[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Vasily Mulukov
Actually this makes pictures brighter but still way too dark. Usually I don't carry a spotlight with me :P But most important is that battery draining bug ;)

You can use Go Dialer instead of standard one, works fine and no battery drain, + nice feature to locate contact name while typing - same as in my wife's Sony Ericsson :-)

Where exactly do I get to set exposure time? And also did you know you could use the Volume Buttons as camera the shutter button.

Mmm I think it's the +xx in the settings when in the Camera app, although this is definitely not related to exposure time, afaik.

Btw, I was surprised to see that the zoom had no effect when taking a photo : the result is not the zoomed area but the default view pic (x1)...

Is it just me or?...

Not that I happen to take photos very often, but well... ;)

Guest sej7278
i wrote this little shell script to build the ROM for myself.

it may be of of some use.

if you have installed the necessary prerequisites, the version of linux should not make a difference.

i run this on a gentoo box.

note that it assumes that the git repo has been copies to /usr/src/android/cm7

cd /usr/src/android/cm7

repo sync

cd device/zte/blade

sh unzip-files.sh

cd ../../..

. build/envsetup.sh && brunch blade

cp out/target/product/blade/update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-signed.zip ./cm7-`date +"%Y-%M-%d"`.zip

shouldn't that be %m not %M otherwise you'll get minute instead of month

why run unzip-files.sh - i don't think that will ever work as there is no blade_update.zip

it also assumes that the "repo" in your $path is the android repo command and not linux's one.

probably worth running get-rommanager and get-google-files

Guest KACE_231
Mmm I think it's the +xx in the settings when in the Camera app, although this is definitely not related to exposure time, afaik.

Btw, I was surprised to see that the zoom had no effect when taking a photo : the result is not the zoomed area but the default view pic (x1)...

Is it just me or?...

Not that I happen to take photos very often, but well... ;)

When you say +xx do you mean constrast and saturation levels? Also I dont think the blade camera supports zoom

When you say +xx do you mean constrast and saturation levels? Also I dont think the blade camera supports zoom

Haha thanks, that would indeed be a good reason!! ;)

As per the exposure setting, it's in the settings menu, on the right of the saturation/constrast one.

Oh and it looks like that this setting also doesn't have any impact on the resulting photo, on my device... At least the photo is far darker that what I can see on the screen when taking it.

Guest targetbsp
Actually this makes pictures brighter but still way too dark. Usually I don't carry a spotlight with me :P But most important is that battery draining bug ;)

The sensor isn't draining the battery! That was all a false alarm. The actual battery drain was fixed ages ago (to do with libaudio). The sensor still reports high usage but is actually harmless.

Guest Nudnik_de

Increasing exposure value helps to make pictures brighter. The key issue is that your exposure value gets lost everytime you exit the camera app and it's reset to 0 again.

Guest Orbbman
The sensor isn't draining the battery! That was all a false alarm. The actual battery drain was fixed ages ago (to do with libaudio). The sensor still reports high usage but is actually harmless.

Okay, good to know. But I can't explain myself how I get a 8% battery drain in one hour after I received a call and a 1% drain in two hours after a reboot? Can't imagine I'm the only one who's experiencing that.

But thanks for GoDialer, I'll try that one. And I didn't know that you could take a picture with the volume button, that well ease up self portraits ;)

Guest targetbsp
Okay, good to know. But I can't explain myself how I get a 8% battery drain in one hour after I received a call and a 1% drain in two hours after a reboot? Can't imagine I'm the only one who's experiencing that.

On new versions? I haven't experienced that since it was fixed. Mine you even before it was fixed I was only looking at 3% an hour after a call so maybe you have something else going on there...

Guest Orbbman
On new versions? I haven't experienced that since it was fixed. Mine you even before it was fixed I was only looking at 3% an hour after a call so maybe you have something else going on there...

Can you give me a hint how I can find out? Just installed Go Dialer which acutally looks pretty good and contains the group function ;)

Guest k0zmic
Can you give me a hint how I can find out? Just installed Go Dialer which acutally looks pretty good and contains the group function ;)

Check spare parts for partial wake usage.

Maybe an app is keeping the phone awake?

Guest MidaMilunk
The only two bugs that bother me never seem to get fixed :P It's that battery draining sensor after calls and the dark camera image. Are there any fixes yet I could add?

Because all in all CyanogenMod is now a really stable and good working ROM, even for non-geeks. But with this bugs I can't afford to recommend this ROM to elder people... :D

I have never seen the battery drain after call... Even when most of the people have suffered of this. Do not know why, but does not mind at all! ;) Anyway my Blade just eats the battery during phone calls! Five minute call may eat some 5%. Between calls, I do not have any problem, at least if I disable mobile data. Mobile data also eats a lot.

Use camera360.

I basicly agree, but for me the GPS reboots are the most annoying bug! Although it can be 90% cured with KK's fix.

Edited by MidaMilunk

Guest Simono
I basicly agree, but for me the GPS reboots are the most annoying bug!

Yeah thats right. For me another BT not connect to BT car kit if BT on phone was on first.

Guest simonckenyon
Why do you have unzip-files.sh in the script?

to get any necessary binary files which are not created as part of the build. there are about 20-30 of them.

i re-run it to make sure that the build catches any changes that result from the "repo sync".

Guest simonckenyon
shouldn't that be %m not %M otherwise you'll get minute instead of month

why run unzip-files.sh - i don't think that will ever work as there is no blade_update.zip

it also assumes that the "repo" in your $path is the android repo command and not linux's one.

probably worth running get-rommanager and get-google-files

correct about the %m - damn, i read the date man page twice to make sure i got it correct - and even then i got it wrong :-(

in my case the repo is in my path - but good point

as for get-rommanager - i did that once - do i need to do it every time? i suppose i do thinking about it.

i was not aware of get-google-files

but now that i read it, i don't think i want to do that

i alway install the google apps separately

thanks for the tips!

Guest mitchde
On N102 I have a lot of reboots then on N100 while launching app that use GPS ;)

Thanks sharing that info. I stay with NB 100 - i have no reboots, even without the install of gps_fix.

With NB 88 (and around) i had massive reboots, even with gps_fix. I always did complete wipe (including /system format + Davic cache clean).

wreid that some nigthies make massive GPS problems, even if there is no code changes in GPS code parts?!

There must be some unknown sideeffect (code changes in other code sections) between NB codes belong to GPS reboot or not.

Edited by mitchde

Guest Psyloid
Thanks sharing that info. I stay with NB 100 - i have no reboots, even without the install of gps_fix.

With NB 88 (and around) i had massive reboots, even with gps_fix. I always did complete wipe (including /system format + Davic cache clean).

wreid that some nigthies make massive GPS problems, even if there is no code changes in GPS code parts?!

There must be some unknown sideeffect (code changes in other code sections) between NB codes belong to GPS reboot or not.

N88 had old kernel , N100 has updated kernel which fights the wrong temperature reading (resulting in fewer/none reboots when using gps(which causes loads of heat))

Guest sej7278
correct about the %m - damn, i read the date man page twice to make sure i got it correct - and even then i got it wrong :-(

in my case the repo is in my path - but good point

as for get-rommanager - i did that once - do i need to do it every time? i suppose i do thinking about it.

i was not aware of get-google-files

but now that i read it, i don't think i want to do that

i alway install the google apps separately

thanks for the tips!

all i get from unzip-files.sh is this:

unzip:  cannot find or open ../../../blade_update.zip, ../../../blade_update.zip.zip or ../../../blade_update.zip.ZIP.

i think you're confusing it with extract-files.sh which only needs to be run once with your phone plugged in with cm7 installed.

get-rommanager you can run if there's a new release otherwise just update it from market. the script was broken for a while so you'd end up with a zero-bytes rommanager.apk in your build, so worth checking.

get-google-files is about to be updated to point to the newer gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip

Edited by sej7278

Guest burstlam
Is there a separate CW installable USB mount fix? I am on N102 and USB mounting does not work.

Tomg submit a new patch for this.

I am building one for testing.