[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest blauwal26

20h in standby (2g, no data) and it's down to 98 %. Either my battery stats are screwed or N88 offers great battery life.

Guest Grain
20h in standby (2g, no data) and it's down to 98 %. Either my battery stats are screwed or N88 offers great battery life.

Please name one battery powered device that offers completely reliable battery statistics. :D

The Blade often gets stuck at 100% for a long time. It'll go down if you actually use the phone. Expect about 1% drop per hour on average in idle and with data turned off.

Guest Xenon0816
I said barely. :D it works but its less sensitive than I expect it to be and therefore 'doesn't work' because I use too light a touch. I have 2 blades that behave the same. TFT and OLED.

I assume this: http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=2903 ? If you move your finger from the right or bottom of the screen, from off the edge onto it, it doesn't register as a touch. Makes closing the notification bar and using the p on the keyboard harder than it should be. :D

Is the kernel update already merged? I can't find it in the changelog...

Guest crblues
It still makes terrible coffee, but otherwise, I'd pretty much agree - excellent work HCDRJacob and Tom_G

All hail the high priests of CyanogenMod on the Blade!

Now, about that IceCreamSandwich...

LLOOOLL

Sudo make me Coffee?

lol

http://xkcd.com/149/

lol

Guest cartoone

Guys, not sure if this is a slightly offtopic thing..

But Can anyone make a tool/suite so as to make the updates applied rather than updating the whole ROM everytime?

Though i really hated Apple iTunes , but that kind of suite is much helpful for upgrades and consistency

Guest leetron1

Regards issues...nobody talks about the issues related to speakerphone on the humble blade: whistling etc which makes a very useful aspect of this (or any) handset nearly useless..

Any thoughts..don't think the speakerphone has worked worth a damn in any ROM, 2.1 thru 2.3?

Can the more capable out there say if this is a software failing and hence potentially fixable or deficient hardware?

Thanks all...got to say love my SF with CM7..many thanks to Jacob & Tom.

Edited by leetron1

Guest Pondlife
The touchscreen barely works if you're not holding the phone. Like that since stock. That's the phone rather than the rom. I dunno why - doesn't make sense for a capacitive screen.

Seems to work fine here

Guest Pondlife
Guys, not sure if this is a slightly offtopic thing..

But Can anyone make a tool/suite so as to make the updates applied rather than updating the whole ROM everytime?

Though i really hated Apple iTunes , but that kind of suite is much helpful for upgrades and consistency

Erm itunes currently does just update the whole firmware each time to my ipod touch, hence downloads are always vast, last few updates are 409mb each. Supposed to be changing with iOS 5 though admittedly.

flash as all other nightlies on top

Nice one dude.The cm development is really making progress now,I wonder if we will get USB Tethering soon.I am sure most bladers are ok with wifi tethering but I personally prefer USB Tethering as it does not drain battery so much.Still if we get it or not is no big deal as what we have already is just awsome.Even thinking of buying another blade for when cm7 reaches its final release.

Guest wbaw
how does one set a dhcp lease time ?

Routers usually come set up with a dhcp lease time set by default. So you'd set a dhcp lease time in the same way that you changed it to 'infinite', if you dont know how to do it & nobody else has messed around with your wireless router, then you shouldn't need to change anything. It's different for every different wireless router.

Edited by wbaw

Guest Psyloid
Routers usually come set up with a dhcp lease time set by default. So you'd set a dhcp lease time in the same way that you changed it to 'infinite', if you dont know how to do it & nobody else has messed around with your wireless router, then you shouldn't need to change anything. It's different for every different wireless router.

already figured it had to be done on the router, when i posted my question i did not think about it too much and i thought i needed to change a setting on the phone :D

Guest Amphoras

Is this wifi problem some people are having due to the wifi module being changed recently? If so, would taking the wifi folder from an older version and replacing the current one with it fix it or would you need to do something else as well?

Guest Len Ash
Is this wifi problem some people are having due to the wifi module being changed recently? If so, would taking the wifi folder from an older version and replacing the current one with it fix it or would you need to do something else as well?

Neither modules work "fully".

You can do as you suggest to try...

Guest statts321

I tried that today took wifi folder from a nightly i knew had worked on my blade before, it didnt make any differance it still kept disconnecting every 10/15 seconds or so

Edited by statts321

Guest CaptainSpectacular

I do that on all nightly since the new wifi driver has come cause I don't like him.

Simply delete the Wifi folder on the .zip (Localised on \system) of the Rom contain the new driver, and put the Wifi folder from an older Rom (like n72 for example).

It's working for me, no disconnecting at all. :D

Guest dacsika
I do that on all nightly since the new wifi driver has come cause I don't like him.

Simply delete the Wifi folder on the .zip (Localised on \system) of the Rom contain the new driver, and put the Wifi folder from an older Rom (like n72 for example).

It's working for me, no disconnecting at all. :D

possibly upload it somewhere and replace what needs to be erased?