[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest KACE_231
seems someone has come to the same conclusion as me, one of koush's 26th commits broke flashing: github

i've reverted to the whoops commit and have rebuilt and flashed successfully.

the update-binary is now exactly the same as the one in lanceh's META_INF.zip

update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-signed.zip (md5sum: 2cd42aa53de81796a77b316f4f5c8c45)

Does this have all the latest updates posted on the "updates" section on the first post of the thread?

Guest shadowninty
yes i just recompiled it after reverting the broken recovery scripts (so doesn't need meta_inf.zip)

newer than n85, has libaudio.so merged, statusbar brightness, permissions mangement etc.

Thank you sej, great work :D

Guest tomasvilda

On twitter

CM_arcee RC by HCDRJacob

There's no magic upcoming release. The buildbot server just had a hard-drive meltdown and is being reinstalled. #CM #ConspiracyTheories

Guest _amano

http://r.cyanogenmod.com/#change,5791

Hmm. Can this be the magic patch that might fix the last Blade issue (screen not coming back during/after a long phonecall)?

EDIT: Forget it. According to Grain this patch is just a cosmetic thing.

Change 5791 is mostly cosmetic. It will not fix problems with the proximity sensor. These problems are known and will be fixed soon.
Edited by _amano

Guest _amano

http://r.cyanogenmod.com/#change,5759

Guess what: The si4709 chip is the one that is actually built into our blades (though hidden behind a si4708 driver in the stock kernel). Is this the patch that might make the return of the FM radio possible/feasible?

So many questions... :D

Edited by _amano

Guest sej7278
Does this have all the latest updates posted on the "updates" section on the first post of the thread?

jees, you don't want much! :D

i think it has up to: Set has_rgb_notification_led to false for SGS phones (android_vendor_cyanogen)

but most importantly it definitely has: blade: new MSM VoIP audio routing workaround, fixes audio drain (android_device_zte_blade)

there's definitely none of the v8 stuff (not that that effects us v6'ers) and there is the brightness statusbar etc.

i might rebuild in the morning if there's still no nightly86 and if any interesting bits get merged - like fm radio!

Edited by sej7278

Guest _amano

Well. There won't be working FM radio. The drivers are still missing from the kernel. But it might be the main step for a shared/common framework that the Blade developers could build on. But I might be completely wrong as well and it doesn't mean anything at all.

My guess: If Tom_G added the ZTE FM stuff plus Andorko's changes to the CM7 blade-kernel and added this new patch to the Cm7 framework, radio should work in theory. Perhaps Andorko would have to adapt his software player to the new framework.

Edited by _amano

Guest Grain
there's definitely none of the v8 stuff (not that that effects us v6'ers) and there is the brightness statusbar etc.

As has been said already, V8 is Google's JavaScript engine used in the Android web browser. This has nothing to do with ARM chip support. The "v8 stuff" will speed up JavaScript in the web browser.

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Well, I've been on n'85 a while - and next update will be a big'un considering they haven't been able to release it as they do it atm :D

Guest jventura
http://r.cyanogenmod.com/#change,5791

Hmm. Can this be the magic patch that might fix the last Blade issue (screen not coming back during/after a long phonecall)?

It doesn't seem to be that! And it is only a change of a default from False to True, not a code patch.

Here is the source code comment above that option:

If true, enable the onscreen touch UI for regular "ongoing call" states of the in-call UI.

In general, the touch UI is used for regular calls only ondevices with a proximity sensor. (On other devices, we can't have touchable UI onscreen during a call because of the risk of false cheek touches.)

TODO: maybe this can be determined algorithmically based on specific properties of the device, perhaps by detecting the presence of a proximity sensor and/or hard SEND/END keys. so, we wouldn't need this flag at all.)

It seems something like enabling the devices without proximity sensor to be able to receive input from the user in the screen... But I really don't know!

Edited by jventura

Guest Grain

Change 5791 is mostly cosmetic. It will not fix problems with the proximity sensor. These problems are known and will be fixed soon.

Guest pressplay99

i always tried to locate the problem of battery draining, but know i kinda know what another problem might be: Facebook (APP)

the app is constantly waking the mobile phone from stand by and doing stuff in background which is eating battery like hell.

is it just me or does the problem occur to you as well??

Build with last merge "Latest V8 in Gingerbread"

Thank you. Installed flawlessly. But the benefit of V8 has to be determined. :D

Oh, btw the latest OI-Filemanager update fails due to signing error. That is a problem of CM7 in general, not of this particular ROM.

Guest tomasvilda
installed a self build earlier, nice to see | in the operator logo fixed

Yes this small issue annoyed me and it's nice they fixed it.

Guest Benoe
To those getting GPS reboots, please provide crash logcats and if possible dmesg output.

To get this, connect the phone to the PC, "adb shell", execute "logcat", and in another window, "adb shell", then "dmesg".

Make the phone reboot because of the GPS problem.

Copy (all!) the logs you get to pastebin and report here.

I just had a reboot after enabling gps, and starting MyTracks application.

I attached the logcat output.

Unfortunately I have no dmesg output from this reboot

I'm using N85 with fixed libaudio.so

gpscrash.txt

Edited by Benoe

Guest super san francisco

I installed the RC4 today and was very comfortable with it, it has all the good stuff about CM. launcher pro gave everything the right smoothness and now my phone is ready to use :D

however there is an issue that bothers my a little. i searched the thread for it but nothing usable came about so i ask publicly:

does anyone besides me have the issue, that pinch to zoom is not working in the gallery? i tried wiping data of the gallery app. i wiped dalvik.

i worked in the beginning, but becoming a black screen when zooming in "too far". then, after my trails of getting rid of it, the function completely disappeared...

same business as usual: the proximity works just once, then, when lifting the phone off my ear, it stays on all the time... but i knew about that before...

Edited by super san francisco