

The patched libaudio.so basically is the libaudio of N39 and before. It fixes battery drain after calls but routes SIP audio to the LOUDSPEAKER (at the bottom right of the phone) :P . Routing to headphones attached to the TRRS jack works okay. That's just the way stock ROMs and JJ/SS behave as well.

Guest targetbsp
I tried N84 but the dialer still drains the battery for me. Also, my phone screen locks up black due to the Proximity Sensor and the only way I can get back to home is either pull out the battery or wait for the other person to end the call.

Afterwards, the Dialer keeps a wakelock and drains the battery.

Note: This has happened on previous nightlies e.g. the 40's to 60's so I think it's my proximity sensor that's just weird. It works fine on SS and on the Stock 2.1 ROM.

Any ideas or solutions?

How about using N72 fixed for the proximity and the libaudio patch for the dialler drain as we've been discussing the past few pages :P

hi,

N84 still got the proximity issue?

Quickly flashed N84 this morning, and it looked like the proximity sensor did no longer work at all while calling...

I tried all possible settings I thought could have an impact: CM brightness settings on/off, brightness settings on/off, force proximity on/off.

The screen would never switch off, neither would the digitizer...

I did a full wipe yesterday before applying N83, then reverted to N81 (simple flash with cache & dalvik wipe), and this morning just flashed N84 with cache & dalvik wipe.

Guest anneliese
How about using N72 fixed for the proximity and the libaudio patch for the dialler drain as we've been discussing the past few pages :P

Anyone already tried?

Guest targetbsp
Did you mean : link ?

:rolleyes: your link did not work for me (only?)

This forum software sucks for linking to. I put in a link, tested it and it didn't work. I edited it, tested it and it did. Now I try it again and it doesn't lol. Yours does though. Thanks. :P

Guest k0zmic

Thanks.

I'll give that a go. I'm on N78 at the moment using the libaudio patch which stops the drain and using the dialer doesn't mean I have to pull out the battery to get back to my home screen.

EDIT: Well I just tried it and my proximity sensor makes the screen turn straight off when it's not near my face or an object. This has happened on most the other nightlies I've tried but my Proximity sensor works fine on SS.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest Fou-lu
This forum software sucks for linking to. I put in a link, tested it and it didn't work. I edited it, tested it and it did. Now I try it again and it doesn't lol. Yours does though. Thanks. :P

yeah, also posted a link at another forum and it redirected to homepage, short URLs of it work though.

Guest sej7278
Hi all

Since a couple of nighties I've got the problem that market doesn't restore all links to the apps anymore. It started happening from if I remember well N79.

I did already all the tricks: wiping data on the market app, deleting and reinstalling the market app, using titanium pro market doctor, using link2sd Market fix.

Nothing helps, while these tools used to do the trick.

any ideas? only half of my apps show up in market and half of them because I reinstalled them manually. But 50 other apps don't show up. :P

i've had that for ages, well before n79 i think. i assumed it was a market/google bug as it happens on the website too, not just the app. i even had it with the market from gapps-20110503, going back to 20110307 didn't help.

it comes and goes (install/remove fix works usually) so i doubt its actually a cm7 bug, i even had it carry across a factory reset/data wipe.

Edited by sej7278

Guest CaptainSpectacular
I haven't tried it, cause I'm not that fussed about auto-brightness. But I bet you could turn it on and off with the phone off hook and phone idle events in tasker. Such that auto brightness was off whilst on the phone and on at all other times.

You mean that we can turn Off auto-brightness only when we have a call or what ? :rolleyes:

Sorry my english is not so good. :P

Guest targetbsp
You mean that we can turn Off auto-brightness only when we have a call or what ? :rolleyes:

Sorry my english is not so good. :P

Yeah. Tasker can be set to disable auto-brightness whilst you are on the phone and enable it when you hang up.

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Well, I've discovered Tasker in same time thanks. :P I'll give a try and why not buy it, if it's not a free alternative ?

Thanks anyway. :rolleyes:

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Guest targetbsp
Well, I've discovered Tasker in same time thanks. :P I'll give a try and why not buy it, if it's not a free alternative ?

Thanks anyway. :rolleyes:

There are alternatives to some of the features of Tasker but they're more focused on specific tasks so I don't know whether they will handle this. Timerific and Llama are alternatives. AutomateIt is probably the closest you can get to Tasker but it's fairly new and I don't know if it supports all the features of tasker.

Note also that while I can see it's possible to set this up in tasker - I don't know for sure that it works as planned. In an hour or so I can test it before you buy it if you like. If you beat me to it, you'll want 2 profiles. One on the phone off hook event and one on the phone idle event. On off hook you'll want a task which sets auto brightness off and on idle, auto brightness on.

Tasker is handy to have with CM anyway. I use it to reconnect the wifi with 100% reliability. In the early days I used it to work around the old proximity bug where the screen would go black. In the froyos I used it to alert me to missed calls and texts. It's very good for working around shortcomings in roms! Aside from the more obvious automation tasks it was actually intended for.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp
Note also that while I can see it's possible to set this up in tasker - I don't know for sure that it works as planned. In an hour or so I can test it before you buy it if you like. If you beat me to it, you'll want 2 profiles. One on the phone off hook event and one on the phone idle event. On off hook you'll want a task which sets auto brightness off and on idle, auto brightness on.

OK. I got around to testing this much faster than an hour lol. And it works perfect. :P Auto brightness on before call, in call the proximity works fine, if you hit home you can see on your widget that brightness is manual, return to the call and hang it up and your widget shows auto brightness again.

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Really nice thanks you very much. :P

What's about the battery drain ? This app is an "battery killer" ? I suppose it isn't cause you use it. <_<

Thanks again. :rolleyes:

Guest targetbsp
Really nice thanks you very much. :P

What's about the battery drain ? This app is an "battery killer" ? I suppose it isn't cause you use it. <_<

Thanks again. :rolleyes:

In itself, it doesn't hurt the battery - it doesn't cause partial wakes or anything when it has nothing to do. But tasks it's given to do will take battery. So you can drain your battery intentionally by telling it to do something inefficient like turn on wifi and sync your facebook every minute throughout the night. Or unintentionally by writing an incorrect script - I once accidentally had it checking something every millisecond non-stop which ran the CPU pretty much flat out!

I previously mentioned alerting me to missed calls and texts in Froyo. That involved keeping the phone awake with screen off. That's obviously bad for the battery life! But it only triggered when I had a missed call and I figured knowing I had a missed call was important. And it still used half the battery that Noled did because Noled keeps the screen on.

Stuff I have that doesn't use much battery:

auto brightness fix as above

start my music when i plug in earphones

toggle gps on and off with maps

airplane the phone over night

change the screen timeout between 10 minutes when i'm running an app and 30 seconds when i'm on homescreen

turn the wifi on and off with the screen (in conjunction with sleep policy of never, this gives me a literally 100% reliable wifi reconnection)

In short, it doesn't use battery, but your tasks might!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Thanks for all, very clear help. :P

I will definitly give a try to this app and work around with the profiles.

Cheers.

Guest shad0wboss

libstragefright; decoding 854x480 is added...but those are higher pixels then the one blade supports no?

Edited by shad0wboss

Guest k0zmic
libstragefright; decoding 854x480 is added...but those are higher pixels then the one blade supports no?

Blade is 800x480.

Edited by k0zmic