[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest jventura
Change 5791 is mostly cosmetic. It will not fix problems with the proximity sensor. These problems are known and will be fixed soon.

Are you working on it, or you know anyone is working on it? I'm going around the source code to track that, but if someone is already patching it, it would be great because i'm still trying to understand the code flow, and have somewhat limited time..

Guest frenchdroid

Hi everyone - I going to be cheeky and ask a question because I stopped reading the thread about 4 days ago and come back and see no new nightlies but lots of in-house fixes and Green CM7 stuff going on.

I just wanted to know my best route to updating my CM7 - I was on nightly 60 something. I have never had any problems with CM7 (based on how I use the phone) EXCEPT that I was really waiting for the accelerometer bug to be fixed. I saw that when they issued the nightly with that fix, that new problems were introduced, which I think you have all been solving ad-hoc (?).

I'm handing my Blade to my daughter and want to give it to her with the latest CM7 with acceloremeter working - what is the best route to doing this please ? Or perhaps I just wait for the next nightly or stable with the acceloremeter fixed and nothing else too wonky ??

Guest sej7278
Hi everyone - I going to be cheeky and ask a question because I stopped reading the thread about 4 days ago and come back and see no new nightlies but lots of in-house fixes and Green CM7 stuff going on.

I just wanted to know my best route to updating my CM7 - I was on nightly 60 something. I have never had any problems with CM7 (based on how I use the phone) EXCEPT that I was really waiting for the accelerometer bug to be fixed. I saw that when they issued the nightly with that fix, that new problems were introduced, which I think you have all been solving ad-hoc (?).

I'm handing my Blade to my daughter and want to give it to her with the latest CM7 with acceloremeter working - what is the best route to doing this please ? Or perhaps I just wait for the next nightly or stable with the acceloremeter fixed and nothing else too wonky ??

well accelerometer is not fixed even in our post-n85 builds, so its unlikely to be in n86 either. edit: sorry meant proximity, accel was fixed ages ago.

i'd personally go with tomasvilda's self-build (its newer than mine with the v8 stuff) as it has newer features than the green-n72fixed builds and i certainly wouldn't stick with n60.

waiting for an accelerometer fix depends what your deadline is to give it to your daughter. you could flash a new nightly with the fix in at a later date without wiping her data anyway.

i know all the discussion about patches is confusing, but to me i think n86 will be golden (except accelerometer) as it will have all the fixes built-in with no patching to do.

Edited by sej7278

Guest wbaw
well accelerometer is not fixed even in our post-n85 builds, so its unlikely to be in n86 either.

i'd personally go with tomasvilda's self-build (its newer than mine with the v8 stuff) as it has newer features than the green-n72fixed builds and i certainly wouldn't stick with n60.

waiting for an accelerometer fix depends what your deadline is to give it to your daughter. you could flash a new nightly with the fix in at a later date without wiping her data anyway.

i know all the discussion about patches is confusing, but to me i think n86 will be golden (except accelerometer) as it will have all the fixes built-in with no patching to do.

accelerometer was fixed before nightly 85 :D

works fine for me & has done since it was fixed a while ago.

Guest sej7278
accelerometer was fixed before nightly 85 :D

works fine for me & has done since it was fixed a while ago.

sorry i was thinking about proximity, jees i didn't realise people were still going on about accelerometer!

yes so either of the n85+ self-builds (and n72fixed?) will fix everything but proximity :D

Guest Grain
Are you working on it, or you know anyone is working on it? I'm going around the source code to track that

No need to do that probably. Tom_G said on IRC he has a fix. The problem seems to be that light and proximity sensor cannot be enabled at the same time, and proximity did not have priority for all cases.

@Benoe, thanks for the log! Unfortunately there's not much to be seen there. Let's see if other logs provide more insight.

Guest Mushroom_Lord

I feel so sorry for these dev's - I mean: look at the issue tracker... there are about 3k of "bugs" - the majority random stuff that is completely irrelevant to Cyanogen mod.

I posted a "suggestion" that there should be an option to media playback should be controllable via volume keys even when screen is on! :D

Might help if you are doing something else and want to change track!

It just sucks knowing it probably wont get seen :D

Guest Decadence
can't seem to get the brightness on statusbar swipe thing going.. lol am i doing it right?

yeah, I cant get it to work either.

Guest colin.bate
yeah, I cant get it to work either.

First switch it on Settings>CyanogenMods>Interface>Status bar tweeks>Statusbar Brightness Control

Then Hold finger on status bar till scroll bar appears then move finger back or forwards.

Still not very responsive though.

Regards

Colin Bate

Guest sej7278
First switch it on Settings>CyanogenMods>Interface>Status bar tweeks>Statusbar Brightness Control

Then Hold finger on status bar till scroll bar appears then move finger back or forwards.

Still not very responsive though.

yes it is pretty naff, most of the time i end up either switching homescreens or pulling down the notification bar, and it doesn't seem to be progressive - it seems to just go to full brightness or the semi-brightness you get with auto-brightness enabled, it certainly doesn't seem to got very dark.

i don't really even see the point of auto-brightness, just stick it on full brightness with the screen set to go off after a minute inactivity. i seem to get all sorts of problems with auto-brightness not kicking in when i'm trying to answer the phone on a lockscreen in sunshine etc; plus the proximity issue isn't so bad with auto-brightness off on certain builds apparently.

Edited by sej7278

Guest shadowninty
Fixed that link for you, also was this ever really a big issue, most of us just bought a 16gb sandisk from play.com for 15 quid or so (there's a thread here somewhere). is a chinese 8gb going to be much cheaper?
That's a good point but I can't buy from Play or Amazon :o and not gonna pay €60 for a 16GB C4 in a shop :D

Its not the CM guys fault at all, but it would be nice to fix if possible :D

Guest frenchdroid
well accelerometer is not fixed even in our post-n85 builds, so its unlikely to be in n86 either. edit: sorry meant proximity, accel was fixed ages ago.

OK - thanks for the heads-up. Probably going to wait for N86 like you say - fingers crossed.

A big THANK YOU to sej7278 and all of you guys who keep on working on improving CM7's builds! :o

I was already quite satisfied with my patched N85 but I have been trying sej's build (released on 29th) and it solved the last issue I had: battery life!

Obviously wifi and 3G are still drainers, but the rom seems waaaaaaay lighter on battery than the "standard" N85!!!

Thank you so much and keep up the good work :D

Mmmm incidentally I just tried the brightness bar and it's not very useable for the moment: I guess I will stick to auto-brightness with custom values in the CM brightness settings... :D

Edited by Guest

Guest Simono

I still on N84 patched and after night got information from ROM Manager that is new nigtly N85. For about 2 days I don't have this information, thats sounds like guys working on it.

Guest Psyloid
i'd personally go with tomasvilda's self-build (its newer than mine with the v8 stuff) as it has newer features than the green-n72fixed builds and i certainly wouldn't stick with n60

green is now built on N85 :D

Guest The Soup Thief
I prefer to wait for official nigtly.

I have to say, I really agree. The release of all these alternate builds (while it's really commendable that so many people are getting into development) offers all kinds of problems in terms of fragmentation when the buildbot cranks back into action unless people wipe the whole lot and undo all the hard work of these folk

I don't mean to piss on anyone's chips and this is just my opinion, but there it is. I said it...

Guest jventura
I have to say, I really agree. The release of all these alternate builds (while it's really commendable that so many people are getting into development) offers all kinds of problems in terms of fragmentation when the buildbot cranks back into action unless people wipe the whole lot and undo all the hard work of these folk

I don't mean to piss on anyone's chips and this is just my opinion, but there it is. I said it...

I've also submitted a nightly compiled by me, and my idea was just that: for people to use it, and when an official nightly is out, wipe and install new official nightly if they want it.. My version was just the lattest CM7 git version compiled and uploaded, so no great work at all.

I believe Psyloid and Sej are just giving the oportunity for those who don't know how to compile to have the latest libaudio patch and other patches until the bot starts the nightly compilations again. So, if you want latest CM7 and that better battery life patch, install one of these "nightly straight-out-of-the-git(source_code)-repository compilations" for now and enjoy.. :D

Guest sej7278

i only provided a couple of builds as we don't have an official build with the libaudio.so battery drain patch in it which i consider to be a massive bug that overrides anything else; as i was compiling for myself i thought i'd share.

once the buildbot's disk is fixed and n86 is out i doubt we'll need any more self-builds. i agree they're all getting a bit confusing, but any of them will fix libaudio.so bug as they're all past n85 now.

another good thing about the self-builds is that we spotted that part of the clockworkmod recovery (upgrade-binary) was broken and its now fixed thanks to our reports. without that n86 would be further delayed by 2-3 days. this is the beauty of an open system like android.

Edited by sej7278