[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Mushroom_Lord
I can top that:

1313584573.png

What are you using there!?

This is me: 1313599201.png Connected with ethranet (sorry can't spell) to a desktop pc

Edited by Mushroom_Lord

Guest chimas

This is me: 1313599201.png Connected with ethranet (sorry can't spell) to a desktop pc

Mine is wireless. and I can say I hate it. I think it's Intranet. LOL. It's suppose to be upto 20mb ROFL.

Guest k0zmic
I can top that:

1313584573.png

Ouch. I was over Wi-Fi :P

Edited by k0zmic

Guest dm666

so why is there no such a battery drain when I use the Fring VOIP app, also with receiving incoming calls? Fring does not prevent the phone from sleeping and can receive calls. (using 3g net)

Why is this not possible with the built in VOIP client?

It says "Shortens battery life" just below "Receive incoming calls". Isn't that clear enough? :P

It'll prevent the device from sleeping and cause some network traffic. Nothing that can be done about that and certainly not a bug in CM.

Edited by dm666

Guest inotalas
Wifi tethering seems to disconnect every time the screen sleeps... Is this a general CM7 issue, or specific to the blade? I've seen some suggestions to set Wifi to never sleep, but that's never worked on the blade for normal Wifi, let alone hotspot!

I'm having the same problem using N85. In this ROM everything seems to be fine except that. Any solution?

Thanks in advance.

Guest marcodassi
Should I be scared when I find this tweet by Flibblesan 2hours ago?

@HCDRJacob @bl2nk yep we are going to leave the blade because the blade sucks. Thats what Jacob said

and shortly after...

@bl2nk @HCDRJacob he said blade users are too demanding and too whiny, like a wife.

O.o - we may have just lost two of the (imo) Crucial members of our community :(

But as one door closes, another opens, and I wish them luck on their next undoubtedly upcoming success <_<

really??? :D :P :rolleyes:

Guest Vasily Mulukov

Can anyone confirm if stacked LED problem has gone on recent builds?

The point is that if you use wifi keep alive application (i.e. wifi keep alive), and your phone screen is off, and any notification happens (i.e. sms or skype message) - the LED is on. You clear the notification - the LED is off, but as soon as screen will be off, the LED will turn ON again.

The problem is logged: http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=3700

thanks in advance!

N85 is running smooth sofar on my phone.

Same here... Been using it for something like 2 days now, and so far so good...

Patched libaudio.so from here

No bugs whatsoever - at least nothing annoying like gps reboots, charging reboot, etc.

Proximity sensor working OK most of the time, even with auto-brightness on (looks like it only works with my Blade, though :P)

"Normal" battery (~1% per hour in sleep mode)

Edited by Guest

Guest kuji
Same here... Been using it for more that 2 days now, and so far so good...

Patched libaudio.so from here

No bugs whatsoever - at least nothing annoying like gps reboots, charging reboot, etc.

Proximity sensor working OK most of the time, even with auto-brightness on (looks like it only works with my Blade, though :P)

"Normal" battery (~1% per hour in sleep mode)

For some reason now Ive patched that libaudio I seem to have gps reboots which I havent seen in a while and this is the only change from nightly flashing Ive done... :-/ Going to try reflashing and keeping the libaudio whch comes in the package.. oddd

Guest Maringer

Using N84 with the patched libaudio and things are generally pretty good with decent battery life.

However, yesterday evening after sending a couple of short e-mails and texts, battery drain went haywire, dropping almost 30% in 2 hours. No exotic software was running, just the basics but sensor usage was through the roof from the Dialler (though I hadn't taken any calls for a few hours!) and, after checking in Spare Parts, it appeared the phone wasn't sleeping properly.

A reboot solved this unusual battery drain but this sort of inexplicable behaviour from time to time is a little frustrating. Otherwise, the ROM is almost perfect so I hope the devs can root out the minor glitches which seem to be causing unexpected battery drainage.

Guest Xenon0816

Hey guys,

Is there any fix for the problem that CM7 doesn't recognise swipes that come from the downside edge? If I pull dow my notification bar and try to get it back up, sometimes I miss the screen a little bit and the swipe starts below the screen. In this case the phone does not recognise the swipe, so the notification bar stays down there...

I think this is a known problem, but I could not find an entry in the bug tracker...

Any fix for this problem?

Guest targetbsp
Hey guys,

Is there any fix for the problem that CM7 doesn't recognise swipes that come from the downside edge? If I pull dow my notification bar and try to get it back up, sometimes I miss the screen a little bit and the swipe starts below the screen. In this case the phone does not recognise the swipe, so the notification bar stays down there...

I think this is a known problem, but I could not find an entry in the bug tracker...

Any fix for this problem?

If it's not on the bug tracker then I suspect it went stale because no one confirmed it was an issue in the last release build.

Can anyone confirm if stacked LED problem has gone on recent builds?

It would say ShouldBeFixed if it was fixed. :P

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Xenon0816
If it's not on the bug tracker then I suspect it went stale because no one confirmed it was an issue in the last release build.

Well I had this problem with 7.0.0 and 7.0.3 so I think even the stable versions had this problem...

What about you? Can you confirm the problem?

Guest targetbsp
Well I had this problem with 7.0.0 and 7.0.3 so I think even the stable versions had this problem...

What about you? Can you confirm the problem?

Yep. Still broke.

It's here: http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=2903

And yeah, it went stale in 7.0.2

That doesn't mean it wasn't broke. That just means no-one cared about it enough to confirm it was broke. :P

Edited by targetbsp

Guest trowls

First and foremost thank you to everybody engaged in the development of this ROM. I find that it is really interesting to follow the development. Also thank you to the participants in this forum who keeps it so vibrant.

I've been running N85 without any patches for about a day now and every thing seems to be running very smoothly.

However I still have a problem with my screen that only goes off once during phone calls. I assume it is the proximity sensor issue. It seems I am about the only one that still has that problem. What am I doing wrong - I made a full wipe before I installed. Should I try to reinstall or is there a patch I can try to add?

I tried this ROM yesterday [url=http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...nogenmod-green] and had no proximity sensor issues (but LED issues however). Maybe there is a patch from that one I can use?

Some people are still adding the patched libaudio but hasn't it been fixed in the latest nightlies?

First and foremost thank you to everybody engaged in the development of this ROM. I find that it is really interesting to follow the development. Also thank you to the participants in this forum who keeps it so vibrant.

I've been running N85 without any patches for about a day now and every thing seems to be running very smoothly.

However I still have a problem with my screen that only goes off once during phone calls. I assume it is the proximity sensor issue. It seems I am about the only one that still has that problem. What am I doing wrong - I made a full wipe before I installed. Should I try to reinstall or is there a patch I can try to add?

I tried this ROM yesterday and had no proximity sensor issues (but LED issues however). Maybe there is a patch from that one I can use?

Some people are still adding the patched libaudio but hasn't it been fixed in the latest nightlies?

You're definitely not the last one to have issues with the proximity sensor: as a matter of fact I think most users who tried the latest nightlies mentioned having it... As for myself, sometimes it shows up, but often it works as expected...

Concerning the libaudio, I'm pretty sure it was not included in any nightlies as the patch was not merged yet.

Edited by Guest

Guest KACE_231

As far as I can tell:

- the "LED permenantly on" is not really an issue, I get it very rarely, and it usually resets itself when I recieve a new notifciation

- The audio issue, is fixed (download the libaudio.so file from the posts above), no battery drain due to this issue, hasnt been merged yet

- Proximity, well it doesnt affect me either, but a workaround is setting a fixed brightness or taking calls in fixed lighting conditions

Overall the ROM (n85) is pretty much complete, just some people having issues that others dont have.

Edited by KACE_231

Guest Blues003
As far as I can tell:

- the "LED permenantly on" is not really an issue, I get it very rarely, and it usually resets itself when I recieve a new notifciation

- The audio issue, is fixed (download the libaudio.so file from the posts above), no battery drain due to this issue, hasnt been merged yet

- Proximity, well it doesnt affect me either, but a workaround is setting a fixed brightness or taking calls in fixed lighting conditions

Overall the ROM (n85) is pretty much complete, just some people having issues that others dont have.

I will be the devil's lawyer, but there are still 3 other issues to be attended:

- GPS Reboots appear to still occur to some people. This does not happen to me because I do not use GPS, nor have the latest nightlies (I will only flash once everything is fixed)

- USB Mounting appears to have some issues from time to time. I have not experienced this, but LanceH has reported it.

- Overclocking appears to be unstable (it was stable in previous nightlies).

In any case I think the CM is a great ROM as it is. However, for the sake of having a truly perfect CM for the Blade, I feel that the community should make an effort so as to solve these remaining 6 problems. At least before the Android version changes/Kernel transitions are made. Who wouldn't want a perfectly stable version of CM for their phone?

Guest targetbsp

N72 fixed will avoid the proximity issue for you. And nothing Blade specific has been done since it to especially warrant running a newer version. :P

In what way is overclocking unstable? It's stable for me in N72 and N80-something. If you lower your CPU overclock to minimum (650-ish) and that's stable then overclocking is fine and it's simply that you're overclocking too high. I've not seen any posts about an issue with it since the late 30's.

Edited by targetbsp