[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp
Updated from N98 to N106 yesterday and I'm pretty sure (in an un-scientific way) that the battery life isn't great on N106. Anyone else noticed similar in recent versions or am I imagining it?

Hmm.. I downgraded to N104 and it was fine then i upgraded to N108 and it's also fine. False alarm I guess. Maybe some background app going haywire.

Guest shadowninty

Can someone upload their ./extract-files.sh and ./unzip-files.sh as I get this error

ciaran@Lenovo-G560:~/android/system/device/zte/blade$ ./extract-files.sh

bash: ./extract-files.sh: No such file or directory

I'm trying to compile CM and this is driving me karzee

FIXED IT.

Edited by shadowninty

Guest sambartle
Please advice CM7 ROM version (build, package) which is 100% GPS bug free.

No matter how old it is (preferable for it to be Gen2 ROM). Traveled yesterday and after my OSF was unexpectedly rebooted due to GPS bug it damaged SD card with all my GPS nav applications. damn

I've never found a version of CM yet that doesnt do it..

Usually its just the first time after each cold boot it crashes (I can reproduce it 100% by removing battery, powering on and opening maps).. but last week it did it 4 times in a row when google.com requested location access in the browser.. until i realised what was causing it I was about to throw it out the window of the car.

KK's fix works fine for me :) Highly Recommended.

Edited by sambartle

Guest Andr0ider
I've never found a version of CM yet that doesnt do it.. (I only recently moved to CM roms from Modaco ones)

Usually its just the first time after each cold boot it crashes.. but last week it did it 4 times in a row when google.com requested location access in the browser.. until i realised what was causing it I was about to throw it out the window of the car.

KK's fix works fine for me :) Highly Recommended.

Tried it as well, and a new reboot happend just as soon as I installed the patch. Will try it again.

Guest Movisman

Hi all,

I just moved from FLB Froyo r10 which I was running for ages, but finally decided to take the plunge, update to Gen2 and give CM7 a whirl.

The Gen2 update worked flawlessly, really excellent work by wbaw on this - and CM7 is also working like a charm, no GPS reboots as of yet (although i'm sure they will come!!).

The only thing which is giving me a real hassle is the battery drain, it's going down at a serious rate. After installing N107 last night I left the phone off charge all night, and when I woke up 6 hours later the battery had dropped by 32% already. The phone was definitely in a full-sleep state, had to use the power button to wake it up. Gmail is set to sync automatically, Facebook, Twitter and Snowstorm (weather widget) every 4 hours, and the news and weather widget once a day. I have Launcher Pro installed instead of ADW.

Anybody got any tips on where I can start to try and track down the rogue app causing the drain (i've only installed the same apps which were on the phone before and it was fine then), or whether there is an issue with the ROM? I've not had to do this before as the FLB ROM had excellent battery life from the start.

I have since updated to N108 so will run this for a few days to see if it settles down, but any help greatly apprecriated.

Cheers

Guest tsddave
There is lag compared to launcher pro, since it doesn't function as fast as it should.

It should also be said that launcher pro is faster for accessing applications and getting to your homescreen.

Generally GO launcher comes in second best for the blade.

Please dont speak like your opinions are facts.

In my experience Go launcher shows no real differences to launcher pro in terms of speed on the blade. I do however note some very minor improvements with it on my Android tablet. All our blades are different though in terms of model (Mines a UK Orange san fran for example) and of course the software and the SD cards we have on them.

Lets not make the mistake of thinking we are all on an even playing field with exactly the same kit.

Guest rockstarszzzz
Hi all,

I just moved from FLB Froyo r10 which I was running for ages, but finally decided to take the plunge, update to Gen2 and give CM7 a whirl.

The Gen2 update worked flawlessly, really excellent work by wbaw on this - and CM7 is also working like a charm, no GPS reboots as of yet (although i'm sure they will come!!).

The only thing which is giving me a real hassle is the battery drain, it's going down at a serious rate. After installing N107 last night I left the phone off charge all night, and when I woke up 6 hours later the battery had dropped by 32% already. The phone was definitely in a full-sleep state, had to use the power button to wake it up. Gmail is set to sync automatically, Facebook, Twitter and Snowstorm (weather widget) every 4 hours, and the news and weather widget once a day. I have Launcher Pro installed instead of ADW.

Anybody got any tips on where I can start to try and track down the rogue app causing the drain (i've only installed the same apps which were on the phone before and it was fine then), or whether there is an issue with the ROM? I've not had to do this before as the FLB ROM had excellent battery life from the start.

I have since updated to N108 so will run this for a few days to see if it settles down, but any help greatly apprecriated.

Cheers

Hi Movisman

You have done a very wise thing by updating it to N108! - I had similar unknown battery drain in N105, N106 and N107. Someone mentioned it's sole presence of FM Radio. It doesn't matter if you use it or not. But that is what's causing the issue (perhaps?). However, this is what I have done, I am going to remove FM Radio from N108 this afternoon. If you go a page earlier, you will see my post, where I mentioned about about 8% battery drain in 4 hours using N108. At that time I had FM Radio. I am now going to see if I remove the FM Radio, will it stop the battery drain. If you want, give that a go too (obviously if you don't use FM Radio like me!)

Also, I must agree, SSR5 and FLB - gave me real strong battery especially on stand by mode. CM7 does leak a little from time to time, but some nightlies work, some dont. As they say - they are nightlies, so there are no guarantees, but stable 7.0.3 isn't any closer to recent N108!

Guest vortexPC

wifi fix - old driver is working just fine

Ive been updating NLys ad they roll out, but my wifi keep on failing to connect, so i use the market app "blade wifi".

Today i decided to roll back to n94 with old wifi driver, and all seems to work just fine, no more app to do the job.

My question is, can i put the old wifi driver on the latest nightlys? Rootexplorer it :)

Cheers,

PC

Guest k0zmic
Someone mentioned it's sole presence of FM Radio. It doesn't matter if you use it or not. But that is what's causing the issue (perhaps?). However, this is what I have done, I am going to remove FM Radio from N108 this afternoon. If you go a page earlier, you will see my post, where I mentioned about about 8% battery drain in 4 hours using N108. At that time I had FM Radio. I am now going to see if I remove the FM Radio, will it stop the battery drain. If you want, give that a go too (obviously if you don't use FM Radio like me!)

I suggested it but it's not way definitive, it's just what I've seen from other posters so it's by no means conclusive but it is plausible since this seemed to be the case on Froyo ROM's too. Thanks for testing it though, hopefully it'll show whether it is the FM Radio app or something else entirely.

Guest Movisman
Hi Movisman

You have done a very wise thing by updating it to N108! - I had similar unknown battery drain in N105, N106 and N107. Someone mentioned it's sole presence of FM Radio. It doesn't matter if you use it or not. But that is what's causing the issue (perhaps?). However, this is what I have done, I am going to remove FM Radio from N108 this afternoon. If you go a page earlier, you will see my post, where I mentioned about about 8% battery drain in 4 hours using N108. At that time I had FM Radio. I am now going to see if I remove the FM Radio, will it stop the battery drain. If you want, give that a go too (obviously if you don't use FM Radio like me!)

Also, I must agree, SSR5 and FLB - gave me real strong battery especially on stand by mode. CM7 does leak a little from time to time, but some nightlies work, some dont. As they say - they are nightlies, so there are no guarantees, but stable 7.0.3 isn't any closer to recent N108!

I suggested it but it's not way definitive, it's just what I've seen from other posters so it's by no means conclusive but it is plausible since this seemed to be the case on Froyo ROM's too. Thanks for testing it though, hopefully it'll show whether it is the FM Radio app or something else entirely.

Hi guys,

I'm happy to try this as well as I don't use the FM radio at all. I will just remove or freeze it with Titanium Backup and see if it helps? The battery is draining so fast i'm up for trying anything which could make a difference.

Just to throw it out there, FM Radio was also pre-installed with FLB Froyo G2 r10 and I had no battery issues with this ROM.

Cheers

Guest rockstarszzzz
I've forgotten how 101 was, but 108 is way better than 105-107. Many issues don't bother any more like Superuser, battery due to FM, FM freezing screens etc. However, I've just had 4-5 hours of playing time so something might pop up later on in the day.

The lag with drawer is obviously still there, but replacing it with ADW EX or LauncherPro does the trick. I've been listening to music since last 95 minutes, and have drained only 6% of my battery. 5 hours of use in total (includes standy) and I've got 92% battery remaining.

Will try and update this post :)

So now it's been 9 hours - mostly standby, includes 3 texts, 1 back up and 95 minutes of music. - my battery is 82%

I have removed by FM Radio in order to see if that will maintain good amount of battery!

Guest rockstarszzzz
Hi guys,

I'm happy to try this as well as I don't use the FM radio at all. I will just remove or freeze it with Titanium Backup and see if it helps? The battery is draining so fast i'm up for trying anything which could make a difference.

Just to throw it out there, FM Radio was also pre-installed with FLB Froyo G2 r10 and I had no battery issues with this ROM.

Cheers

That situation now reminds me of the days when I had WinMo 6.1, then upgraded it to WinMo 6.5 and then to WinMo 6.5.3/6.5.5 - Never ever did any 6.5 or 6.5.x cook successfully got robust battery like WinMo 6.1!!

Probably same with Android? 2.3 worse than 2.2 in general when it's down to battery management?

Guest targetbsp

I early commented I thought I had a battery problem in N106 (that was OK in N104 and now also fine in N108)

I uninstalled the radio app within 30 seconds of the first boot of N106 (amongst many other things I don't use). So I don't think it's that...

Also, I'm sure you had to actually use the radio in Froyo, and then it drained the battery...

Edited by targetbsp

Guest rockstarszzzz
I early commented I thought I had a battery problem in N106 (that was OK in N104 and now also fine in N108)

I uninstalled the radio app within 30 seconds of the first boot of N106 (amongst many other things I don't use). So I don't think it's that...

Also, I'm sure you had to actually use the radio in Froyo, and then it drained the battery...

So you have a good battery life so far on N108? - most likely not as good as 2.2 ROMs though. Please do update me with how it plays along on N108, as am quite curious with the whole battery thing. The only thing that keeps playing on back of my mind is switching back to 2.2 solely for getting good battery! But then the 'beauty' and 'benchmark' pulls me back to CM7!! :)

Guest targetbsp
So you have a good battery life so far on N108? - most likely not as good as 2.2 ROMs though. Please do update me with how it plays along on N108, as am quite curious with the whole battery thing. The only thing that keeps playing on back of my mind is switching back to 2.2 solely for getting good battery! But then the 'beauty' and 'benchmark' pulls me back to CM7!! :)

In general, CM's battery life is fine. I can get 6 hours of playing Grand Prix Story out of N98. I've had standby times of several days on previous versions with hardly any use. Probably 4 days average with my normal light use. I can't yet guarantee N108 is that good having only had it a few hours but it seems better than whatever i did to drain my N106 in a little over a day with hardly any use.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp
In general, CM's battery life is fine. I can get 6 hours of playing Grand Prix Story out of N98. I've had standby times of several days on previous versions with hardly any use. Probably 4 days average with my normal light use. I can't yet guarantee N108 is that good having only had it a few hours but it seems better than whatever i did to drain my N106 in a little over a day with hardly any use.

In the interests of science I am spending the rest of the afternoon charging my phone in preparation for a marathon GP Story session this evening. It's a shame I have to spend the evening gaming. But it can't be helped. Sometimes you gotta make sacrifices for the benefit of the online community. :)

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Malfis

I highly suggest to who have problems with failing wifi to install app Wifi Static. It helps me, after waking up, connected in one sec.

Guest rockstarszzzz
In the interests of science I am spending the rest of the afternoon charging my phone in preparation for a marathon GP Story session this evening. It's a shame I have to spend the evening gaming. But it can't be helped. Sometimes you gotta make sacrifices for the benefit of the online community. :D

Thanks a lot for that :)

I won't be gaming solely because I might lose my job for doing that, but I will surely try and listen to as much music as I can and see how much can I drain B)

Edited by rockstarszzzz

Guest shadowninty

============================================

find: `out/target/common/docs/gen': No such file or directory

build/core/Makefile:21: warning: overriding commands for target `out/target/product/blade/system/lib/hw/lights.msm7k.so'

build/core/base_rules.mk:479: warning: ignoring old commands for target `out/target/product/blade/system/lib/hw/lights.msm7k.so'

build/core/Makefile:21: warning: overriding commands for target `out/target/product/blade/system/usr/keylayout/qwerty.kl'

sdk/emulator/keymaps/Android.mk:13: warning: ignoring old commands for target `out/target/product/blade/system/usr/keylayout/qwerty.kl'

No private recovery resources for TARGET_DEVICE blade

host C: mkbootfs <= system/core/cpio/mkbootfs.c

host C: acp <= build/tools/acp/acp.c

host C: libhost <= build/libs/host/CopyFile.c

host C++: libhost <= build/libs/host/pseudolocalize.cpp

In file included from /usr/include/features.h:388:0,

from /usr/include/stdio.h:28,

from system/core/cpio/mkbootfs.c:2:

/usr/include/gnu/stubs.h:7:27: fatal error: gnu/stubs-32.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

make: *** [out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/mkbootfs_intermediates/mkbootfs.o] Error 1

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

from /usr/include/stdlib.h:25,

from build/tools/acp/acp.c:11:

/usr/include/gnu/stubs.h:7:27: fatal error: gnu/stubs-32.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

make: *** [out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/acp_intermediates/acp.o] Error 1

from /usr/include/sys/stat.h:27,

from build/libs/host/include/host/CopyFile.h:5,

from build/libs/host/CopyFile.c:11:

compilation terminated.

make: *** [out/host/linux-x86/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libhost_intermediates/CopyFile.o] Error 1

from /usr/include/c++/4.5/x86_64-linux-gnu/32/bits/os_defines.h:39,

from /usr/include/c++/4.5/x86_64-linux-gnu/32/bits/c++config.h:275,

from /usr/include/c++/4.5/string:40,

from build/libs/host/include/host/pseudolocalize.h:4,

from build/libs/host/pseudolocalize.cpp:1:

compilation terminated.

make: *** [out/host/linux-x86/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libhost_intermediates/pseudolocalize.o] Error 1

Can anyone understand how to fix this? :L

Guest sej7278

compilation terminated.

make: *** [out/host/linux-x86/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libhost_intermediates/pseudolocalize.o] Error 1

Can anyone understand how to fix this? :L

need to know what linux distro/version you're using, its basically missing some 32-bit libraries on your 64-bit system.

on debian you need libc6-dev-i386, on fedora you'd need glibc-devel.i686

if you get this kind of error again on debian/ubuntu use "apt-file search gnu/stubs-32.h" and on fedora/redhat it's "yum whatprovides *gnu/stubs-32.h"

Edited by sej7278

Guest shadowninty
need to know what linux distro/version you're using, its basically missing some 32-bit libraries on your 64-bit system.

on debian you need libc6-dev-i386, on fedora you'd need glibc-devel.i686

if you get this kind of error again on debian/ubuntu use "apt-file search gnu/stubs-32.h" and on fedora/redhat it's "yum whatprovides *gnu/stubs-32.h"

I'm using Ubuntu 11.04, you're solution seems to be working! :)

I <3 u

How did you know, may I ask?

Gahhh B)

echo out/host/linux-x86/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libhost_intermediates/pseudolocalize.o out/host/linux-x86/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libhost_intermediates/CopyFile.o | xargs ar crsP  out/host/linux-x86/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libhost_intermediates/libhost.a

target SharedLib: libdl (out/target/product/bravo/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libdl_intermediates/LINKED/libdl.so)

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.5.2/libstdc++.so when searching for -lstdc++

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.5.2/libstdc++.a when searching for -lstdc++

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lstdc++

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/mkbootfs_intermediates/mkbootfs] Error 1

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Edited by shadowninty

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
In the interests of science I am spending the rest of the afternoon charging my phone in preparation for a marathon GP Story session this evening. It's a shame I have to spend the evening gaming. But it can't be helped. Sometimes you gotta make sacrifices for the benefit of the online community. :)

I've found Grand Prix story to be really battery draining. Considering it's what i'm usually on at work (It's a zoo, it was raining, it was a quiet day) I had to bring my charger in. It alos made my phone lock up completely about 3 times. Weird for anything on Android really. It's a bloody good game though.

Is it normal that after I upgrade to N108 all of my /system partition is "full" and nothing else could be written to it?

Since I used CM7 I've always tried to add Google apps like maps and voice search using a zip file through the recovery, but every time they failed to install and I couldn't figure out why.

Only today I found out that the /system partition is "full" (df -h on the terminal showed me that all of the 136mb were used)

So I went and removed from /system/app some apk files that I don't need (like rom manager and CM wallpapers)

Only after that I managed install the gapps I wanted to the /system/app dir.

My question is is it normal that after I install CM7 all of the /system partition is "full"? (all 136mb)

And if it is normal how can I prevent this happening the next time I upgrade a nightly? (can apps be removed "in advance" from the rom zip file?)

Thanks.