[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

What video player do you guys use with this ROM?

I used RockPlayer with the Jellyfish ROM but now with the CM7 that one only plays sound (the screen is black). I also tried VPlayer with no success.

(I should perhaps mention that the stock Android player works fine but it’s useless)

mvideoplayer is really good. :D

Guest Schwinni
does anyone know where to get the most recent gapps-addon for CM? I still have an old version here, but would like to have the newest!

gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip is the latest version.

You could use some of my Google Apps packages to update the ones from gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip during installation:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...tem-2011-03-30/

Guest campyr

i've been "in" from the begining and i'm sad to say just installed "RC4" to -day and the dreaded battery drain has reared it's ugly head again 5% in 2 hour with no use what so ever. previous install n 23 i think was like 1 or 2 % over 12 hours.

but i'm sure the boys will do their stuff and get it nailed keep up the good work, much appreciated

Guest Frankish
i've been "in" from the begining and i'm sad to say just installed "RC4" to -day and the dreaded battery drain has reared it's ugly head again 5% in 2 hour with no use what so ever. previous install n 23 i think was like 1 or 2 % over 12 hours.

but i'm sure the boys will do their stuff and get it nailed keep up the good work, much appreciated

Hmm in what range was this battery drop? Mine has been fine today. Only had it on for a few hours but battery drain in standby seems the same as previous roms.

Guest hugobosslives
gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip is the latest version.

You could use some of my Google Apps packages to update the ones from gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip during installation:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...tem-2011-03-30/

can a litrally just wack them into the "gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip" zip. or do they then have to be signed and stuff....

cos normally i install them seperately but would be better to just put one zip on each time....

cheers

Guest Schwinni
can a litrally just wack them into the "gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip" zip. or do they then have to be signed and stuff....

cos normally i install them seperately but would be better to just put one zip on each time....

cheers

I don't know what happens when the package is not signed.

The other problem is, that for some apps (e.g. Sky Maps) the old version isn't deleted by the update script in gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip.

But still, you can put the APKs into gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip and try it. B)

If you like, I can build you a version containing the apps you want. But use the addon thread for that, please. :D

Guest campyr
Hmm in what range was this battery drop? Mine has been fine today. Only had it on for a few hours but battery drain in standby seems the same as previous roms.

maybe being a bit premature with first post just checked and that's 3 hours now and still on 95% i have noticed before (other people have remarked on it as well) that it drops a bit after initial charge then seems okay. i never wiped the battery stats on install so I'm not sure of where the drain is coming from but the battery stats are pointing towards "mobile standby"

Guest mELIANTE

cheers

That's what I do... Just put /system from gapps inside the update CM7 .zip.

Guest Frankish
maybe being a bit premature with first post just checked and that's 3 hours now and still on 95% i have noticed before (other people have remarked on it as well) that it drops a bit after initial charge then seems okay. i never wiped the battery stats on install so I'm not sure of where the drain is coming from but the battery stats are pointing towards "mobile standby"

Pah that is fine. Keep an eye on it and i'm sure it will stick at 95% for a long time now.

Guest hugobosslives
I don't know what happens when the package is not signed.

The other problem is, that for some apps (e.g. Sky Maps) the old version isn't deleted by the update script in gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip.

But still, you can put the APKs into gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip and try it. B)

If you like, I can build you a version containing the apps you want. But use the addon thread for that, please. :D

it would be good if you if you put up a zip with all the gapps + updated ones in with the 20110311 zip thingy and sign them all and then people could just open it up and delete the ones they don't want. (just a thought)

EDIT: sorry just read that you wanted this on your thread, sorry, my bad, done it now.....

That's what I do... Just put /system from gapps inside the update CM7 .zip.

we are talking about the updated gapps not just integrating the normals ones into cm7 zip

but....what about the META-INF folder. is this not needed?

Edited by hugobosslives

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
Pah that is fine. Keep an eye on it and i'm sure it will stick at 95% for a long time now.

Odd, mine stuck at 95 for a while too...

Have to say, I'm holding out higher hopes for RC4, N32 drained quite quickly indeed, or at least in a very peculiar way.

However, after being stuck on 95%, I played Angry Birds for a good 20mins or so...And dropped to 80%.

15% from 20 mins of AB is very good, i'd say.

And then lost 3% in 5 mins of Wifi, ho hum, what else do we expect from a 1250mAh battery?

Guest Michealtbh

Im happy to get a day out of my battery. Its a smartphone and I dont expect it to last any longer. If it does then thats just a bonus. Atm on RC4 Im getting about a day from moderate to heavy use, which Im more than happy with

Guest mELIANTE
we are talking about the updated gapps not just integrating the normals ones into cm7 zip

but....what about the META-INF folder. is this not needed?

Got it wrong, sorry.

Guest mELIANTE
Im happy to get a day out of my battery. Its a smartphone and I dont expect it to last any longer. If it does then thats just a bonus. Atm on RC4 Im getting about a day from moderate to heavy use, which Im more than happy with

When will people get that that's not the problem? The problem is that in FroYo, with similar use, the battery lasted longer. Geez... :D

Edited by mELIANTE

Guest Fou-lu
Can we expect the stable version to have smooth home and menu scrolling?

N25+ has smooth scrolling, mostly depends the launcher, ADW EX is perfect for it, or the gingerbread launcher, the original ADW sucks though..

Guest sorrowuk

Does RC4 still have the following issues:

1. Turns off after you stop using GPS ?

2. The accelerometer is really slow and weird after a while

Guest Saransh Agarwal

Hey what about the radio by t0mm13b any advances of it being merged in upcoming versions ????

Edited by Saransh Agarwal

Guest reluctant_traveller
When will people get that that's not the problem? The problem is that in FroYo, with similar use, the battery lasted longer. Geez... :D

Didn't the battery last even longer in eclair?

I think people need to think about what they want to use their phone for; a multi-media gaming system (!) or a device for communication.

Why can't someone just make a hardware mod that allows a larger capacity battery to be fitted; perhaps make the device 4mm thicker or something.

Guest KACE_231

Im desperate to install this ROM but I need to ensure certain key bugs are fixed, can someone confirm these:

1. WiFi works with no issue, still disconnects when the phone sleeps when set to do so?

2. Proximity Sensor correctly

3. GPS (though this is not a major issue for me)

4. Anything else that is major?

Thanks

Guest zerosignull
Im desperate to install this ROM but I need to ensure certain key bugs are fixed, can someone confirm these:

1. WiFi works with no issue, still disconnects when the phone sleeps when set to do so?

2. Proximity Sensor correctly

3. GPS (though this is not a major issue for me)

4. Anything else that is major?

Thanks

2. Worked very well for me in RC3