[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest KACE_231

I was thinking with regards to this audio issue, can we use the libaudio.so file from a 2.2 ROM (i.e. swedish springs)

Guest Grain
I was thinking with regards to this audio issue, can we use the libaudio.so file from a 2.2 ROM (i.e. swedish springs)

Sure, but both the 2.1 and 2.2 stock ROM don't route SIP audio properly either. It's just that nobody there cares :P .

Guest Celtic67
normal speaker=earpiece=the small speaker at the top of the phone? Then everything's okay, thank you :P .

That's the ones. Having said that, when I ring the test system on Skype, the ringing sound comes from the loudspeaker. Once it answers, though, I can switch between loudspeaker & top/normal/earpiece speaker.

Guest Celtic67
Hmm - CM7 (aka Gingerbread) has built-in SIP-Support? If yes - where - i cant find it myself :P

Thx!

Settings, Call Settings, you'll find Internet Call Settings at the bottom of there.

Guest Simono
Hmm - CM7 (aka Gingerbread) has built-in SIP-Support? If yes - where - i cant find it myself :P

Thx!

In Phone Call settings

Edited by Simono

Guest lixcab

<rant>

Late at work today because my phone switched itself off while charging and alarm didn't go off... again! :P

</rant>

Guest Spykeuk
That list although mostly accurate isn't 100%

for example im from kent. england, running on virgin media broadband. I have no cap, no throttle. purely because i pay more for faster speeds

and i still struggle to get 720p without it stuttering every now and then

downside is my blade only recieves about 6/7mbps is there anyway too increase that?

What realworld speeds do you get? Try downloading from a HTTP site, and then from .torrent? do they vary?

Hi,

I have been running N85 since yesterday, and I have noticed something weird: battery info is no longer reset.

I seem to remember that the battery information stats & graph used to be reset every time the phone was shut down (not rebooted, shut down).

Don't know if I remember correctly, but anyway it's been a while since this screen wasn't reset on my Blade despite several reboots & shutdowns, whereas I'm sure it used to be every now and then before this nightly.

Now I find myself with 2days 15hours on the graph, which makes it quite unreadable...

Obviously it's no big deal, but I was just wondering if anyone had the same behaviour...

If it's normal, could so please let me know how to reset it manually?

Thanks

Edit: left the phone turned off for a while to charge quicker, and when I booted it, the stats were reset... :P

Edited by Guest

Guest Fou-lu
<rant>

Late at work today because my phone switched itself off while charging and alarm didn't go off... again! :P

</rant>

what nightly and GEN you using?

Guest ColdEmbrace
Yeah the Wi-Fi chip isn't N so it likely won't get over around 7MB.

But a wireless G standard should do 54Mbps

as for your local test server on your speed test you cant live too far from me :P

Guest ColdEmbrace
What realworld speeds do you get? Try downloading from a HTTP site, and then from .torrent? do they vary?

.torrent download speeds being whatever the hosts can output at

http site depending on its upload stream will vary. using rapidshare.com to share files gets me 6.0MBps Megabytes which equates to 50mbps megabits. Which is what I should be getting, but my phone only recieves 6/7megabits

Edited by ColdEmbrace

Guest ColdEmbrace
Theoretically it can.

Just not on my phone, my nans wireless G laptop only supports 27mbps but still 7mbps is a steep drop in connection speed.

Guest ValiantSaint
uhm, if your GEN1 you have to convert to GEM2 to use latest Nightlys, use the TPT method from wbaw which installs CM and converts at the same time

Thanks for the help. Er, what's a "TPT method?" (LOL) and which file would I need to do this with? Cheers : )

Guest Hingy
Thanks for the help. Er, what's a "TPT method?" (LOL) and which file would I need to do this with? Cheers : )

You want to read this thread.

Just follow the instructions on that thread. Once you have finished Step 4, your phone will be Gen 2. After that you can just install any GEN2 ROMS, such as the CM7 nightlys simply by using Clockwork.

Guest cartoone

Guys, really need your help. I trolled thru many posts in this thread and still not able to find a solution for my poor battery life with N67 build.

Scenario

1. Gen1 + TPT + N67

2. Battery shows good when in idle. Upto 1.5days, charge reduces just to 80% in standby

But once a call is made or music is played, it suddenly drops to 25% ish..

3. Battery stats show OS is using >50%

while other apps are using 10% etc of battery life.

So thought of going back to square one.

a. How to analyse the battery usage stats? Is there a good app for that?

b. Any logs showing where the battery is being drained in long running?

I really want to nail the root cause

thanks in advance

Edited by cartoone

Guest stephen m

CM7 Nightly 82 is here, here or here (size:103.86mb md5:6437fca478f2cc91555a407c23025ed6 sha1:7d93a561e7368bf125ee92463f49abb252e4f161). It's a similar process to above & can be used as an alternative to the above TPT, it installs the latest CM7 rom & clockworkmod for you as well as upgrading to Gen2.

Regarding the above for moving from Gen1 to Gen2. Is it as simple as installing this via fastboot clockworkmod or am I missing something :P

Guest targetbsp
Guys, really need your help. I trolled thru many posts in this thread and still not able to find a solution for my poor battery life with N67 build.

Scenario

1. Gen1 + TPT + N67

2. Battery shows good when in idle. Upto 1.5days, charge reduces just to 80% in standby

But once a call is made or music is played, it suddenly drops to 25% ish..

3. Battery stats show OS is using >50%

while other apps are using 10% etc of battery life.

So thought of going back to square one.

a. How to analyse the battery usage stats? Is there a good app for that?

b. Any logs showing where the battery is being drained in long running?

I really want to nail the root cause

thanks in advance

After you make a call, the battery will drain too rapidly in standby. You need the libaudio patch. Read back a few pages. Half the posts of the past 20 pages or so are about it. :P

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Should I be scared when I find this tweet by Flibblesan 2hours ago?

@HCDRJacob @bl2nk yep we are going to leave the blade because the blade sucks. Thats what Jacob said

and shortly after...

@bl2nk @HCDRJacob he said blade users are too demanding and too whiny, like a wife.

O.o - we may have just lost two of the (imo) Crucial members of our community :rolleyes:

But as one door closes, another opens, and I wish them luck on their next undoubtedly upcoming success :P