[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest m_w_b
I allways forgot to write there is small problem with BT. I use N84+libaudio.so and my BT car don't connect to phone if I not to tap on phone to connect (sometimes it self connect but rarely not).

My BT only connects if the screen is on and/or unlocked (doesn't usually stay on long enough if it's not unlocked). Once connected, it stays connected whatever the screen state. Has done for a while now (pre-Gen2?), but not had the time to investigate...

Guest juniperz
My BT only connects if the screen is on and/or unlocked (doesn't usually stay on long enough if it's not unlocked). Once connected, it stays connected whatever the screen state. Has done for a while now (pre-Gen2?), but not had the time to investigate...

I haven't quite taken the CM7 plunge yet but I hope it doesn't break bluetooth on my GEN1 OLED. With the MCR 2.2 ROM, my phone seemlessly connects to my car regardless of the state of the screen. That would be a showstopper for me.

Guest Celtic67
Install the full version. It has uk dictionary.

Thanks for that, it wasn't included when I started the beta so I went for English/Spanish. Uninstalling & reinstalling has also fixed my problem with having to enable Swype again after a restart.

Guest tomasvilda
im confused now 2 builds burstlam and the other

are they the same?

don't you see that these "2 builds" are mirrors?

do you think we should ban people who can't read more than one page back in the thread? :D

Nah, overkill. But I am a strong believer in corporal punishment. :D

Guest sej7278
Nah, overkill. But I am a strong believer in corporal punishment. :D

Poor Corporal !

Anyway, has anyone tried the new wifi module, the thread that goes with it seems to be 50:50 it either works better or doesn't work at all lol!

currently trying my own build with just the new camera/sensors libs, not the wifi fix, i'm not putting it online though as its too confusing.

Guest Len Ash
Poor Corporal !

Anyway, has anyone tried the new wifi module, the thread that goes with it seems to be 50:50 it either works better or doesn't work at all lol!

currently trying my own build with just the new camera/sensors libs, not the wifi fix, i'm not putting it online though as its too confusing.

Stick it on - I get it. It will save me building later.... :D

I did. I can state, that this wi-fi update is a huge improvement for me. Since I used this update just one reconnect failed. Before this update I was lucky when one in ten reconnects worked. Maybe it needs a little fine tuning in the build prop regarding the scan intervall. Up to now, I am perfectly happy with burstlams self build with the incorporated patches. For me, this is the perfect CyanogenMod Release. I don't recall any missing functionality or severe bugs that avoids the label 'stable'.

Edited by bhf

Guest sej7278
I did. I can state, that this wi-fi update is a huge improvement for me. Since I used this update just one reconnect failed. Before this update I was lucky when one in ten reconnects worked. Maybe it needs a little fine tuning in the build prop regarding the scan intervall. Up to now, I am perfectly happy with burstlams self build with the incorporated patches. For me, this is the perfect CyanogenMod Release. I don't recall any missing functionality or severe bugs that avoids the label 'stable'.

interesting. i've never really been able to reproduce the wifi reconnect problem. what are the steps - do you have to wait a few minutes for the phone to totally sleep, or is it just screenblank? does the new driver increase the range at all, as that's my only gripe.

i've just tried the new sensor libs and proximity definitely seems fixed - slight head movements make the screen go on, but then off again when it realises its still close to your head.

the camera contrast seems to be an improvement, although oddly the finished jpeg seems darker than the image was in the viewfinder.

Guest targetbsp

The only person it didn't work at all for was using FLB. Everyone else seems to have been fine. One of the other people saying it didn't work, I'm pretty sure meant it didn't fix the reconnecting problem for him.

The consensus as I read it for Cusers is it makes things better (but not perfect) or no different. So far, I've not seen any indication that there is anything to lose by using it.

Edited by targetbsp

interesting. i've never really been able to reproduce the wifi reconnect problem. what are the steps - do you have to wait a few minutes for the phone to totally sleep, or is it just screenblank? does the new driver increase the range at all, as that's my only gripe.

Lucky you. Wi-Fi reconnection was a problem for me with all ROMs except JJ R9. The steps are quite straight forward. Connect to wifi, set the phone aside for a couple of minutes, then turn on the screen and wait what happens. Without the wi-fi update mostly nothing happens at all, the wi-fi icon never came up on notification bar. I had to toggle wifi via energy widget. Then connection to my wi-fi worked almost instantly. Till the next standby period of the phone. A viscious circle and very annoying.

Range increase and better reception of wi-fi signal: no, unfortunately not, at least not that I'm aware of. IIRC that wasn't even advertised by wbaw.

Edited by bhf

Guest sab2000

Hi Friends

I am new to this topic. Recently bought a ZTE V9 and tried to flash CyanogenMod 7. Everything went fine but seems i did something wrong with the calibration. Now my key press are not registered properly and cant click any of the buttons or icons. Is there anyway i can revert the calibration back? Where is the calibration data stored? Anyway to delete it (sorry for the dump question, new to this). :D

I tried to remove battery (cant shutdown as well because of this issue) and tried to press volume key to bring it in FTM mode but without luck.

just wondering you guys have any solution for this. it will be very helpful and thanks a lot for your kind advice. .....

Sab

Guest burstlam
Quickly tested, proximity sensor working perfectly with or without auto-brightness as expected. :-)

Thanks for this one.

EDIT: just noticed that the wifi disconnected himself with sleep policy set to never, due to the new driver I presume ?

This driver will disconnect when screen goes off (even u choose never with sleep policy) but behave much better in reconnection and provide quality connection.

Actually I choose advanced wifi locker free version as a backup plan for keeping the connection alive.

Guest tomasvilda
just installed the update, camera seems to be the same. How to activate VGA mode in camcorder?

Camera is not the same, default contrast now is 2, Camera records 640x480 mp4 when set high quality. There is just one small problem left that exposure settings are not saved after camera restart.

Edited by tomasvilda

Guest Vasily Mulukov
Camera is not the same, default contrast now is 2, Camera records 640x480 mp4 when set high quality. There is just one small problem left that exposure settings are not saved after camera restart.

indeed!

thanks

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Really happy with burstlam own build of n9x with proximity sensor fixed. Anyway, the new wifi driver doesn't work properly for me. I've set the sleep policy to never but it disconnected himself after a short period.

I haven't this problem with n72. So can I replace the old n72 wifi driver ? If yes how can I do that properly, there's two news files on the new wifi driver. Maybe someone else have build a n9x without the new wifi driver ?

Thanks.

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Guest targetbsp
Really happy with burstlam own build of n9x with proximity sensor fixed. Anyway, the new wifi driver doesn't work properly for me. I've set the sleep policy to never but it disconnected himself after a short period.

I haven't this problem with n72. So can I replace the old n72 wifi driver ? If yes how can I do that properly, there's two news files on the new wifi driver. Maybe someone else have build a n9x without the new wifi driver ?

Thanks.

This post confuses me. The blade can't hold a wifi connection in sleep mode - even with the policy set that way.

Guest targetbsp

There's always been hiss for me on the blade from the headphones on any rom, including stock.

Someone has just pointed out to me on another forum (and they're right!) that the supplied headphones are fine. It's the use of third party ones that add hiss. Odd that. I need to find some headphones this phone likes now. :D

Edited by targetbsp

Guest saturnreturn

Hi, managed to get a logcat while GPS reboot happened. Have attached the section towards the end as it was quite a big file otherwise. Does it help?

gpsrebootexcerpt.txt

Edited by saturnreturn