[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest simonckenyon
all i get from unzip-files.sh is this:

unzip:  cannot find or open ../../../blade_update.zip, ../../../blade_update.zip.zip or ../../../blade_update.zip.ZIP.

i think you're confusing it with extract-files.sh which only needs to be run once with your phone plugged in with cm7 installed.

get-rommanager you can run if there's a new release otherwise just update it from market. the script was broken for a while so you'd end up with a zero-bytes rommanager.apk in your build, so worth checking.

get-google-files is about to be updated to point to the newer gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip

no i'm not confusing it. extract-files.sh gets the binary files from the phone. unzip-files.sh does the same, but from a zip file in (../../../blade_update.zip)

Guest psycho84

I have a gen1 phone converted to gen2 using TPT method with CM7 rom. Now I have installed nightly 98 of CM7 but my sensors are still not working. I have wiped all before installation of rom but my sensors are just not working. I even tried TPT method all over again and nothing helped. I have AK8973 sensor (it's listed for accelerometer, orientation and magnetic in z-device test). My proximity and light sensor seem to work fine. However, sensors are working using a custom 2.2 rom with stock softbank kernel so I suppose it has something to do with drivers in CM7. Is there an .img or .zip file that contains only driver update for these sensors because I like CM7 very much, its fast and snappy and apart from this everything else seems to work fine.

Thank you for your effort on making this rom!!!

Guest KACE_231

Im having issues with the camera, when I take pictures the viewfinder on the camera app shows nice bright images, but the stored image (viewed in gallery) is quite dark - this of course is the well know issue. The other problem is that when i take a picture and view it immidiately from the camera app itself, I have problems zooming in/out, the screen turns black when I do so.

Anyone confirm these issues?

Guest k0zmic

@Psycho84

Could you describe what happens with your proximity sensor please, What happens when you dial out?

Mine doesn't work either.

Guest psycho84
@Psycho84

Could you describe what happens with your proximity sensor please, What happens when you dial out?

Mine doesn't work either.

Actually my proximity and light sensors seem to be fine, just the other ones don't work. Screen rotation and magnetic sensor for orientation and compass. :S

When I dial a number and want to end call, proximity works just fine, turns off screen when I place my phone near ear and turns it back on when I move the phone further away.

Guest k0zmic
Actually my proximity and light sensors seem to be fine, just the other ones don't work. Screen rotation and magnetic sensor for orientation and compass. :S

When I dial a number and want to end call, proximity works just fine, turns off screen when I place my phone near ear and turns it back on when I move the phone further away.

Oh I see. Weird, I'm on N98 and the ones that don't work for you work for me.

Maybe you could nandroid your current ROM, full wipe and then try another nightly, it might fix it?

Guest psycho84
Oh I see. Weird, I'm on N98 and the ones that don't work for you work for me.

Maybe you could nandroid your current ROM, full wipe and then try another nightly, it might fix it?

A week or two before, once I decided to upgrade to CM7, I installed nightly 95, did a full wipe before it, sensors did not work. A few days after that i downloaded nightly 98, did a full wipe, installed, nothing. And I know it is not a hardware problem because I reverted to other 2.2 ROM and installed softbank stock kernel with it and sensors started working just fine. But that rom is a bit slower than CM7 IMHO, so I want to stick with CM7 but I would like to have functional sensors again... ;)

Guest sm4tik

I've had these wierd market problems lately where apps are not listed in market's "my apps" and I haven't been able to find others. Now everything seems to be back to normal, but I just wanted to make sure what apps should market list in "my apps" after a clean install of CM7? Thanks

Guest Nudnik_de
Im having issues with the camera, when I take pictures the viewfinder on the camera app shows nice bright images, but the stored image (viewed in gallery) is quite dark - this of course is the well know issue. The other problem is that when i take a picture and view it immidiately from the camera app itself, I have problems zooming in/out, the screen turns black when I do so.

Anyone confirm these issues?

Yeah, can confirm the zooming issue. Raised an issue on th bug tracker a while ago for 7.0.2. The issue disappeared on the 60ish nightlies but now it's back again :-(

Guest mitchde

eMail.app problem (since i use CM 7).

1. The eMail.app fails always with error 505 (prohibit...) in the first usage setup process.

2. It does not know / make failure the right profider pop3 / smtp server entries.

If i use 2.1 / Froyo 2.2 email.app it automatic sets the right pop3 / smtp server entries for my provider freenet.de, both mx.freenet.de

and email runs well.

3. Even if i add (manual) that mx.freenet.de pop3 / smtp server entries (2.3.4 email sets them to freenet.de, wrong) the email app fails with 505 error.

I can 100% tell that its not an problem of username or password, nor the different connection ways (SSL,... i tested all) non of the selectable ways worked, always 505 error.

I now installed k9 mail app and it worked without any own settings , only typed in username and password.

Is that an known problem ? Has any proffessional CM user same problem and can make an issius in the CM7 dev website?

Edited by mitchde

Guest Simono

I also have problem with email app with server imap/smtp mail.plusnet.pl. Thats looks like my smtp server does not support "550 "501 5.5.2 ip address: Hello command rejected: Invalid name" and I also use now k9 mail app. On Android 2.2 ROM SS RLS5 all working OK.

Edited by Simono

Guest Janil
It seems that there is a feature freeze at the end of the week. I hope that we can squeeze in the FM Radio patches before that...

EDIT: And obviously the USB tethering support: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/6145 / http://r.cyanogenmod.com/6144

Hot! Especially the USB tethering part! Is there any kind of estimation or schedule? Ie. how long does it take to get an RC/stable out after the feature freeze? Weeks, months?

I'll finally be updating my JJRLS9 to CM7 after this.

EDIT: I'm already preparing for this. I remember there was some IMEI related problems when flashing Gen1->Gen2. What precautions I should take? Is it safe to follow this guide: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/ZTE_Blade...on_and_Recovery

Edited by Janil

Guest Pondlife
Hot! Especially the USB tethering part! Is there any kind of estimation or schedule? Ie. how long does it take to get an RC/stable out after the feature freeze? Weeks, months?

I'll finally be updating my JJRLS9 to CM7 after this.

EDIT: I'm already preparing for this. I remember there was some IMEI related problems when flashing Gen1->Gen2. What precautions I should take? Is it safe to follow this guide: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/ZTE_Blade...on_and_Recovery

As you'll be doing a tpt to go to gen2 and seem to intend to wait for the 7.1 release I'd wait for the tpt of the cm7.1 rom which would do it all in one. That would likely be in this thread http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...r-easy-install/ although given the significance could be the start of a new thread I guess.

Edited by Pondlife

Guest supermies123

I tried to send an .apk file via Bluetooth with CM7 N102.

I opened File Manager and long pressed the file, then chose Send, but the phone said there is no program which could send it. Why is that?

Sending with Bluetooth works with other filetypes i tried.

And btw, will GPS fix be included in some point to CM7?

Edited by supermies123

Guest k0zmic
I tried to send an .apk file via Bluetooth with CM7 N102.

I opened File Manager and long pressed the file, then chose Send, but the phone said there is no program which could send it. Why is that?

Sending with Bluetooth works with other filetypes i tried.

Maybe Android doesn't allow it for security concerns or w.e.?

Guest stubphen
A week or two before, once I decided to upgrade to CM7, I installed nightly 95, did a full wipe before it, sensors did not work. A few days after that i downloaded nightly 98, did a full wipe, installed, nothing. And I know it is not a hardware problem because I reverted to other 2.2 ROM and installed softbank stock kernel with it and sensors started working just fine. But that rom is a bit slower than CM7 IMHO, so I want to stick with CM7 but I would like to have functional sensors again... ;)

I found that the light sensor doesnt work if proximity sensor is on in Elixir apps,

is there any conflict between the light and proximity sensors?

they are both Taos made...

Guest Grain
is there any conflict between the light and proximity sensors?

they are both Taos made...

It's the same sensor, and proximity takes precedence over light.

@nunoar, see the link below this post.

Guest burstlam

http://hotfile.com/dl/121114062/747dec6/up...signed.zip.html

md5: bd9cc19e272a01149984f6e548ec943f

this is a a test build based on Tomg latest update patch set of libaudio , also with FM and usb-thetering function enable.

also !

with tablet tweaks extent features enabled (i.e. soft button on status bar),

For it is a test version, I have downsized this with a limited language support.( English and Chinese Translation only) to save the time of compiling.

tablet_tweaks2.png

Edited by burstlam

Guest legionfx
http://hotfile.com/dl/121114062/747dec6/up...signed.zip.html

md5: bd9cc19e272a01149984f6e548ec943f

this is a a test build based on Tomg latest update patch set of libaudio , also with FM and usb-thetering function enable.

also !

with tablet tweaks extent features enabled (i.e. soft button on status bar),

For it is a test version, I have downsized this with a limited language support.( English and Chinese Translation only) to save the time of compiling.

tablet_tweaks2.png

put portuguese in it please