[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest CaptainSpectacular
Thank you very much!

€: but I need to ask again: how to get the patch from the site I mentioned? I don't want to have a full new rom, but just the updated kernel...

Don't know if I'm right but I think you have to compile the patch yourself, or maybe full Rom to have the patch.

Guest stubphen

Hi guys,

Read posts here and realized the great news of the solved proximity sensor problem in CM7

so i recently flashed my Blade from RLS4 to CM 7 N88 and N94

but the proximity sensor is not working, seems even worse than RLS4

lol...

Mine is a British B10, TFT, Gen 1 machine,

I switched it to Gen2 using TPT V7 method in this forum and have tried to flash the CM 7 N88 and N94 using CWM 3.0.2.7

The screen always turns blank when i dial or pick up calls (>50%)...

I found an app "Z-drive test",

it showed the light and proximity sensor have no response at most of the time...

anyone has similar problem? Any suggestion? It is very annoying to have a malfunctioning screen after calls... and i can do nothing except waiting...

thanks~~~

Guest CaptainSpectacular
Hi guys,

Read posts here and realized the great news of the solved proximity sensor problem in CM7

lol...

I switched it to Gen2 using TPT V7 method in this forum and have tried to flash the CM 7 N88 and N94 using CWM 3.0.2.7

it showed the light and proximity sensor have no response at most of the time...

anyone has similar problem? Any suggestion? It is very annoying to have a malfunctioning screen after calls... and i can do nothing except waiting...

thanks~~~

Full wipe before n94 install ? Or at least format system, wipe cache, dalwik cache and you can even try a full wipe...

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Guest stubphen
Full wipe before n94 install ? Or at least format system, wipe cache, dalwik cache and you can even try a full wipe...

i flashed rom using rom manager

and i have selected wipe cache and dalwik

should i full wipe again in recovery mode after flashing rom?

Guest samjam
It also reboots using the GPS very soon (just a few hours of running). I think the kernel update was not enough. I am going to apply kk's fix above this version.

Maybe your phone really was too hot? On GPS my phone actually truly really really gets hot around the sim/sd card area, especially if charging at the same time.

Guest tomasvilda
Thank you very much!

€: but I need to ask again: how to get the patch from the site I mentioned? I don't want to have a full new rom, but just the updated kernel...

you can't get patches directly from that site, because there is only source code, you need to compile after fetching it. So it's not so straight.

Edited by tomasvilda

Guest CaptainSpectacular
i flashed rom using rom manager

and i have selected wipe cache and dalwik

should i full wipe again in recovery mode after flashing rom?

IMO you can try to full wipe with clockworkmod in recovery mode. If you come from Swedish Spring to CM7 I think you must do a full wipe, so wipe data, cache, ... Backup your data before and you're good to go.

Guest css771
Thank you very much!

Here you go. Just the updated kernel. Use fastboot.

boot.img

Guest Xenon0816
Here you go. Just the updated kernel. Use fastboot.

Thank you very much! Gonna test this now!

€: I flashed it via fastboot and can confirm that it works properly!

Thank you very much for providing this. This was a problem that annoyed me all the time with CyanogenMod for the Blade!

I'm happy now... ;)

Edited by Xenon0816

Guest chipper333

Trying to Compile CyanogenMod for Blade and as i'm a beginner i could really use some clarification if i'm doing it correctly.

Followed this guide http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?titl...enMod_for_Blade

First attempt worked and installed perfectly, updated today and the google market force closes every time i sign in and start downloading one of the apps like youtube.

I then have no market in my app drawer.

I used this part of the guide to try 2nd build.

Apologies if this is in the wrong section

Building CyanogenMod

Check for updates

First, check for updates in the source:

cd ~/android/system/

repo sync

Configure Build & Compile

Now, the environment must be configured to build and the ROM compiled, from code, for the blade.

. build/envsetup.sh && brunch blade

My fault, i made too many changes to the new rom its fine now ;)

Edited by chipper333

Guest Xenon0816
There seems to be a patch set 2 relating to the kernel change..? Any compiled versions around with this patch set 2?

was that patch set 1 that i just flashed?

Hm anyways... it works... Would be cool to have patch set 2 though...

€: there are in fact no big changes in patch set 2:

Removed an LEDs change I had forgotten about.
Edited by Xenon0816

Guest manji
was that patch set 1 that i just flashed?

Hm anyways... it works... Would be cool to have patch set 2 though...

I believe so as patch 2 was uploaded @ 4:44 PM

Edited by manji

Guest k0zmic
Hi guys,

lol...

thanks~~~

I have exactly the same problem, I've had it during most of the releases. The only workaround there is (And it's not even that good) is dial a random number and wait for the thing to say 'Incorrect number' then it'll hang up then the screen will return. After that the screen won't turn off again. This will need to be done every reboot.

Mine is B10 as well. Out of interest, When did you buy yours?

Guest Xenon0816
I believe so as patch 2 was uploaded @ 4:44 PM

One interesting thing about this patch: It only fixes the problem with the notification bar... If you, for example, play fruit ninja the phone won't recognise your swipes that come from the lower edge...

Odd...

Thank you very much! Gonna test this now!

€: I flashed it via fastboot and can confirm that it works properly!

Thank you very much for providing this. This was a problem that annoyed me all the time with CyanogenMod for the Blade!

I'm happy now... ;)

sorry to be such a noob but whats the comands to flash this with fastboot ? would it be simply: fastboot flash boot.img ?

Guest Xenon0816
sorry to be such a noob but whats the comands to flash this with fastboot ? would it be simply: fastboot flash boot.img ?

Just one more word: fastboot flash boot boot.img

You have to have the boot.img in the fastboot directory...

Just one more word: fastboot flash boot boot.img

You have to have the boot.img in the fastboot directory...

thanks

I am used to flashing recovery so sort of know my way around fastboot just was not sure if commands were same

Guest MidaMilunk
Why is FM radio so big deal for people? They can download Tune In radio from Android Market and listen whatever radio channel they want via internet..

Not all of the people have unlimited internet access! Normal FM radio also better for the battery, and it has the RDS also, which in theory can be used as traffic information source - also without using mobile data, which is expensive in some countries, like Hungary f.e., and also not really reliable.

So the reasons are a (good) bit similar, as to prefer offiline navigation above online ones.

Guest swordtail
Why is FM radio so big deal for people? They can download Tune In radio from Android Market and listen whatever radio channel they want via internet..

A bit like saying why is txt messaging a big deal why not just talk to the person? I work 12 hr nights and the FM Radio is a life saver hence why I have returned to SS until this is implemented into CM7 which hopefully won't be long now.What YOU don't care about may be a big deal to others don't alienate us who want Fm on our Blades!!