[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest CaptainSpectacular
Anyone care to objectively report on the build I did then? lol

It's all good, thanks for your upload. I can't report for battery life cause I've just flash right now, but all seems to working perfectly, at least for now. ;)

Guest Pondlife
Anyone care to objectively report on the build I did then? lol

Definitely boots ok, about all I know so far it's on charge. ;)

Guest simonckenyon

built myself about an hour ago after the kernel update. this is what i have observed:

- sensitivity on the right hand side of the screen fixed

- it gets a gps fix very quickly

- no fix for wifi reconnect after sleep

the kernel is still 2.6.32.9-perf. i had heard mention of 2.6.35

Edited by simonckenyon

Guest Len Ash
built myself about an hour ago after the kernel update. this is what i have observed:

The later kernel will make no difference in this context

Guest asm19

With the last rom KANG?

Guest Len Ash
With the last rom KANG?

It is the same as mine.... what are you asking that hasn't been stated already? My version clearly has the later kernel for the blade. None have the .35 kernel - although that is not the issue. Just someone confusing the plot.

Guest Migun

For those who came directly from 2.2 (like me) did you notice a decreased range on the wifi?

When I had 2.2 I would get signal in my room and connect , now I can only see my network, and that is using an Wifi Manager.

Guest MidaMilunk
N98

Tom's prebuilt kernel update in this build.

Is there any difference from the latest KANG version? As far as I see there is no Blade-related change since the kernel.

Edited by MidaMilunk

Guest samjam
i'm on n94 and i just noticed something..

was testing fring (voip app), and in a 25 min call the phone got REALLY HOT...i mean, burning hot lol around the speaker, on the top... worries?

Perhaps because the temperature sensor code is being frigged, the phone isn't auto-throttling when it gets hot and so now it gets really hot.

(I'm guessing)

Guest simonckenyon
It is the same as mine.... what are you asking that hasn't been stated already? My version clearly has the later kernel for the blade. None have the .35 kernel - although that is not the issue. Just someone confusing the plot.

sorry, but what plot am i confusing?

most (if not all) of the issues that we see with cm7 on the blade stem from the fact that we are using a hacked 2.6.32

so moving to .35 is a very big deal

Edited by simonckenyon

Guest targetbsp

I think he means people asking if the new kernel is a new version is confusing. Whenever a bug fix is made in the kernel, people will ask when the fixed one is out. And then someone will assume the 'new' kernel is the legendary .35 and start asking where that is and confuse matters.

People seem to struggle with the idea of new kernel meaning the old one with a fix vs a new version. I think it's fair to say that when 35 is on it's way - you'll know about it people. :P Probably every other post will be about it. So there's little point in asking if every kernel fix is it IMO. ;)

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Grain
Perhaps because the temperature sensor code is being frigged, the phone isn't auto-throttling when it gets hot and so now it gets really hot.

No, sorry, this is complete BS :P .

most (if not all) of the issues that we see with cm7 on the blade stem from the fact that we are using a hacked 2.6.32

This is not the case. Tell me *one* issue that stems from the kernel version in your opinion.

When/if a 2.6.35 version gets merged people will notice as it'll very likely be full of bugs for some days or weeks... be glad the change in N98 is just a minor fix! ;)

Guest Len Ash
When/if a 2.6.35 version gets merged people will notice as it'll very likely be full of bugs for some days or weeks... be glad the change in N98 is just a minor fix! ;)

+1

for some reason, some posters seem hooked on the need to adopt a later Linux kernel - for what reason? I have no idea. It is not a magic pill for anything in this context.

Perhaps if they were more conversant with "mainstream" Linux... everything would make more sense.

Guest hecatae
No, sorry, this is complete BS :P .

This is not the case. Tell me *one* issue that stems from the kernel version in your opinion.

why .35, codeaurora has a 2.6.38 available. Still the zte kernel source needs to be cleaned up before a new kernel can be considered

Guest Jean85

So practically you built the same as N98?

Can someone confirm that N98 fixes touchscreen border and GPS issues?

Guest manji

Hi guys,

I know this issue was deemed to be solved, but after making a call and checking sensor usage in SpareParts, dialler keeps counting long after disconnecting the call. :-\ (latest KANG which = latest nightly)

Edited by manji