[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest emc02
Updated from N98 to N106 yesterday and I'm pretty sure (in an un-scientific way) that the battery life isn't great on N106. Anyone else noticed similar in recent versions or am I imagining it?

I have updated today to N107 and it could be that battery life is shorter than on N100, but i also tested it in an unscientific way ;-)

Guest k0zmic
I have updated today to N107 and it could be that battery life is shorter than on N100, but i also tested it in an unscientific way ;-)

Having the FM Radio app seems to drain battery (from what I've heard).

I think this was the case on Froyo ROM's too.

Guest rockstarszzzz

my stand-by time (with email and facebook sync real time on) on N106 is from 10 am yesterday till right now. I still have 48% battery left. Haven't updated to N107 yet. I downloaded N106 as soon as my ROM manager notified me and havent charged since.

HOWEVER what I have noticed is FM Radio freezes the screen (did it on N105, N106 and now N107) and only way to re-activate is, to power off screen and power on again - anyone having same issues?

Edited by rockstarszzzz

Guest Amphoras
updated to 107 from Latest Kang (burstlam I think)

lost buttons in status bar from tablet tweak

went back

That change hasn't been merged yet. Burstlam's build included some unmerged changes, so until it appears in the change log on the first page of this thread, it won't be in the proper builds.

Guest sej7278

do you mean using the app, or just having it installed?

i hope they haven't broken libaudio.so again!

Guest k0zmic
do you mean using the app, or just having it installed?

i hope they haven't broken libaudio.so again!

Just having it installed, this is from what I've seen in other threads from other people so I can't confirm myself.

This seems to be the case on Froyo ROM's too.

I don't think it's broken thankfully.

Guest rockstarszzzz
my stand-by time (with email and facebook sync real time on) on N106 is from 10 am yesterday till right now. I still have 48% battery left. Haven't updated to N107 yet. I downloaded N106 as soon as my ROM manager notified me and havent charged since.

HOWEVER what I have noticed is FM Radio freezes the screen (did it on N105, N106 and now N107) and only way to re-activate is, to power off screen and power on again - anyone having same issues?

This PLUS:

My 'back button' the hardware key - stays green ALL the time!! On charge, without charge, standby, with notification without notification! - only happens with CM7. Anyone having same issue? or know how to get around these issues?

Guest Pondlife

Read elsewhere that an led testing app from the market might help, but that was with people for whom plugging it in to usb switched the led off anyway so may not help.

Guest frankjr

Yeah. I had the same issue with 105 and 106, but I dont have it with Ginger Stir Fry.

Guest rockstarszzzz
Yeah. I had the same issue with 105 and 106, but I dont have it with Ginger Stir Fry.

Sorry to be daft, but what's the difference between CM7 gingerbread, gingerbread stir fry and vanilla gingerbread? :s I am very new to android and blade is my first android device, so now familiar with all these terms!

Guest k0zmic
Sorry to be daft, but what's the difference between CM7 gingerbread, gingerbread stir fry and vanilla gingerbread? :s I am very new to android and blade is my first android device, so now familiar with all these terms!

Gingerbread Stir Fry/Vanilla GB are based on that Official ZTE Gingerbread leak.

CM7 is from the Android Open Source Project (AOSP).

Guest rockstarszzzz
Gingerbread Stir Fry/Vanilla GB are based on that Official ZTE Gingerbread leak.

CM7 is from the Android Open Source Project (AOSP).

Generally speaking is AOSP better than Official ZTE? (I read somewhere that ZTE wasn't even sure for 2.2 android update)

Guest k0zmic
Are they gonna make menu scrolling smoother in CM7? Menu scrolling works pretty nicely in Ginger Stir Fry ROM.

They're looking into it.

Guest Len Ash
Are they gonna make menu scrolling smoother in CM7? Menu scrolling works pretty nicely in Ginger Stir Fry ROM.

Use the stock GB launcher in lieu of ADW

Guest ufoman
Use the stock GB launcher in lieu of ADW

Heh, he meant menu scrolling, not launcher. You know better than me that it's smooth on leak and slightly choppy on CM7.

Guest rockstarszzzz
Heh, he meant menu scrolling, not launcher. You know better than me that it's smooth on leak and slightly choppy on CM7.

I am much happier with CM7's lag as far as the benchmark score goes - 1311 !

Whereas Stir Fry after all max optimization gave me 831!

Guest tsddave

Ive tried every launcher and have now settled for the GO launcher.

Ive never had an issue with it in over a months worth of heavy use and there is no lag no matter what effects I select it to do.

I am using 101 right now with no issues and the best battery stats ever.

I have steered clear of the recent updates due to the much talked about issues.

I noticed though that some are speaking well of the new 108.

Anyone using 108 with any input?

Is this one finally worth the upgrade?

Edited by tsddave

Guest Ciels
Ive tried every launcher and have now settled for the GO launcher.

Ive never had an issue with it in over a months worth of heavy use and there is no lag no matter what effects I select it to do.

I am using 101 right now with no issues and the best battery stats ever.

I have steered clear of the recent updates due to the much talked about issues.

I noticed though that some are speaking well of the new 108.

There is lag compared to launcher pro, since it doesn't function as fast as it should.

It should also be said that launcher pro is faster for accessing applications and getting to your homescreen.

Generally GO launcher comes in second best for the blade.

Guest rockstarszzzz

I've forgotten how 101 was, but 108 is way better than 105-107. Many issues don't bother any more like Superuser, battery due to FM, FM freezing screens etc. However, I've just had 4-5 hours of playing time so something might pop up later on in the day.

The lag with drawer is obviously still there, but replacing it with ADW EX or LauncherPro does the trick. I've been listening to music since last 95 minutes, and have drained only 6% of my battery. 5 hours of use in total (includes standy) and I've got 92% battery remaining.

Will try and update this post :)

Guest Andr0ider

Please advice CM7 ROM version (build, package) which is 100% GPS bug free.

No matter how old it is (preferable for it to be Gen2 ROM). Traveled yesterday and after my OSF was unexpectedly rebooted due to GPS bug it damaged SD card with all my GPS nav applications. damn

Guest k0zmic
Please advice CM7 ROM version (build, package) which is 100% GPS bug free.

No matter how old it is (preferable for it to be Gen2 ROM). Traveled yesterday and after my OSF was unexpectedly rebooted due to GPS bug it damaged SD card with all my GPS nav applications. damn

I think it's pot luck whether each version reboots or not.

It shouldn't reboot after it does once. If it does reboot, try install KK's GPS Fix.