[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest sej7278
There is an error in the update script of the "KANG" version

Replace the whole META-INF folder with this, rezip and retry

what's that about then? ok, i'm yanking the download for now. wonder how/why it worked for me....?

Edited by sej7278

Guest colin.bate

SEJ7278 I am getting error same as "steven m" md5 ok downloaded twice still getting error

Assert failed: write_raw_image("tmp/boot.img".boot")

E:error in /sdcard/update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-signed.zip

(status 7)

Installation aborted

Guest stephen m

It's stating file is corrupt :D

Guest marcodassi
Hmm you posted this at 11:16 am this morning. N85 was released on 2011-05-25 at 04:47:34. Even if you installed it the second it was released (in the middle of the night) that is only 4days 6 hours.. What am I missing here?

Well, in the last weeks I woke up really early (got some work to do), like 3 - 4 AM, and one of the first things I've checked was the availability of a new nightly (call it "morning fix" :D ) - so I guess I've installed it minutes after it was released, that's right... BTW, I've not checked the time / timezone / position of Earth in the universe / etc.

The battery duration I wrote was the one that was displayed in "Applications / Battery" usage just minutes before the phone shuts itself off... dunno if that number is wrong... it's not my fault anyway! (bad timers in android???)

The last thing: Surely I've done a battery recalibration, as I usually do when the phone is 100% charged and the new nightly is just installed! (with the phone still connected on the charger)

EDIT: typo

Edited by marcodassi

Works like a charm. Thanks for this. Also thanks to sej7278 and jventura for providing the new ROMs.

Edited by bhf

Guest sej7278
Works like a charm. Thanks for this. Also thanks to sej7278 for providing the new ROM.

i'd like to know what's gone wrong with META-INF, i can't find anything obvious in git logs, feeling a bit embarrassed i've uploaded a broken build, which it seems can't be the one i installed myself!

oddly enough the emulator build i did today works fine.

Edited by sej7278

Guest tomasvilda
i'd like to know what's gone wrong with META-INF, i can't find anything obvious in git logs, feeling a bit embarrassed i've uploaded a broken build, which it seems can't be the one i installed myself!

oddly enough the emulator build i did today works fine.

the same error I get while trying install my compiled version.

Guest Maeil

I got the "KANG" -version installed with the fixed META-INF files, but odly my home button is not working at all. It does work in the recovery and in the earlier rom just fine. Saunalahti Blade sold with 2.1 (gen1), converted to gen2, no former problems related to hard keys or hardware.

Guest Len Ash
I got the "KANG" -version installed with the fixed META-INF files, but odly my home button is not working at all. It does work in the recovery and in the earlier rom just fine. Saunalahti Blade sold with 2.1 (gen1), converted to gen2, no former problems related to hard keys or hardware.

Nothing to do with the assert issue...

Perhaps you didn't wipe/format everything completely?

Dalvik Cache MUST be wiped too...

Interestingly, Twitter App cannot be seen in the Market.... odd. Will delve.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest sej7278

seems someone has come to the same conclusion as me, one of koush's 26th commits broke flashing: github

i've reverted to the whoops commit and have rebuilt and flashed successfully.

the update-binary is now exactly the same as the one in lanceh's META_INF.zip

update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-signed.zip (md5sum: 2cd42aa53de81796a77b316f4f5c8c45)

Edit: tomasvilda's build on the next page is newer, so yanked my one to save bandwidth.

Edited by sej7278

Guest Len Ash
seems someone has come to the same conclusion as me, one of koush's 26th commits broke flashing: github

i've reverted to the whoops commit and have rebuilt and flashed successfully.

the update-binary is now exactly the same as the one in lanceh's zip

update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-signed.zip (md5sum: 2cd42aa53de81796a77b316f4f5c8c45)

give it 30mins to upload, should be about 10:30pm gmt (although this message is dated as about 9pm?)

Nice to find a reason. Regression worked.

I'm still puzzled as to what's preventing the Twitter app from installing: via the ROM, via adb, via the Market (not shown). Any ideas, I'm knackered now... need sleep.

Guest sej7278
Nice to find a reason. Regression worked.

I'm still puzzled as to what's preventing the Twitter app from installing: via the ROM, via adb, via the Market (not shown). Any ideas, I'm knackered now... need sleep.

ryan giggs got to google? have you tried marketenabler in case your carrier is blocking or something?

Guest Len Ash
ryan giggs got to google? have you tried marketenabler in case your carrier is blocking or something?

It's via WiFi - only happens (seems to!) on this ROM. I had a similarly app bastardised N84 (only the libaudio replaced) and it was fine.

Maps won't install via the ROM (with the Permissions update, and the xml and jar files of course), but is fine from the Market. Everything else I add to the ROM is just fine.

I'll sleep on it.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest sej7278
It's via WiFi - only happens (seems to!) on this ROM. I had a similarly app bastardised N84 (only the libaudio replaced) and it was fine.

Maps won't install via the ROM (with the Permissions update, and the xml and jar files of course), but is fine from the Market. Everything else I add to the ROM is just fine.

I'll sleep on it.

you're trying to shonk extra apk's into the rom zip are you?

could it be a space issue in /system ?

i'm off to finish watching this film i started before the bad build, then bed too.

Guest Len Ash
you're trying to shonk extra apk's into the rom zip are you?

could it be a space issue in /system ?

i'm off to finish watching this film i started before the bad build, then bed too.

I use a larger partition for system and cache, so...

I deleted the dormant apk from /system using adb and rebooted. Nowt.

Tomorrow

Guest shadowninty

Latest maps is working done for me in /System (patched in with custom GApps.zip for my needs) on N85...

Is this CM 7.1.0 brand new? May DL before I shift to neighbors wifi.

Guest sej7278
Latest maps is working done for me in /System (patched in with custom GApps.zip for my needs) on N85...

Is this CM 7.1.0 brand new? May DL before I shift to neighbors wifi.

yes i just recompiled it after reverting the broken recovery scripts (so doesn't need meta_inf.zip)

newer than n85, has libaudio.so merged, statusbar brightness, permissions mangement etc.

Edited by sej7278

Guest Jetba

Excuse me for asking, but is there something wrong in cm7, Because we haven't got a new nighly?

And what is v8? i checked the link, but i didn't find out what is it. Armv8? Kernel?

Edited by Jetba

Guest sej7278
Excuse me for asking, but is there something wrong in cm7, Because we haven't got a new nighly?

i'm assuming the cm7 devs are having the same problem we had with the broken recovery.