[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest unrandomsam
Aren't those Ads there for purpose ? Like for ex. to make some money for the developers ?

Everyone should block ads (Or google should move all the ad supported crap to an ADWARE catagory)

No one would put up with adware on other Linux based OS's

But fwiw (Ad Free android works fine here).

Oh and if someone says in the description its ad supported I just don't install it.

Android would be much better without all the adware in the market.

(Free or paid is ok just not crappy adware).

Guest targetbsp
How can the ROM go backwards in terms of bugs/problems, I stuck on n98 cause after reading through the last posts there are new annoying bugs creeping up!

Because you're using software that is being written whilst you are using it! It's not unusual for new features or even fixes for bugs to add new bugs and to the developer it may still be a step forward. If this bothers you, you're using the wrong rom. :)

Edited by targetbsp

Guest FaTaL_ErrOr

I m pasting this from the other thread just to report it.

I TPTed the 104 yesterday. It was fine, till today that i decided to do a wipe battery stats. Now it wont boot and it gets stuck in the boot animation logo :) Is there a way to unbrick this without losing my settings, applications etc ?

Guest k0zmic
I m pasting this from the other thread just to report it.

I TPTed the 104 yesterday. It was fine, till today that i decided to do a wipe battery stats. Now it wont boot and it gets stuck in the boot animation logo :) Is there a way to unbrick this without losing my settings, applications etc ?

You can try wipe Dalvik cache/cache in recovery.

Guest KACE_231
Because you're using software that is being written whilst you are using it! It's not unusual for new features or even fixes for bugs to add new bugs and to the developer it may still be a step forward. If this bothers you, you're using the wrong rom. :)

I see why they say nightly's are unstable

Anyway I have noticed another bug, although pinch-to-zoom works in the gallery app, all other image viewers cannot do so. Im talking specifically Whatsapp and ES file explorer. Anyone else have the same issue

Edited by KACE_231

Guest Ciels
I see why they say nightly's are unstable

Anyway I have noticed another bug, although pinch-to-zoom works in the gallery app, all other image viewers cannot do so. Im talking specifically Whatsapp and ES file explorer. Anyone else have the same issue

It's probably because whatsapp and ES file explorer have their own image viewers, I've noticed that whatsapp only incorporated their own recently.

Best thing to do is save the image or check your gallery where they get stored.

Guest mitky82
For me N106 often gets stuck in landscape mode. never had this problem before. anyone any ideas?

It only seems to clear when I reboot.

Menu>Settings>Cyanogenmod settings>display and tick 0 degrees, 90degrees and all other if you want

Guest Malfis

It's normal to everytime flash Gapps, from nightly to nightly? I wipe everytime data/factory reset, cache and in mounts and storages - format /system. Something wrong?

Guest marcodassi
It's normal to everytime flash Gapps, from nightly to nightly? I wipe everytime data/factory reset, cache and in mounts and storages - format /system. Something wrong?

Yes, if you do what I have highlighted in red :)

Gapps aren't included in CM (copyright issues), and a data/factory reset wipes everything in the device (excluding bootloader, of course)

I usually do only a "Dalvik cache cleaning" + "Fix permissions" from nightly to nightly... and everything goes (almost) fine 'till now

Edited by marcodassi

Guest frequence

Hey guys.

I completly lost track of CM changes....can someone pls drop a short post with what is still broken/bugged in the latest nightly.

Thanks in advance :)

Guest heavyduty00

my gps still rebooted on n106..

i think it is because im on gen2...

when i was on gen1, i had no gps reboots ever in cm7 :/

Guest Simono

First four GPS reboots, this bug is still on Cyan for Blade :). This is the biggest bug for me.

Edited by Simono

Guest KACE_231
First four GPS reboots, this bug is still on Cyan for Blade :). This is the biggest bug for me.

People need to try the GPS again, I sometimes get the GPS bug when switiching nightlies, but it is usually sorted after the first reboot.

Guest Simono
i have sony ericsson mw600 is there any way to hear radio from my mobile phone via bluetooth?

thanks.

Probably yes if already connect wired headset beacuse it's antenas for radio. Radio don't work witout antenas :).

Guest ultron
Probably yes if already connect wired headset beacuse it's antenas for radio. Radio don't work witout antenas :).

yes but,mw600 has wired headphones ,a guy told me before that the headphones work as antenna so thats why i am asking!thnx B)

Guest The Soup Thief
yes but,mw600 has wired headphones ,a guy told me before that the headphones work as antenna so thats why i am asking!thnx :)

I would have thought that's very unlikely to work

Headphones function as an antenna because they are wired to the phone. The headphone wire attached to the BT device would experience the same induced signal, but is pretty unlikely to then broadcast it to the phone - the BT headset is for "beaming" sound about - not fm radio reception

Another suggestion though - why not take the mw600 out of the equation, go to the pound shop and buy a very small FM radio. It will probably be about the same size, and means carrying around just the same number of devices

Guest targetbsp

Updated from N98 to N106 yesterday and I'm pretty sure (in an un-scientific way) that the battery life isn't great on N106. Anyone else noticed similar in recent versions or am I imagining it?