[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Grain
I'm testing it for after call battery drain. Initially it seemed to drop a couple of percent rather quickly but since then it's seemed stable. Gonna need a pretty long test to be sure methinks. Still on it. :rolleyes:

No need to observe battery percent anymore, just check the logcat as indicated. If the last message says "muted", it'll be okay, or at least any drain will not be libaudio related :P .

Guest jjcg75

Same here, trying to connect to SKY email using IMAP on nightly 84 - never had an issue on previous nightlies?

Anyone having problem with email?

My virgin media email stopped working and now can't get it going again - I know I've got all my settings right and it keeps saying "Cannont connect to Server. (expected string, none found.)

Am running nightly 85

Guest targetbsp
i'm allways on 2G, 3 days without data - the best my result (on 2.2), on 2.3 - 2 days with data.

8 days is my personal best (I was sick and didn't use it much!). Only data use was app updates from the market over wifi, some sms's and 1 brief call.

No need to observe battery percent anymore, just check the logcat as indicated. If the last message says "muted", it'll be okay, or at least any drain will not be libaudio related <_< .

Yeah I saw that. I prefer to see what it actually does rather than what the log says it's gonna do though. :( I assume that the guy that wrote it checked the log. :P There's always the chance that despite the log indicating the libaudio is working as intended that some other issue with it hits the battery. So far it is looking promising though. :rolleyes:

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp
Please, someone clever tell me how to install libaudio.so?

See post 4225 on the previous page for 3 different ways to do it. The Clockwork version is the comment 55 version though rather than the comment 65 one we're currently testing.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Android.Fan
Android.fan, any chance you could upload your "skype on 3" app somewhere? I've been trying to get hold of it, but when I try to download it from planet 3 it tells me my phone isnt support. I'm using a 3 payg sim in my blade running ss5. Thanks.

(Apologies, I know this is off topic, but I might go back to cm7 once more of the issues are sorted out...)

Please find the zip attached with two different versions of skype on 3. Enjoy.

Sorry updated twice. In the first zip you will find both versions whereas in the 2ns zip there is only one version.

Please don't try to flash this zip. just unzip copy the apk to your sdcard and install from any file explorer.

Skype_on_3.zip

Skype_on_3.zip

Edited by Android.Fan

Guest devilkazuya
incredible! how??? no data,calls?

yeh very light use, no data and not made a single call yet lol. Few texts and 1/2 hours of browsing.

Guest Psyloid

QUESTION : can i download N72 fixed + gapps + new libaudio.so, then unzip them all, merge the files, delete some apps (and maybe add some) in system/apps, change bootanimation.zip and rezip the stuff, or do i have to install everything seperatly...

1 pre ready file would be handy to give to less handy friends for flashing

thanks

Guest targetbsp
I found that installing this fix disabled my bluetooth. Anyone else found this or have I missed something. Currently using N83.

Bluetooth headset? It breaks VoIP using headsets if that's what you were doing. There's a newer version of it to test which may fix that. Comment 65 from: http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=2858

QUESTION : can i download N72 fixed + gapps + new libaudio.so, then unzip them all, merge the files, delete some apps (and maybe add some) in system/apps, change bootanimation.zip and rezip the stuff, or do i have to install everything seperatly...

1 pre ready file would be handy to give to less handy friends for flashing

thanks

I don't see why not. I tend not to unzip the main rom and just drag and drop changes into it.

Most of the time I don't change it before flashing because Rom manager handles gapps for you, and Titanium is better for removing stuff (it 'remembers' what you removed last update so you don't have to!). But I have in the past done most of what you are suggesting (except bootanimation - i'm not into cosmetic changes. :P ).

Edited by targetbsp

Guest flshg
Please find the zip attached with two different versions of skype on 3. Enjoy.

Sorry updated twice. In the first zip you will find both versions whereas in the 2ns zip there is only one version.

Please don't try to flash this zip. just unzip copy the apk to your sdcard and install from any file explorer.

Thanks a lot Android.fan, installed fine.

Guest Hingy
I found that installing this fix disabled my bluetooth. Anyone else found this or have I missed something. Currently using N83.

I use this and my bluetooth is working fine.

Guest saturnreturn
The notification LED's work fine in CM7 with the phone asleep. The assumption that it was impossible, during the reign of Froyo roms, was erroneous. :P Also, this feaure was the number one reason I initially kept coming back to CM7 from the froyos - even in CM7's buggy early days.

Really? There were lots of smart devs working on those ROMs - so I'm surprised to hear they missed something like this. Don't suppose you can point me to anything where they had a "Eureka!" moment can you? As far as I can remember, the kernel we're using in CM7 is the same one used in Froyo kernel (2.6.32), so don't know what changed...

Guest targetbsp
Really? There were lots of smart devs working on those ROMs - so I'm surprised to hear they missed something like this. Don't suppose you can point me to anything where they had a "Eureka!" moment can you? As far as I can remember, the kernel we're using in CM7 is the same one used in Froyo kernel (2.6.32), so don't know what changed...

It just worked from day 1 in CM7. There was no announcement about any miracle fix. Except for me, and now you, no-one ever seemed that interested in it.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest saturnreturn
It just worked from day 1 in CM7. There was no announcement about any miracle fix. Except for me, and now you, no-one ever seemed that interested in it.

Just seems strange that with all this battery drain discussion, nobody has mentioned that this used to be an issue...

Guest targetbsp
Just seems strange that with all this battery drain discussion, nobody has mentioned that this used to be an issue...

That's probably because something working for the past 3 months isn't an issue. :rolleyes: And when Cm7 was first out there were bigger things to talk about than something that unexpectedly worked. :P

Don't get me wrong. I think it's a big issue. I've already said it was my main reason for using this. I don't think it bothers most people though. Some big name phones don't have this functionality either. To me it seems crazy to not be alerted that you've missed a call or text.

[edit]

Dunno if you know but there is actually a bug in it: http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issue...tars%20Priority

Edited by targetbsp

Guest k0zmic

To use the ZTE Dialer you could take a SS ROM and extract the SmartDialer.apk from it and then push it via ADB to system or copy it into /system/app with Root Explorer. I don't know if it would work or not.

Also, I just got a Google Music invite :P.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest Simono

Sygic Navigation after today update make reboot for me :P on N84.

After third reboot and one app close working, strange.

Edited by Simono

Guest sej7278

looks like the imap email issue has a fix coming soon-ish: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,5665

its been reported for a while, looking at the changelog they tried to fix it unsuccessfully around n80/81: http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=3243

if anyone's interested, the sourcecode (git diff as a patch) to the libaudio.so fix #65 has been supplied: http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issue...ail?id=2858#c71

Guest Mushroom_Lord
To use the ZTE Dialer you could take a SS ROM and extract the SmartDialer.apk from it and then push it via ADB to system or copy it into

Also, I just got a Google Music invite :P.

- _ -

Yes, it was necessary to put it that big.

Jealousy is a killer. :/

Edited by Mushroom_Lord