[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Totyasrác

Any note on this, anyone?

Again: wifi was never ever turned on (since clean install). Today I only use 2G network and battery life is back to normal (14% in 6 hours with some calls, 2 mail syn, chat, widgets are in normal use as usual). Really can't imagine it's only my Blade (actually SanFran from the UK with OLED display and 512MB RAM) that is draining battery like hell when on 3G (coverage is excellent, my office is ~60 meters (!!!) from the 3G site as I work for a mobile company here ;))

I guess flashing the old wifi drivers won't be able to cure my issue...

Now on the battery issue - apparently it's just me with extreme short lasting battery using CM7 RC3?

With the exactly same widgets and apps installed I get ~1.5-2 days of regular use with any other ROMs, but with CM7 I keep ending up looking for a charger after ~12 hours (again: similar usage). No visible/detectable reasons (like partial wakes) but still battery's draining like hell :D :D :(

Some notes:

- Clean install (wiped everything: data, cache, Dalvik) of RC3 (but was the same with previous RCs and Nighlies).

- Never started wifi, it is definitely off.

- Friends with Desire using CM7 experience nothing like this so this issue somehow is special to the Blade I guess...

- Additonal info: on the weekend I've been to a place where no 3G coverage was present and 14 hours later I've only lost 20% of battery (similar usage as above) on Nightly 28. When on 3G battery drain is pretty bad just as described above.

Any ideas?

Guest mELIANTE
Any note on this, anyone?

Again: wifi was never ever turned on (since clean install). Today I only use 2G network and battery life is back to normal (14% in 6 hours with some calls, 2 mail syn, chat, widgets are in normal use as usual). Really can't imagine it's only my Blade (actually SanFran from the UK with OLED display and 512MB RAM) that is draining battery like hell when on 3G (coverage is excellent, my office is ~60 meters (!!!) from the 3G site as I work for a mobile company here :D)

I guess flashing the old wifi drivers won't be able to cure my issue...

Yes, I get this too. 3G is a drunk for battery :D

Guest Totyasrác
Yes, I get this too. 3G is a drunk for battery :D

But for the Desire it isn't... (With CM7 RC3 of course.)

So there must be something in the Blade specific part that keeps something running (not listed amongst running apps / partial wake / other places that I know of).

Guest mELIANTE
But for the Desire it isn't... (With CM7 RC3 of course.)

So there must be something in the Blade specific part that keeps something running (not listed amongst running apps / partial wake / other places that I know of).

I suppose its the RIL part. At least is always on top on my battery usage (dialler).

Guest legolamb
I am not sure I understand whats going on here; for me, I just swipe down (you can swipe anywhere on the screen) for the notification bar to scroll down, and click my options on the powerbar and then single tap the bottom of the pulldown for it to roll back up.

Didn't know you could do that :D

Guest Totyasrác
I suppose its the RIL part. At least is always on top on my battery usage (dialler).

And should I (we) report it or is it already an opened issue?

I've seen some serious battery drains reported for other devices just not sure if opening a new one wouldn't be upsetting the devs :D

Guest galorin

ok, what gives... I can recieve calls, but can't make any, keeps trying to use my internet calling account, but I can receive calls just fine. I am registered on the network, but unable to make calls over the cellular network. What's up with that?

EDIT: I turn off wifi, and it goes fine, turn on wifi, and no go.

Edited by galorin

Guest Roo13
N32 with the update at the bottom of post 307 at the top of this page should be what you are waiting for. Works great for my wlan and battery issues:

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/335...hread/page/306/

+1

WLAN and battery are doing their jobs like in the past before they added the new module.

[..]

I will stay with RC3 and the old module for a while.

x2 thanks for the feedbacks + 1 for Rottman who anticipated this, posts ago..! :D

Guest hecatae

the ril is a 2.1 eclair ril.

hopefully we can get access to the new libra platform which all the gen2 use, we could then upgrade all blades take advanatge of the new radio image, not such an hit on battery life and cm7 could be adjusted to suit the zte libra

Guest stephen m
+1

WLAN and battery are doing their jobs like in the past before they added the new module.

Tethering never was a problem for me: I used an app for Wifi tethering.

Only the GPS issue remains but after turning off the GPS after use it's ok for me.

Very stable and fast.

I will stay with RC3 and the old module for a while.

Which wifi tethering app do you use !

Guest stephen m
Appologies if I've missed this in the threads but is autobrightness working ok in any of the nightlies as it appears not be :D

Thoughts anyone :D

Guest Michealtbh
Thoughts anyone :D

Didnt work for me on a clean install, but it works if you just flash straight over your current nightly without wiping

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Hmmm, how's battery life treating everyone? Mine seems a bit...low.

'm on N32, and it's fine in sleep. However, just general use seems to suck on the battery a bit harder than usual. Anyone else getting this, and maybe, could it be attributed to the new wifi module, and using the oldie may help a tad?

Guest stephen m
Didnt work for me on a clean install, but it works if you just flash straight over your current nightly without wiping

Thanks - will try that with the next nightly or poss RC4 !

Guest mELIANTE

It's working for me with a fresh install. And much faster than previous iterations too.

Guest alwyn
It's working for me with a fresh install. And much faster than previous iterations too.

I had my 3G connection on, and it ate through 20% worth of battery in 1 hour of stanby mode.

Went from 100 to the phone shutting down because it didn't have enough battery in less than 10 hours, I'am on RC3 BTW.

Guest Autodrop

I'm pretty sure the forced shutdowns i've had have something to do with GPS. I didn't had any since i disabled the option to determine my location via GPS to search for weather updates in the widget i use.

Guest mELIANTE
I'm pretty sure the forced shutdowns i've had have something to do with GPS. I didn't had any since i disabled the option to determine my location via GPS to search for weather updates in the widget i use.

Congrats for not reading the thread/bug tracker :D

Guest Maringer

I don't suppose that anybody has a particularly large, wet, virtual fish which could be used to slap people who don't bother to read even a few posts of the thread around the head when they post the same old inane questions?

Sheesh.

Guest Krain

@battery life n32 after two days use:

today it dropt from 86% to 84% in 10 hours, no data, no wifi, no bluetooth enabled. No calls made, mainly in standby (got one sms, switched display on several times) - so far so good :D

Guest suriya83
I don't suppose that anybody has a particularly large, wet, virtual fish which could be used to slap people who don't bother to read even a few posts of the thread around the head when they post the same old inane questions?

Sheesh.

Best thing is to simply ignore those posts

Guest Schwinni
@battery life n32 after two days use:

today it dropt from 86% to 84% in 10 hours, no data, no wifi, no bluetooth enabled. No calls made, mainly in standby (got one sms, switched display on several times) - so far so good :D

Did you set 2G connection only?

Guest jayhix

my phone lasted 9 hours 48 mins today with no wifi on. just casual hardly any use and only one 10 min phonecall, bit rubbish didnt get much less performance leaving wifi on, im not sure wifi is the issue.

android system has 27% of usage, followed by dialler at 24%, then android os 17%.

Guest targetbsp

Have you tried checking for partial wakes in spare parts?

I just got 4 days out of it and was still on 30% when I just put it on charge. 2 days on Nightly 31, a day on RC3 with tasker killing wifi and a day on RC3 with the wifi patch. No calls, a few texts and some light app usage (mostly trialling a few games and market updates of existing apps)