[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest droidvirgin
well it turned out i had to setup some lease time on dhcp

so everything is safe and sound now, thanks to wbaw and t0mm13b

I have been having problems with my wifi not staying connected long enough to be of use, can you explain the lease time on dhcp and how to set this up please.

Guest MidaMilunk
Works for me thanks. Tried everything to crash it but no way.

Which ROM was the base? Latest N88? I currently use a hungarian mod made from github shource at 20110602. It does not crash on GPS, but no one knows why! The libs are not the ones as in kallt_kaffe's version.

There are voices saying this and that on N88, I was never so satisfied with a CM7 as now, so I do not really want to change till all says it is OK!

Guest Len Ash
proximity sensor in call is not working for me with n88

someone else?

Same here

+ WiFi poor, GPS and random reboots, poor camera and so on.

Not a good build, could not recommend. Better stick to earlier KANGs

Guest KACE_231
Same here

Lots of people seem to be having issues with n88, so I compiled one myself, tested and GPS works (after first reboot), proximity works spectacularly, WiFi was never really an issue for me so I cant comment.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YFB9M18S

Md5: 3F6BD8099AB5B7467C371CD044086452

Feel free to try,

Edited by KACE_231

Guest MidaMilunk
i have a Lutea too and imho at least some of these GPS reboot issues are related to overclocking

because i can run everything on a specific clock (710-729mhz) without problems but when i activate GPS for my navi app (using CoPilot) it reboots (it won't on <=692mhz)

I experienced reboots on all max CPU freq. settings from 604 to 710. The current ROM (and any other than recent (?) CM7s) do not reboot using the GPS. Reboots looks completely stochastic for me, I tried to test against many, like CPU setting (max freq and governor), but if a ROM reboots, it reboots with any settings I have tested.

The current pre-N88 build does not reboot for me eighter, as for some other one(s?). I have also compared it with the gps-fix, but it it apparently not patched with this one! I can hardly believe, if it is hardware related, since with most of the ROMs it is completely unknown. Since the nature is quite random, I guess it is just unnoticeable for those who do not use GPS frequently.

Guest MidaMilunk
Lots of people seem to be having issues with n88, so I compiled one myself, tested and GPS works (after first reboot), proximity works spectacularly, WiFi was never really an issue for me so I cant comment.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YFB9M18S

Md5: 3F6BD8099AB5B7467C371CD044086452

Feel free to try,

Is it with the original GPS libs, or with kallt_kaffe's one?

What does it mean that "GPS works (after first reboot)"? Has it been been working since first time you had booted the system, or it was rebooted when u used GPS for the first time - but not later until now?

Guest ColdEmbrace
Same here

No proximity issues, WiFi was never really a problem thats what Blade WiFi fix solved for me, I don't use GPS so I can't comment, never rebooted and the camera is adequate for what I expect

No proximity issues, WiFi was never really a problem thats what Blade WiFi fix solved for me, I don't use GPS so I can't comment, never rebooted and the camera is adequate for what I expect

Same here.

Proximity works flawlessly. I just finished a 10 min call, I tested proximity sensor several times, it always worked instantly. Wi-Fi is simply great. Every single reconnect worked about 12 seconds after wake. GPS is completely fine with kallt_kaffee's patch.

Truly, this is by far the most advanced release of CyanogenMod so far for the Blade.

Guest KACE_231
Is it with the original GPS libs, or with kallt_kaffe's one?

What does it mean that "GPS works (after first reboot)"? Has it been been working since first time you had booted the system, or it was rebooted when u used GPS for the first time - but not later until now?

After installing ROM, using the GPS for the first time causes a reboot, but after this, and use of the GPS does not trigger a reboot. And no it doest contain kk's GPS fix, but you can easily flash it over if need be: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=72007

I presumed that the n88 built by bot was not done properly causing issues to arise, so thats why I compiled my own

Edited by KACE_231

Guest Xenon0816
Same here.

Proximity works flawlessly. I just finished a 10 min call, I tested proximity sensor several times, it always worked instantly. Wi-Fi is simply great. Every single reconnect worked about 12 seconds after wake. GPS is completely fine with kallt_kaffee's patch.

Truly, this is by far the most advanced release of CyanogenMod so far for the Blade.

Which build are you talking about? Do you mean KACE_231s build or to the official N88?

Guest LorianNod

kalt_kaffee's GPS fix has stopped the reboot happening after using the GPS for the first time for me, on the offical n88.

Guest mobile579

Can anyone help with?

1. The screen does not lock? I have a pattern lock setup the screen dims but never locks? This means I am having to remember to press the power button to lock? Not had issues with any previous roms so I am assuming apps are okay and if I look in Partial Wake usage there is nothing listed that looks wrong.

2. After some calls (not all) a message of Do You Want To Blacklist "phonenumber" appears? How do you stop this appearing and how do you see what is in the blacklist?

TIA

Guest ThrashMan
2. After some calls (not all) a message of Do You Want To Blacklist "phonenumber" appears? How do you stop this appearing and how do you see what is in the blacklist?

Explore the menus! How can people use this advanced ROM and not explore all of its features!?

Guest mobile579
>Blacklist

Explore the menus! How can people use this advanced ROM and not explore all of its features!?

My mistake was looking in CM Setting the Blacklist is in Call Settings can only find the Blacklist however - can you please tell me where the on/off is?

Thanks

Guest Len Ash
N92 is out!

Nothing blade related, no obvious core amends either.

Did own build an hour ago and confirm all the same.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest skull_fcuk
My mistake was looking in CM Setting the Blacklist is in Call Settings can only find the Blacklist however - can you please tell me where the on/off is?

Thanks

\I found this a problem myself, until i realised it was due to the changed in call UI. If you hang up using the 'Broken Handset' icon, you are in fact 'Blacklisting' the number. You have to change in call UI settings to the opposite of what they are, and then the offending button will no longer appear.

Guest supermies123

Status Bar Brightness not working for me. I enabled it and disabled AutoBrightness. I'm on N88.

Is anyone else experiencing problems with Status Bar Brightness?

Guest ColdEmbrace
Status Bar Brightness not working for me. I enabled it and disabled AutoBrightness. I'm on N88.

Is anyone else experiencing problems with Status Bar Brightness?

It works just awkward too press the bar right, i only managed to work it once

Edit: Can someone guide me step by step how to get AutoBrightness settings working. Because I cant for the life of me get it too work no matter that I set.

Edited by ColdEmbrace

Guest ladiko

I also need several tries to get the statusbar brightness control to work. when i tried it the first times, it doesnt work, but now, several hours later, i tried it again and get it working. my mistake was, that i release my finger too early from the display:

Settings:

Switch off AutoBrightness: Settings > Display > Brightness > Untick "AutoBrightness"

Enable Statusbar brightness control: Settings > CanogenMod > Interface > Statusbar > Tick "Statusbar brightness control"

* touch the statusbar in the middle and leave your finger on the screen after it pops out

* move the finger not too fast to the left or right side and dont release for one or two second

* now the brightness should change and you can adjust the brightness a little bit more or just release the finger

Edited by ladiko

Guest supermies123
I also need several tries to get the statusbar brightness control to work. when i tried it the first times, it doesnt work, but now, several hours later, i tried it again and get it working. my mistake was, that i release my finger too early from the display:

* touch the statusbar in the middle and leave your finger on the screen after it pops out

* move the finger to the left or right side and dont release for at least one second

* now the brightness should change and you can adjust the brightness a little bit more or just release the finger

Now i get it, thanks for the advice!

But i think that Status Bar Brightness control needs some fixing, it's not that handy imo..