[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest stephen m

Would the following patch '0001-blade-fix-audio-drain.patch' improve battery life. If, so which file is it copied into :D

Guest marcodassi
Thanks. libaudio.so is already within N85 - therefore should I still need to push via ADB or would 'cleaned cache + dalvik + fix permissions in CWM' do the trick. No doubt the patch (for battery drain) will be included in the next nightly

In N85 there's a buggy libaudio.so (the one that causes the battery drain), so you have to follow exactly what I've written before (first flash the N85 rom, then REPLACE the libaudio.so with ADB)

To those getting GPS reboots, please provide crash logcats and if possible dmesg output.

To get this, connect the phone to the PC, "adb shell", execute "logcat", and in another window, "adb shell", then "dmesg".

Make the phone reboot because of the GPS problem.

Copy (all!) the logs you get to pastebin and report here.

Been trying to do it, but I can't get an GPS fix next to my computer. Will keep trying :D

Guest jventura

For those who want to install a CM7 nightly without having to handle libaudio patches and other things, you can find in the following link (http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/233099/update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-signed.zip) the latest CM7 git pull compiled to Blade. It has the same things as N85 plus the gerrit merged changes as to today (Sunday, 14 UTC) [also includes the patched libaudio which has already been merged yesterday] ..

João Ventura

EDIT: md5sum: 45e403a204a05151afcbf237dc62c1f3

Edited by jventura

Guest Flumpster
About battery drain: my battery just died after... 4d 8h 4m 29s :D :D :o (with light to moderate usage)

Using N85 + libaudio patch!

Hmm you posted this at 11:16 am this morning. N85 was released on 2011-05-25 at 04:47:34. Even if you installed it the second it was released (in the middle of the night) that is only 4days 6 hours.. What am I missing here?

Edited by Flumpster

Guest Len Ash
Hmm you posted this at 11 am this morning. N85 was released on 2011-05-25 at 04:47:34. Even if you installed it the second it was released that is only 4days 6 hours.. What am I missing here?

+1

a ) incredible if true

b ) incredible if possible

I'm thinking "Bernard's Watch"?

Edited by Len Ash

Guest ColdEmbrace
+1

a ) incredible if true

b ) incredible if possible

I'm thinking "Bernard's Watch"?

Lol that was a great show :D

Although we are working on the theory that the upload is on the same time server as the forum plus there is always a chance that person compiled it theirselves from cm source before uploaded by the bot

Guest thomasboyd
I am currently using R7 rom 2.2 and am more or less happy with it

but I would like better GPS functionality and increased battery life

should I upgrade to this rom?

Reading this thread im starting to think I shouldn't touch this rom.. but probably will anyway

can anyone confirm this works with wireless headsets?

Guest Flumpster
Lol that was a great show :D

Although we are working on the theory that the upload is on the same time server as the forum plus there is always a chance that person compiled it theirselves from cm source before uploaded by the bot

Compiled it themselves but didn't include the libaudio.so and then installed that separately afterwards... hmm again :D

Guest sej7278
As we don't seem to be getting any Nightlies in the last few days can you provide a download of your rom as quoted above.

be kind to my bandwidth, last time i uploaded it was 20gb in 3 days! i'll put this up until n86 appears.

update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-signed.zip (md5sum: a4e6ebd7d61236069c39baea80ded453)

this is compiled from the latest git merges, so is newer than n85 and includes the new libaudio.so, permissions management and the statusbar brightness control (which is fecking horrid!) it also has rommanager 4.3.0.1

i've been using it for about 2 days no problems.

get this one instead: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1713791

Edited by sej7278

Guest k0zmic
OK. That's what I liked to know. I understood that someone had it working and others didn't. My issue is that the oncall screen just stays on until it times out, turns off and locks. It won't react to proximity at all. But if it's a ROM issue, then fine. I'll wait for a solution. Thanks.

Good news is that N85 doesn't have the after call battery drain -issue. I went to sleep with 80% and woke up at 70% 7 hours later with 3G data on. Nice!

I think I have the same issue as you.

When did you get your phone and what was the original ROM on it, if you know?

Guest vviskari
I think I have the same issue as you.

When did you get your phone and what was the original ROM on it, if you know?

I got mine in January. Mine was originally 2.1 Gen1 version which I quite soon flashed to Gen2. Then soon installed CM7. I am not sure if the sensor has ever worked.

Guest k0zmic
I got mine in January. Mine was originally 2.1 Gen1 version which I quite soon flashed to Gen2. Then soon installed CM7. I am not sure if the sensor has ever worked.

I got mine in March. Mine worked on 2.2 and 2.1 but not on CM7 so I'm pretty sure it's not a hardware fault.

Does this sound like your issue? http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issue...tars%20Priority

Guest cjp666
what gps app are you using though as one of them (Aura or something?) is buggy as hell. does it happen with google maps, igo, copilot or anything?

new google maps 5.5 today i downloaded and it didn't reboot, which is odd as it usually reboots when upgraded, it did for 5.4

I use Endomondo. It's rebooted a couple of times over the last couple of days, after about 45 minutes, but it can also run for a couple of hours without rebooting.

Guest k0zmic
hi

I guess wifi causes the battery drain too... i have used it for about 10min and battery has drained 15%

Did you just flash CM7 and is your battery calibrated?

Also try Green Power from the Market to turn off Wi-Fi when the screen turns off to save power.

Guest DonJamal
Did you just flash CM7 and is your battery calibrated?

Also try Green Power from the Market to turn off Wi-Fi when the screen turns off to save power.

im on n72 +fixes +libaudio patch... i guess it isnt calibrated..i just wipe battery stats when isntall...are there any program to calibrate it?

ok im gonna try

Guest k0zmic
im on n72 +fixes +libaudio patch... i guess it isnt calibrated..i just wipe battery stats when isntall...are there any program to calibrate it?

ok im gonna try

Try Battery Calibration from the Market it'll do it for you.

Guest stephen m
be kind to my bandwidth, last time i uploaded it was 20gb in 3 days! i'll put this up until n86 appears.

update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-signed.zip (md5sum: a4e6ebd7d61236069c39baea80ded453)

this is compiled from the latest git merges, so is newer than n85 and includes the new libaudio.so, permissions management and the statusbar brightness control (which is fecking horrid!) it also has rommanager 4.3.0.1

i've been using it for about 2 days no problems.

When trying to install via CWM my phone is stating an install error :D

Edited by stephen m

Guest sej7278

did you check the md5sum?

its the exact same zip as i'm using, what's the error? its gen2 only of course.

colin.bate - did it work for you okay?

Edited by sej7278

Guest Len Ash

There is an error in the update script of the "KANG" version

Replace the whole META-INF folder with this, rezip and retry

META_INF.zip

Edited by Len Ash

Guest whatcolour
did you check the md5sum?

its the exact same zip as i'm using, what's the error? its gen2 only of course.

Glad I am not alone in this, compiled one myself this morning and got a "assert_failed" message when installing (never happaned on previous builds), thought it was a bad compile then. Just tried yours with the same result... beyond me now...