[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest marcodassi

I have a non-topic request, pardon me if this is not the right place... but...

What's a decent video player for our Cyanogen-ed Blades? Tried RockPlayer and VPlayer but the audio goes out-of-sync after a while...

What I really want to watch is .AVI files, as far as I can remember converted DVDs files (mpeg4 ?) are OK (audio is perfectly synced)

Edited by marcodassi

Guest sm4tik
Has the lib audio fixes been implemented?

skype working yet?

I did a quick test with skype some time ago and it seemed to work ok. I do remember reading that if you switch back and forth with the speaker during a call, it may not be able to route the sound correctly.

Guest Amphoras
why the "+"? did you put in the FM radio too?

Because its N101 plus all other merged changes up to the time he said. FM radio change hasn't been merged yet, so I assume not as he didn't mention it.

Guest targetbsp
I have a non-topic request, pardon me if this is not the right place... but...

What's a decent video player for our Cyanogen-ed Blades? Tried RockPlayer and VPlayer but the audio goes out-of-sync after a while...

What I really want to watch is .AVI files, as far as I can remember converted DVDs files (mpeg4 ?) are OK (audio is perfectly synced)

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...vix-avi-player/

Guest MidaMilunk

I use the second version of the post-98 (or 99?) KLANG build with the FM radio with corrected BT behaviour.

I just noticed that there is no notification power widget at all. I can set it up, but it can not be seen ;) Anyone facing this?

Anyway the ROM is a decent one, with KK's GPS fix stable enough for everyday operation. I only miss the upper power widget a bit.

Guest Ciels
when i make a call i can hear myself through the earpiece, anyone else having this ?

I call myself to see how I'm doing too.

Have you done a full wipe?

Guest whatcolour
when i make a call i can hear myself through the earpiece, anyone else having this ?

Yes.

Question: have you used a Gen1toGen2 converter before?

I had the same problem which puzzled me for quite a while, then after experimenting with all gen2 firmwares, I found only the SAPO version got rid of the problem you just described.

Guest GoNz0
I call myself to see how I'm doing too.

Have you done a full wipe?

not since i installed this with via tpt, added the nightly's as they come out.

Yes.

Question: have you used a Gen1toGen2 converter before?

I had the same problem which puzzled me for quite a while, then after experimenting with all gen2 firmwares, I found only the SAPO version got rid of the problem you just described.

nope, not used a converter, went gen 1 to gen2 using tpt

whats this sapo version you speak of ?

Edited by GoNz0

Guest _amano
I wonder, how long it will take to get the FM radio officially in:

Some parts don't even have one review for the most current patch: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,6049 the updated patch could need new reviews...

Here is just Tom_G's "+" to wait for other reviews to be added: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,6054 Burstlam, Grain, Flibblesan, can you have a look at the patch?

The libaudio part is probably the hottest candidate to be merged, having a "+" from Burstlam and Tom_G: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,6061

This should have been already merged, or is this blocked on another patch?: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,6090 Even HCDR.Jacob's "+" is there. the updated patch could need new reviews...

This is the one that is heavily discussed: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,6102 The new update seems to be acceptable now. Let's see...

If all those patches made it, this would be the final patch to enable the radio: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,6050

Hmm. With Tom_G's latest updates most if not all patches seem to be ready to be merged...

Edited by _amano

Guest lordofangels
LorofAngels heralding in the new nightly build.

The world returns to normalcy :-)

The balance is now restored in the universe.

Guest Orbbman

The only two bugs that bother me never seem to get fixed ;) It's that battery draining sensor after calls and the dark camera image. Are there any fixes yet I could add?

Because all in all CyanogenMod is now a really stable and good working ROM, even for non-geeks. But with this bugs I can't afford to recommend this ROM to elder people... :P

Guest Orbbman
or take your photos in good light.

Actually this makes pictures brighter but still way too dark. Usually I don't carry a spotlight with me :P But most important is that battery draining bug ;)

Guest simonckenyon

i wrote this little shell script to build the ROM for myself.

it may be of of some use.

if you have installed the necessary prerequisites, the version of linux should not make a difference.

i run this on a gentoo box.

note that it assumes that the git repo has been copies to /usr/src/android/cm7

cd /usr/src/android/cm7

repo sync

cd device/zte/blade

sh unzip-files.sh

cd ../../..

. build/envsetup.sh && brunch blade

cp out/target/product/blade/update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-signed.zip ./cm7-`date +"%Y-%M-%d"`.zip

Actually this makes pictures brighter but still way too dark. Usually I don't carry a spotlight with me :P But most important is that battery draining bug ;)

I found photos taken outside in sunlight to be fine. You can set the exposure time higher, +2 works well for me, tap the top icon in the camera app, scroll down.

Guest KACE_231
I found photos taken outside in sunlight to be fine. You can set the exposure time higher, +2 works well for me, tap the top icon in the camera app, scroll down.

Where exactly do I get to set exposure time? And also did you know you could use the Volume Buttons as camera the shutter button.

Guest steeperton
The only two bugs that bother me never seem to get fixed ;) It's that battery draining sensor after calls and the dark camera image. Are there any fixes yet I could add?

Because all in all CyanogenMod is now a really stable and good working ROM, even for non-geeks. But with this bugs I can't afford to recommend this ROM to elder people... :P

That was fixed a while ago (N88ish?). Working fine on the current nightlies.