[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp
I've found Grand Prix story to be really battery draining. Considering it's what i'm usually on at work (It's a zoo, it was raining, it was a quiet day) I had to bring my charger in. It alos made my phone lock up completely about 3 times. Weird for anything on Android really. It's a bloody good game though.

I've completed it twice without any lockups on an overclocked phone. You overclocking? Maybe a touch too high?

It sometimes randomly slows down though mid race. Pressing menu then back recovers it. My friend thinks it's something to do with the screen rotation.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest iKrautDroid
I've completed it twice without any lockups on an overclocked phone. You overclocking? Maybe a touch too high?

It sometimes randomly slows down though mid race. Pressing menu then back recovers it. My friend thinks it's something to do with the screen rotation.

I had lots of lockups when I was using the cm7 overclocking and things were much smoother while using setcpu.

Or did i imagine it?

Guest Amphoras
Is it normal that after I upgrade to N108 all of my /system partition is "full" and nothing else could be written to it?

Since I used CM7 I've always tried to add Google apps like maps and voice search using a zip file through the recovery, but every time they failed to install and I couldn't figure out why.

Only today I found out that the /system partition is "full" (df -h on the terminal showed me that all of the 136mb were used)

So I went and removed from /system/app some apk files that I don't need (like rom manager and CM wallpapers)

Only after that I managed install the gapps I wanted to the /system/app dir.

My question is is it normal that after I install CM7 all of the /system partition is "full"? (all 136mb)

And if it is normal how can I prevent this happening the next time I upgrade a nightly? (can apps be removed "in advance" from the rom zip file?)

Thanks.

As more stuff is added, the rom will get larger over time. Before you flash it, you can unzip it, remove the apps you don't want, add the ones you do, then rezip it and flash it like normal. For maps theres a couple of other files that are in the gapps zip that you have to add as well. Don't remember right now what they are.

Guest sej7278
I'm using Ubuntu 11.04, you're solution seems to be working! :)

I <3 u

How did you know, may I ask?

seen it loads of times before when compiling 32-bit stuff on 64-bit systems - and the end of the error told you what the problem was.

your next missing library should be fixed by installing ia32-libs, which should pull in g++-multilib and libstdc++-dev

Edited by sej7278

As more stuff is added, the rom will get larger over time. Before you flash it, you can unzip it, remove the apps you don't want, add the ones you do, then rezip it and flash it like normal. For maps theres a couple of other files that are in the gapps zip that you have to add as well. Don't remember right now what they are.

So the next time I upgrade a nightly I only need to delete the .apk files I don't want from the /system/app folder inside the rom zip file?

Or are there any other files needed to be deleted from other folders too?

And is there anyway to resize the /system partition and make it larger? (larger than 136mb)

Thanks.

Guest Amphoras
So the next time I upgrade a nightly I only need to delete the .apk files I don't want from the /system/app folder inside the rom zip file?

Or are there any other files needed to be deleted from other folders too?

And is there anyway to resize the /system partition and make it larger? (larger than 136mb)

Thanks.

Yep, you can just delete the apks you don't want.

If you upgraded to Gen 2 by TPT, you can flash another one to give a larger system partition. There are ones for 140 and 160mb systems in the thread. If your phone came as Gen 2, then I assume you repartitioned it already to get a 136mb system. If so, then you can do the same thing using a different layout from that thread to get a larger system partition.

Guest shadowninty
seen it loads of times before when compiling 32-bit stuff on 64-bit systems - and the end of the error told you what the problem was.

your next missing library should be fixed by installing ia32-libs, which should pull in g++-multilib and libstdc++-dev

The only one that was missing was g++-multilib.

Hope it works this time and thanks for your help sej :)

Another error. sigh perhaps ill give up

Edited by shadowninty

Guest simonckenyon
So now it's been 9 hours - mostly standby, includes 3 texts, 1 back up and 95 minutes of music. - my battery is 82%

I have removed by FM Radio in order to see if that will maintain good amount of battery!

that is 2% per hour. that equates to 50 hours per full charge. pretty good.

Guest sej7278
that is 2% per hour. that equates to 50 hours per full charge. pretty good.

my phone's at over 14 hours uptime and battery is at 90%, mostly idle but some wifi, i'd say its pretty good. but then i haven't installed a nightly with the radio in it....

Guest CaptainSpectacular

FM radio just hang the touchscreen for me on n108 if I play a little with the frequency searching buttons. The only solution, remove battery... :)

Guest TheDOC1
FM radio just hang the touchscreen for me on n108 if I play a little with the frequency searching buttons. The only solution, remove battery... :)
Can confirm it here. But I could fix it by using the power button to put the blade on stand by and wake it up again.

Guest targetbsp
In the interests of science I am spending the rest of the afternoon charging my phone in preparation for a marathon GP Story session this evening. It's a shame I have to spend the evening gaming. But it can't be helped. Sometimes you gotta make sacrifices for the benefit of the online community. :)

The in use battery life is pretty much fine. The standby battery life however... not so much. On N106/N108 I lost 8% and 14% overnight. Not terrible... except it was airplaned and N104/N98 would lose 1% in the same time. So... with no interest in FM, I'm sticking on N104 for a while now I reckon!

Guest targetbsp
and how about n109? is it better? In battery life?

I doubt it, nothing has changed blade-wise in the changelog. It takes a while to test so I won't be testing again personally until a change that interests me, or that potentially fixes it, has been added to CM7. :)

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Orbbman
and how about n109? is it better? In battery life?

I've got a battery drain from 100% to 78% in 4 hours, slightly using Whatsapp and Toggle2G (mobile internet always activated). That doesn't satisfy me...

Had LauncherPro in mind to be the battery killer but a change to ADW Launcher Ex made no difference. :)

Guest shadowninty

Still more compiling errors. I cant diagnose them, others can :)

host Executable: aapt (out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/aapt_intermediates/aapt)

Copying: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/core_intermediates/classes.jar

Install: out/host/linux-x86/bin/dx

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.5.2/../../../libz.so when searching for -lz

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.5.2/../../../libz.a when searching for -lz

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libz.so when searching for -lz

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libz.a when searching for -lz

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lz

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/aapt_intermediates/aapt] Error 1

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Aidl: framework <= frameworks/base/core/java/android/app/IActivityPendingResult.aidl

Aidl: framework <= frameworks/base/core/java/android/app/IActivityWatcher.aidl

Guest shadowninty
Try using this tutorial:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=775505

compare it with the official cyanogen guide for the blade, and substitute the necessary commands

I actually tried the Desire guide but no luck either :)

Maybe it doesnt work on Natty B)

I installed the extra packages as directed (500MB!) and its gotten the furthest ever compiling

Edited by shadowninty