[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest zaphan58

Is anyone else still getting lock-ups and reboots using GPS still? The issue seemed almost resolved but I'm on nightly 98 now and for the last few nightlies it seems even worse. Foursquare freezes and Google Maps gives me an almost instant reboot.

Guest manji
Hi guys,

I know this issue was deemed to be solved, but after making a call and checking sensor usage in SpareParts, dialler keeps counting long after disconnecting the call. :-\ (latest KANG which = latest nightly)

Anyone noticing this?

Guest simonckenyon
No, sorry, this is complete BS :P .

This is not the case. Tell me *one* issue that stems from the kernel version in your opinion.

When/if a 2.6.35 version gets merged people will notice as it'll very likely be full of bugs for some days or weeks... be glad the change in N98 is just a minor fix! ;)

see below.

why should i be glad that bugs are not fixed?

+1

for some reason, some posters seem hooked on the need to adopt a later Linux kernel - for what reason? I have no idea. It is not a magic pill for anything in this context.

Perhaps if they were more conversant with "mainstream" Linux... everything would make more sense.

it would

- fix the wifi reconnect problems

- fix the temp sensor

- add usb tethering

- add the fm radio

but most importantly it would

- bring the system into line with the rest of cm

- get of the hacked zte kernel

Edited by simonckenyon

Guest targetbsp
Hi guys,

I know this issue was deemed to be solved, but after making a call and checking sensor usage in SpareParts, dialler keeps counting long after disconnecting the call. :-\ (latest KANG which = latest nightly)

That's never been fixed. It just turned out to not be the cause of the battery drain. The actual cause was fixed. This wasn't and seems harmless. ;)

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Grain
it would

- fix the wifi reconnect problems

Wifi reconnect can a) be fixed from within Android framework (it should just make sure the interface reconnects and try multiple times if necessary), b) the wifi stuff is a proprietary kernel module anyways as no ar6000 driver is included in Linux per se. So nothing a more recent kernel would fix.

- fix the temp sensor

Battery temperature readings are not done in the kernel but by the actual device firmware (baseband, just like the BIOS on a PC). Nothing the kernel can do here.

- add usb tethering

Tom_G said some time ago that USB tethering was broken due to the older kernel but ATM it looks like it's something else. Currently being worked on.

- add the fm radio

Look at review.cyanogenmod.com - a patch for fm radio has been submitted. Again, this is a problem with userspace support libraries and not a kernel problem (how should it? The fm radio is working fine with Swedish Spring for example, using basically the same kernel).

- get of the hacked zte kernel

Most of the changes in the ZTE kernel really do have a reason. Get rid of the changes/use a vanilla AOSP kernel and the kernel doesn't work on the Blade anymore.

Guest tsddave
Required a full wipe (updated kernel), or enough to clear the cache and dalvik cache?

I would like to know this also!

I am on N86 is this a big improvement? Or just adding new issues? ;)

Guest -MackaN

Sorry for a stupid question, but comming from N73, do I need to do a full wipe to update to N98?

Also, is the GPS fixed now? On N73 im having reboots time to time, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Guest Migun
For those who came directly from 2.2 (like me) did you notice a decreased range on the wifi?

When I had 2.2 I would get signal in my room and connect , now I can only see my network, and that is using an Wifi Manager.

No one noticed difference (even in 2.1) ;) ?

Guest k0zmic
Sorry for a stupid question, but comming from N73, do I need to do a full wipe to update to N98?

Also, is the GPS fixed now? On N73 im having reboots time to time, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Yeah do a full wipe there have been a lot of changes. Go into mounts and storage and format system before you flash.

It seems fixed, it only reboots once and after it works great.

Guest zaphan58

I'm on N98 and GPS is still buggy as hell for me.

Guest Grain

The battery temperature kernel fix only fixes occasional shutdowns. These occured mostly if you used GPS at some point, then put the phone to sleep.

The new kernel does not fix any reboots while using GPS. See CyanogenMod status page (link below).

The battery temperature kernel fix only fixes occasional shutdowns. These occured mostly if you used GPS at some point, then put the phone to sleep.

With battery monitor widget I still get erratic temperature readings up to high fifty°C (the max I got last night was 58°C). So this fix doesn't fix the erratic readings but the shutdowns?

The new kernel does not fix any reboots while using GPS. See CyanogenMod status page (link below).

In other words, kallt_kaffee's gps fix is still recommended?

Guest Lord_Snake

Hi guys.

I'm following this topic since it started, but as I have my SF as my personal cellphone, I need it to be stable.

At the moment I've SS5 GEN1 and I'm waiting for a usable CM version to convert my phone to GEN2 and start to use android 2.3.

Which version do you recommend? Some n8x, n9x, the last n98, or should I wait a little more that nice fixs is comming?

Thanks

Guest _amano
With battery monitor widget I still get erratic temperature readings up to high fifty°C (the max I got last night was 58°C). So this fix doesn't fix the erratic readings but the shutdowns?

The whole temperature readings seem to be a mess and probably nobody (obviously neither ZTE itself) can fix that. This is just a better workaround than before that covers more cases when GPS would trigger a high temperature (I think that the workaround is to just ignore the temperature readings in some cases).

Guest gomes29
Hi guys.

I'm following this topic since it started, but as I have my SF as my personal cellphone, I need it to be stable.

At the moment I've SS5 GEN1 and I'm waiting for a usable CM version to convert my phone to GEN2 and start to use android 2.3.

Which version do you recommend? Some n8x, n9x, the last n98, or should I wait a little more that nice fixs is comming?

Thanks

Convert the phone to GEN2 and flash N98... is very close to being the perfect ROM. Otherwise, I recommend you to flash Cyanogenmod Green V5, is the same that N98 but with all bug fixs included by Psyloid in one flash.

Guest k0zmic
Hi guys.

Thanks

I think it is quite stable now. You could just upgrade to Gen 2, try CM7 see if you like it. If not, you could revert back to SS/

Try N98.

Guest u116040

Can someone explain me why the gapps20110503.zip have been removed ? I saw the explanation on http://goo-inside.me/gapps/ saying that it causes FC (for the camera (?)) because it's for ARMv7, not ARMv6 .. but I'm using them without problem so I'm not sure to understand. :P

Edit: I mean removed completely, and not leaving them for 2.3.4 users

Also the music widget on the lock screen (using gesture) have a security lack : click on the album cover, then you're on the music application where you can click home, .. ;)

Edited by u116040

Guest burstlam

here is a fm - function try-out build based on TomG and Stephanie contribution.

Also I have revert the recent kernel changes of synaptics driver , for it might be the cause of sudden lose response with the touchscreen.

I have enable the swap option in the kernel, for Chinese Unicom Blade which have 256 mb system ram only.

http://hotfile.com/dl/120538786/0dea680/up...signed.zip.html

md5 : 080c88d623eefac211ff167408dc0940

Tom g mention there is minor issue to be fixed (no volume control and sudden screenlock up that u need to press "back" key to go out unlock it ),

yet the radio function is basically working well with fm apps .

it is the best day since we have CM!!! now we are looking forward to the .35 kernel !!! HEEHE

cheers! and Thank you for the great works by all the contributors!

Edited by burstlam

Also the music widget on the lock screen (using gesture) have a security lack : click on the album cover, then you're on the music application where you can click home, .. ;)

So? Of course you can click on home, you are already in the music-player. Yeah, you can circumvent the lockscreen, but calling this a security leak is a little far fetched, don't you think?

Guest simonckenyon
here is a fm - function try-out build based on TomG and Stephanie contribution.

Also I have revert the recent kernel changes of synaptics driver , for it might be the cause of sudden lose response with the touchscreen.

I have enable the swap option in the kernel, for Chinese Unicom Blade which have 256 mb system ram only.

http://hotfile.com/dl/120538786/0dea680/up...signed.zip.html

md5 : 080c88d623eefac211ff167408dc0940

Tom g mention there is minor issue to be fixed, but I try it is workng well with androko fm apps .

it is the best day since we haveCM!!! now we are looking forward to the .35 kernel !!! HEEHE

cheers! and Thank you for the great works by all the contributors!

it works - thank you for that

however, sound stops after about 5 seconds

if you click on the frequency it comes back again

Guest Radde

GTasks force close for me when I trying to change a date or time on a task. It's no problem to create a new task with time and date is when I want to change it when the app force close. Have tried it on release N95, N96 and N98 with same problem.

For every release I did a wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition before installation to be sure.

Is it just me who have this problem?

Guest burstlam
it works - thank you for that

however, sound stops after about 5 seconds

if you click on the frequency it comes back again

maybe the reason of duplicate fm application : fm_radio.apk fm_zte.apk in the rom

I forgot to remove them before signing the rom. sorry for that~

fm is working fine with me in HK.

Edited by burstlam