[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest sej7278
But it says quite clearly that the accelerometer is fixed... And whilst I don't play such games no-one has ever said it isn't... <_<

And looking at the response to your tacked on comment on the bug tracker... I'm not the only person to be under this belief.

In fact, looking back at the posts for N72 fixed roms, you made one of the 2 fixed versions and said you was using the new libs? :rolleyes:

odd, so if its not the new sensor lib i don't know what it is!

is n72fixed actually fixed though - i thought n85 was fixed until i had a bit more of an in-depth experiment.

my version was n71.5, it was slightly earlier than n72, it just had the slide-keyboard fix in it.

Yes "they" do, and a fix is coming :P

care to share?

Edited by sej7278

Guest targetbsp
odd, so if its not the new sensor lib i don't know what it is!

is n72fixed actually fixed though - i thought n85 was fixed until i had a bit more of an in-depth experiment.

Yeah N72fixed is only kinda OK actually. It's fine with autobrightness off - it doesn't work with it on. Whereas all later builds are broken either way. I seem to recall them mucking around with automatically disabling light sensors when not needed around that time. So that probably accounts for the difference. But the changelog website doesn't go back that far. :P

Guest Taptap1

I installed the CM7 green. Nightlie 84 + fixes.

But there is no DSP Manager and no Theme Chooser.

I forgot to add them before flashing and now I can not install them and I can not flash them.

What should I do

Guest KACE_231
I installed the CM7 green. Nightlie 84 + fixes.

But there is no DSP Manager and no Theme Chooser.

I forgot to add them before flashing and now I can not install them and I can not flash them.

What should I do

Reflash the ROM with the app in them

Guest MidaMilunk
Please tell me you tried using GPS more than once, and tried the stock google navigation app

What is exactly the stock navigation? Google maps has no navigation feature for Hungary!

I can use the GPS several times, but eventually it (I mean using GPS) will cause a reboot. It does not depend on what apps I am using, or do I overclock or not.

I use Google maps quite rarely, since it only works online, can not use it for navigation, or geocaching, so there is no real sense to use it for me. Anyway, many application invokes google's map API I guess, ang those can also cause reboots. It also happened to me once with Google maps!

It also affect many (if not all) of my friends who use CM7 versions - and often use GPS.

I can start and use GPS for hours, the problem raises switching it on and off (I do not do this, but many apps are friendly to the power, so stop using the GPS if not is foreground) in most of the cases reboot happens while trying to recover a fix which was ghot earlier - so not the first time (but there was also such case once).

Well, I can try it with 7.0.3 if it matters, but I think if it happens now, it will with the next stable as well, if someone can not frame the real cause! I just do not remember if it happened or not, since the "reboot after charge" was even worse (although it could be handled disabling the screen lock while charging)...

Guest MidaMilunk
Would someone please try if the Endomondo worked. My Blade says "Missing shared library." I'd just to like know if it was because of I have't wipe since installing the version 7.0.0.

It works for me... try to move to the phone if it is installed on SD! I think it does not metter for this app anyway, just worth a try.

N84 (I used endomondo with all the nightlies I have ever installed)

Guest k0zmic

Target, I tried N72 (as you advised :P ) as well as Psyloid's ROM and turned auto brightness off.

Yet, my proximity sensor still doesn't work (i.e. the screen just goes black even if I hold it 30 cm away). But on SS and stock it works fine so it's not a hardware fault.

In Elixir it doesn't change as I move my finger, I have to turn it on/off to register the correct distance.

My Blade is newer than most people's as it's around a month and a half old, perhaps the model of proximity sensor is slightly different?

Oh and I've tried different dialers as well but same result.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest copas2
On N84 i have random reboots while using GPS applications (Google Maps, Sygic Navigation).

Temporary workaround: don't ever turn GPS reciever off after once turning it on. Instead reboot the phone manually if you want the reciever off.

Guest ColdEmbrace
what the hell does pacman.apk do in cyanogen? it for sure isn't pacman game :P

well the only image in the apk is the cyanogenmod sign

Guest Grain

To those getting GPS reboots, please provide crash logcats and if possible dmesg output.

To get this, connect the phone to the PC, "adb shell", execute "logcat", and in another window, "adb shell", then "dmesg".

Make the phone reboot because of the GPS problem.

Copy (all!) the logs you get to pastebin and report here.

Guest marcodassi

About battery drain: my battery just died after... 4d 8h 4m 29s :P :rolleyes: <_< (with light to moderate usage)

Using N85 + libaudio patch!

Guest Len Ash
So, there's a 2.6.35 kernel floating around isn't there - how come it's not in the current ROMs?

Later kernels offer little or no advantages to existing mobile platforms. There are no major issues with .32, so no panic.

Guest shad0wboss

lol you guys crack me out...i posted this issue like a week ago when N7x came out recently and no one paid attention to it...my phone gets hot like crazy (not the battery part but the part where camera and sd card is) even when i'm using internet for 2-3 minutes...

Guest shad0wboss

lol you guys crack me out...i posted this issue like a week ago when N7x came out recently and no one paid attention to it...my phone gets hot like crazy (not the battery part but the part where camera and sd card is) even when i'm using internet for 2-3 minutes...

Guest shad0wboss

Guest stephen m
About battery drain: my battery just died after... 4d 8h 4m 29s :rolleyes: <_< :( (with light to moderate usage)

Using N85 + libaudio patch!

That's great - did you zip the patch via Clockworkmod or by some other means :P

Guest colin.bate
From SEJ7278

i just compiled the latest commits (n85+) and the libaudio.so patch #65 is included

As we don't seem to be getting any Nightlies in the last few days can you provide a download of your rom as quoted above.

Regards

Colin Bate

Guest stephen m
As we don't seem to be getting any Nightlies in the last few days can you provide a download of your rom as quoted above.

Regards

Colin Bate

That'd be good - might get the same battery life as marcodassi that way

Guest marcodassi
That's great - did you zip the patch via Clockworkmod or by some other means :P

1. cleaned cache + dalvik + fix permissions in CWM (yeah, no full wipe for nightlies...)

2. installed N85

3. again, cleaned cache + dalvik + fix permissions in CWM (my usual procedure, just to be on the safe side)

4. rebooted from CWM

5. via ADB:

adb start-server

adb remount

adb push libaudio.so /system/lib/

adb shell chmod 644 /system/lib/libaudio.so

adb reboot

adb kill-server

Done! :rolleyes:

Edit: using libaudio.so from post #65 on http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issue...ail?id=2858#c71

Edited by marcodassi

Guest thomasboyd

I am currently using R7 rom 2.2 and am more or less happy with it

but I would like better GPS functionality and increased battery life

should I upgrade to this rom?

Guest ColdEmbrace

The thing is an issue can't be officially reported till a stable release therefore posting here won't bring much

Guest stephen m
1. cleaned cache + dalvik + fix permissions in CWM (yeah, no full wipe for nightlies...)

2. installed N85

3. again, cleaned cache + dalvik + fix permissions in CWM (my usual procedure, just to be on the safe side)

4. rebooted from CWM

5. via ADB:

adb start-server

adb remount

adb push libaudio.so /system/lib/

adb shell chmod 644 /system/lib/libaudio.so

adb reboot

adb kill-server

Done! :P

Edit: using libaudio.so from post #65 on http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issue...ail?id=2858#c71

Thanks. libaudio.so is already within N85 - therefore should I still need to push via ADB or would 'cleaned cache + dalvik + fix permissions in CWM' do the trick. No doubt the patch (for battery drain) will be included in the next nightly