[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest MidaMilunk
Has anybody got auto brightness problem on N94? What I am seeing is if I cover the light sensor with my hand it turns physical buttons' light on but doesn't adjust the screen backlight. Anybody else experienced it or it's just me?

Are you patient enough? CM ROMs are smoothing the light sensor values very drastically! Try to go into the aut backlight settings, and check the current/smoothed values!

I haven't got no problem at all with the light sensor for a long time.

Guest MidaMilunk
A .35 kernel :P

The ROM is awesome (always has) and pretty bugless now, naysayers can gtf lol ;)

Where? The upper "pre 7.1.0" daily build contains a 2.6.32.9-perf by tom@TomsComputer

Just flashed. Anyway, it works fine after the first hours, did not apply the GPS patch, used several times with no problem.

Guest mcgee
I do that on all nightly since the new wifi driver has come cause I don't like him.

Simply delete the Wifi folder on the .zip (Localised on \system) of the Rom contain the new driver, and put the Wifi folder from an older Rom (like n72 for example).

It's working for me, no disconnecting at all. ;)

Can this be done with the bluetooth driver? it doesn't reconnect with my car kit also..

Guest MidaMilunk
It was CM7_84 now i started charging cause i want to update it to 95.

It was 2G+data and wifi occasionally.

Really amazing! I can show you very similar graph in a single day :/

Guest Simono

On N95 not working Airplane mode. After switch to AirPlane mode and then when switched it off I must reboot phone because I don't have GSM network only icon with "!".

Guest Brianrh

Apologies to all if this post is one of those that annoys everyone for asking the same question but I've got myself a bit confused.

Since N94 has received very positive comments I thought I would like to flash this my Blade. I've read and re-read each post since N94 was released but I'm confused as to what I need to flash. There is the N94 ROM, then a version of the ROM + kernel change and also a version with the wifi driver replaced.

Is the idea to flash with the basic N94 ROM and if any problems present themselves try one of the others? At times there seems to be so many variations of the ROM it is difficult to keep track of what's happening.

Anyway thanks to everyone for all the hard work being put into developing and testing this amazing ROM; how very different it is to the original stock ROM.

Thanks.

Brian

Guest sambartle
Has anybody got auto brightness problem on N94? What I am seeing is if I cover the light sensor with my hand it turns physical buttons' light on but doesn't adjust the screen backlight. Anybody else experienced it or it's just me?

I've just flashed N94 (and converted to GEN2) and found the Auto Brightness doesnt work for me.. It's always set to wherever you left it last time you adjusted it manually.

Another quirk is that Car Home, Settings, Bluetooth Starts Car home causes an FC when either trying to click it with bluetooth already on and connected to my headset, or clicking the option to turn it on in that menu whenin range of the device.. If im out of range it turns on fine.. and you can configure the settings.. which then work.. Weird.. but not a deal breaker as you just configure out of range.. It didnt do that before.

Edited by sambartle

Guest KACE_231
I've just flashed N94 (and converted to GEN2) and found the Auto Brightness doesnt work for me.. It's always set to wherever you left it last time you adjusted it manually.

Just tested it, seems to work fine for me, using the KANG version with the updated kernel (somewhere above on this thread)

Guest MidaMilunk
Just tested it, seems to work fine for me, using the KANG version with the updated kernel (somewhere above on this thread)

It also reboots using the GPS very soon (just a few hours of running). I think the kernel update was not enough. I am going to apply kk's fix above this version.

Guest targetbsp

Under Settings -> Cm Settings -> Display -> Auto Backlight... do you have Allow light decrease ticked? Because it's not by default and you seem to need it ticked. At least I do.

Guest Android.Fan

How long it takes to get brightness adjusted when you cover the light sensor? I kept it covered for one minute but brightness remained same.

How long it takes to get brightness adjusted when you cover the light sensor? I kept it covered for one minute but brightness remained same.

Couple of seconds. But as mentioned before, automatic brightness is set to off per default, you have to activate it first.

Guest sej7278
Couple of seconds. But as mentioned before, automatic brightness is set to off per default, you have to activate it first.

autobrightness is a bit hit and miss for me, at boot its full on until i move the phone around a bit.

when the phone rings it seems to be half-on even in really bright sunshine, not much use when you're trying to do the screen unlock manoeuvre to answer it!

i think i'll just keep brightness on full and set the screensaver to go off after 10secs or something.

just a note to people with autobrightness problems - you can only use the android display->brightness option or the cyanogenmod settings, not both, and neither work with the brightness statusbar slider of course. essentially there are 3 ways to control brightness, and none will work together.

Guest Android.Fan

Auto Brightness is activated. Settings->Display->Brightness->Ticked AutoBrightness. I think this is way to activate it. Is it?

Auto Brightness is activated. Settings->Display->Brightness->Ticked AutoBrightness. I think this is way to activate it. Is it?

No, it's not. targetbsp told us already, how to do it in cm7. Settings -> Cm Settings -> Display -> Auto Backlight...

Guest Arvydas
just a note to people with autobrightness problems - you can only use the android display->brightness option or the cyanogenmod settings, not both

how did you come up with that? It's exactly the opposite - with android auto-brightness disabled, cyanogenmod automatic backlight does not work...

Guest Android.Fan
No, it's not. targetbsp told us already, how to do it in cm7. Settings -> Cm Settings -> Display -> Auto Backlight...

I'm sorry it's confusing. When I enable just Auto Brightness and don not enable Auto Backlight then what actually I'm doing?

Guest hudasp

Is it possible extract older WiFi driver from older Nightly Builds (N74,..) and share it or gime me info about, where I find it? New WiFi driver in newest builds doesn´t work well for me.

Edited by hudasp

Guest Xenon0816
You have it right here.

Thank you very much!

€: but I need to ask again: how to get the patch from the site I mentioned? I don't want to have a full new rom, but just the updated kernel...

Edited by Xenon0816

Guest CaptainSpectacular
Is it possible extract older WiFi driver from older Nightly Builds (N74,..) and share it or gime me info about, where I find it? New WiFi driver in newest builds doesn´t work well for me.

Already asked, you can found it here.

Post #4880. (last message of the page)

Edited by CaptainSpectacular