[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest supermies123

What would be could settings for auto-brightness sensor on CM7 and how can I make auto-brightness sensor react faster for light changes?

It's way better on Froyo ROM's. Maybe by changing light settings on CM7 it can be as good?

Guest _amano

This new libaudio.so from M. Kiesel ( direct linking won't work - get this one from comment 65 (NOT 67!) http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issue...ail?id=2858#c65 ) should achieve both things:

*fix battery drain

*fix SIP audio routing (for most if not all apps)

Please test and report back (any Sipgate/Sipdroid/Skype users around?).

Edited by _amano

Guest ColdEmbrace
Just a quick reference for those who are struggling with download speeds and why

http://wiki.vuze.com/w/Bad_ISPs

That list although mostly accurate isn't 100%

for example im from kent. england, running on virgin media broadband. I have no cap, no throttle. purely because i pay more for faster speeds

1312738336.png

and i still struggle to get 720p without it stuttering every now and then

downside is my blade only recieves about 6/7mbps is there anyway too increase that?

Edited by ColdEmbrace

Guest sej7278
Good news is that N85 doesn't have the after call battery drain -issue. I went to sleep with 80% and woke up at 70% 7 hours later with 3G data on. Nice!

did you apply the libaudio.so patch though, as without it the battery drain issue isn't fixed (unless you did the vol+, vol- workaround).

downside is my blade only recieves about 6/7mbps is there anyway too increase that?

i've got a feeling that's down to the wifi chip and cpu of the blade, probably can't cope with 45mbps, it could also be the quality of the wifi connection on your router - do other devices like laptops get that kind of speed when on wifi, or only ethernet?

Edited by sej7278

Guest MidaMilunk

This morning I was happy with some 33 hours of uptime, but after waking me up, the phone has frozen, I had to remove the battery :P

N84... almost no other issues anyway, no GPS reboot, serious battery drain... Just some echo after starting a call, and some proximity weirdness.

Guest cjp666
for me its rock solid with the libaudio.so patch (well n84 was, i've only just installed my n85+) although i don't really care about sip or headsets.

no gps/usb reboots, no proximity problems for me at least. people are reporting imap email probs. hell read the thread its only a couple of hundred pages :P

FLAC, ouch 35mb/track @ 400kbps upload. by the time you upload that lot we'll be on CM8 stable.

gotta say, i've got a good 9mbps download but can't get youtube 720p to play anywhere near nicely. 360p though dude, you on dial-up?

I have gps/usb reboots. If I charge to 100% via usb and then try and use gps it always reboots twice before gps is stable. Haven't got to the bottom of it yet but still testing things.

Guest sej7278
I have gps/usb reboots. If I charge to 100% via usb and then try and use gps it always reboots twice before gps is stable. Haven't got to the bottom of it yet but still testing things.

what gps app are you using though as one of them (Aura or something?) is buggy as hell. does it happen with google maps, igo, copilot or anything?

new google maps 5.5 today i downloaded and it didn't reboot, which is odd as it usually reboots when upgraded, it did for 5.4

Guest ColdEmbrace
i've got a feeling that's down to the wifi chip and cpu of the blade, probably can't cope with 45mbps, it could also be the quality of the wifi connection on your router - do other devices like laptops get that kind of speed when on wifi, or only ethernet?

The wuality is fine, that post and speed test was from my laptop wireless

I understand the blade is Wireless G only but I didn't expect such a drop in speed.

Guest drobson67

Sounds like it could be the gps app youre using, Im running N84 and using the google maps navigation with comes with cm7, the first time I used it rebooted then has been faultless ever since.

Guest targetbsp
OK. That's what I liked to know. I understood that someone had it working and others didn't. My issue is that the oncall screen just stays on until it times out, turns off and locks. It won't react to proximity at all. But if it's a ROM issue, then fine. I'll wait for a solution. Thanks.

Your best bet is to try N72Fixed with autobrightness switched off and see if that solves your problem. If so, then it's the rom issue.

Guest Celtic67

I'm on N84 with the test libaudio.so (65) and things look OK for normal calls. I thought I'd test the sip stuff with my sipgate account, but I'm having real trouble getting it to work. Does the sip issue refer to the built-in sip settings or could I install a sip client & test it properly.

Alternatively, if anyone's got sipgate working with the section under Call Settings, could you point me in the right direction, please? The settings on sipgate.co.uk don't seem to apply.

Guest k0zmic

Yeah the Wi-Fi chip isn't N so it likely won't get over around 7MB.

Guest Grain
I thought I'd test the sip stuff with my sipgate account, but I'm having real trouble getting it to work. Does the sip issue refer to the built-in sip settings or could I install a sip client & test it properly.

Best test both. Testing with Skype would be good, too.

The built-in SIP client worked fine for me with Sipgate. Be sure to use Sipgate's SIP login credentials. These are different from Sipgate web login credentials and can be seen in settings when logged in to their website.

In general, when asking for help, please state the actual problem you have. "Real trouble getting it to work" isn't very descriptive :P .

Guest KACE_231

Does anyone get an annoying hiss/static noise when using the speakers for anything (i.e. calls, videos etc.), or is this just poor quality hardware

Guest Celtic67

The built-in SIP client worked fine for me with Sipgate. Be sure to use Sipgate's SIP login credentials. These are different from Sipgate web login credentials and can be seen in settings when logged in to their website.

In general, when asking for help, please state the actual problem you have. "Real trouble getting it to work" isn't very descriptive :P .

Fairy nuff :-) I thought the sipgate setup issues were a little bit beyond the scope of this thread.

The account wouldn't register yesterday, I was trying all kinds of stuff under optional settings. Just tried again, ID, password, sipgate.co.uk as the server and it's registered first time.

I'll test that & Skype when it stops raining here. I can't get a decent signal indoors!

For additional info, the logcat entry does show muted as the last relevant one after a normal call. I'm using aLogcat with a filter of doAudioRouteOrMute() to test this.

Guest Simono

Do you all that upgraded from SS RLS5 have impression that Sygic Navigation is slower then on SS RLS5? I don't remember but in Android Info now I see that OpenGL ES-CM 1.1 i supported (maybe I mistake but on SS RLS5 bygones 2.0).

Guest dm666

I've got serious battery drain with Nightly 84 (also other nightlys before) when using the build in Voip Kernel with "receiving incoming calls" enabled: after 4 hours without using the telefone, the battery dropped from 100 to 50%. Stats tell that 38% of this usage is due to Android OS, and 31% to Standby.

When using the same ROM with fring voip client, also incoming calls enabled, I had 75% battery after 5 hours!

Can anybody confirm this? Whats wrong with the native VOIP client?

cheers

dm666

Edited by dm666

Guest Grain
I've got serious battery drain with Nightly 84 (also other nightlys before) when using the build in Voip Kernel with "receiving incoming calls" enabled

It says "Shortens battery life" just below "Receive incoming calls". Isn't that clear enough? :P

It'll prevent the device from sleeping and cause some network traffic. Nothing that can be done about that and certainly not a bug in CM.

Guest Celtic67

The sun has got his hat on, so I've had a quick test using sipgate & Skype's test systems. Hopefully I understand the bug correctly, otherwise this might be nonsense.

Both sipgate (using built-in setup) and Skype (using their client) route the incoming audio through the normal speaker. Both have a button that can be pressed to route to the loudspeaker & it works fine on both. I can switch between standard speaker & loudspeaker, no problem.

I didn't think the hiss issue was related to voip calls, but I did check logcat anyway and the last entry did say muted.

Guest Grain
Both sipgate (using built-in setup) and Skype (using their client) route the incoming audio through the normal speaker.

Both have a button that can be pressed to route to the loudspeaker & it works fine on both. I can switch between standard speaker & loudspeaker, no problem.

I didn't think the hiss issue was related to voip calls, but I did check logcat anyway and the last entry did say muted.

normal speaker=earpiece=the small speaker at the top of the phone? Then everything's okay, thank you :P .