[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Movisman

Hi guys,

So, i'm on N108 and did a bit of 'real life' testing yesterday with regards to battery life, and unfortunately it was a minor disaster!

I froze the FM Radio app before starting just in case this was having an effect as some people were suggesting.

Pulled the phone off the charger at 11am, as I was going to Hyde Park for the day. Sadly, the battery was dead by 10:30pm, so it lasted less than 12 hours. This was with just 5 minutes of phone calls, about 10 minutes of Google Maps/GPS, a little browsing to check train times, about 5 texts, and the odd check of the phone every now and then. No WiFi/BT/GPS (only aforementioned GPS for 10 minutes), brightness only at about 25%.

I was so concerned with the rate of battery depletion I even forced 2g only for an hour or so near the end of the evening, just so I could use my phone if there was a tube closure, train delay, etc, etc.

So, all in all N108 was not good for me, and as I mentioned before I have no apps which I didn't already have installed using Flib's 2.2 ROM.

Targetbsp - you say N104 is better for battery life, do you know if I can get away with going backwards from N108 to N104 without wiping? Otherwise I may try another ROM until the battery issues are resolved.

Everything else is working great (apart from one GPS reboot).

Cheers!

Guest rockstarszzzz
Hi guys,

So, i'm on N108 and did a bit of 'real life' testing yesterday with regards to battery life, and unfortunately it was a minor disaster!

I froze the FM Radio app before starting just in case this was having an effect as some people were suggesting.

Pulled the phone off the charger at 11am, as I was going to Hyde Park for the day. Sadly, the battery was dead by 10:30pm, so it lasted less than 12 hours. This was with just 5 minutes of phone calls, about 10 minutes of Google Maps/GPS, a little browsing to check train times, about 5 texts, and the odd check of the phone every now and then. No WiFi/BT/GPS (only aforementioned GPS for 10 minutes), brightness only at about 25%.

I was so concerned with the rate of battery depletion I even forced 2g only for an hour or so near the end of the evening, just so I could use my phone if there was a tube closure, train delay, etc, etc.

So, all in all N108 was not good for me, and as I mentioned before I have no apps which I didn't already have installed using Flib's 2.2 ROM.

Targetbsp - you say N104 is better for battery life, do you know if I can get away with going backwards from N108 to N104 without wiping? Otherwise I may try another ROM until the battery issues are resolved.

Everything else is working great (apart from one GPS reboot).

Cheers!

Hi Movisman,

Further to your experiment, I will add mine too.

As I mentioned earlier my phone showed 100% battery for nearly 5 hours of stand by and odd uses using N108. This sounded spooky to me, so I rebooted my phone to find out that my battery level now suggested 84% remaining!

I left my phone overnight in stand by - not text nothing. Internet off, wifi off, radio app removed and only alarm set for morning. When I woke up with alarm the remaining battery was 52% - shocking!

I then listened to music on bus for about 30 minutes and I had less than 15% left !!!

When I reached work and my battery level is 2%.

Recharged this phone and then am flashed the 'Diet Stir Fry' as it seems to have got rid of all 'force closing apps' and also got CM7 dialer in it. I am still charging my phone to 100% and will be reporting battery (in that thread). However, my first impression is - it's fast, smooth and lite! I have got all my apps installed using titanium. The only thing I am missing now is 'blacklist' feature from CM7. I have got the rest ALL!

I will wait till I get new reports for new nightlies that will have battery issue FIXED by CM.

Guest targetbsp
Targetbsp - you say N104 is better for battery life, do you know if I can get away with going backwards from N108 to N104 without wiping?

I did. :) And it's much, much, obviously better.

Guest tsddave

I was using 101 and just moved to 104.

I left the phone mostly on standby for 10hours 10mins.In this time someone tried calling me 5 times. I sent 2 sms and received 2 sms. Bat is now at 37%!

101 was giving me 2 days use. I will try the latest and see what I get from that one!

Guest Pondlife

Battery stats take a while to stabilise, so not sure what we can gain from one days usage.

Edited by Pondlife

Guest targetbsp
Battery stats take a while to stabilise, so not sure what we can gain from one days usage.

Well... batterystats are in data and I don't wipe... :)

Guest Roxxor91

Phone of my mother running with N106 was at 42% after 3 days lying on the table with 3G turned on... just watched a few times what the battery says :)

Guest targetbsp
Phone of my mother running with N106 was at 42% after 3 days lying on the table with 3G turned on... just watched a few times what the battery says :)

Weird how it varies. There are a few people on this and even on another forum I frequent that reckon the battery is bad on N106/N108. Maybe I actually need a wipe. B)

Guest KACE_231

I recently upgraded from n98 to n110, However now when I open android market it shows that there are "no market downloads" in the My Apps section, so i can no longer update my apps, anyone else having this problem?

Also when i search for an app, the ones that I currently have installed still appear as "installed" in the search menu.

How can I fix this

I recently upgraded from n98 to n110, However now when I open android market it shows that there are "no market downloads" in the My Apps section, so i can no longer update my apps, anyone else having this problem?

Also when i search for an app, the ones that I currently have installed still appear as "installed" in the search menu.

How can I fix this

That happened to me a few weeks ago, I just left it and they came back after a few days.

Guest Movisman

Yeah, I see what you're saying, although none of the other 2.2 ROMS i've used drained so fast on day one (with a full wipe).

I'm happy to run with it for a couple more days, but if it doesn't improve I have to change ROMs as it is currently unusable - I may try N104, N98, or give the new leak a whirl.

Cheers

Guest Pondlife

Wasn't so much about yours tbh as the rather random seeming usage that the other post showed.

Had better battery life with 98 with rather heavier usage than you seemed to, used that for quite a few days. Did have to charge it every day but given how much i play with it I'm expecting that tbh.

Playing with a few of the leak versions atm, but miss some of the features of CM7 including some probably that most aren't, having the notification bar at the bottom for one. :)

Edited by Pondlife

what does "PatchSupplied" mean?

A fix for a bug is submitted for review. If this review is positive, the fix is merged and the status changes to 'ShouldbeFixed'.

Guest Movisman
Wasn't so much about yours tbh as the rather random seeming usage that the other post showed.

Had better battery life with 98 with rather heavier usage than you seemed to, used that for quite a few days. Did have to charge it every day but given how much i play with it I'm expecting that tbh.

Playing with a few of the leak versions atm, but miss some of the features of CM7 including some probably that most aren't, having the notification bar at the bottom for one. :)

Hmmm, interesting. I don't mind having to charge my phone every night (I do this anyway) with moderate use. Unfortunately though i'm already down to 47% today - i've only played Angry Birds for 5 minutes and sent a couple of texts, no phonecalls. So it's not looking good again so far, think it'll be dead again by bedtime and i've hardly used it! B)

I may try going back to N98 or N104 tomorrow with no wipe, to see if that helps the battery life a little. I'll be happy if I can get the phone to comfortably last a day.

Cheers

P.S. One thing I just noticed, my back button is solid green, with no notifications and it's fully asleep. Anyone else get this? Sure it will go away with a reboot, but just wondering.

Guest Pondlife
P.S. One thing I just noticed, my back button is solid green, with no notifications and it's fully asleep. Anyone else get this? Sure it will go away with a reboot, but just wondering.

Known bug I think, there is an led check app that someone on thread said will reset it, or plugging in usb or power cable works too iirc.

Guest k0zmic
Hmmm, interesting. I don't mind having to charge my phone every night (I do this anyway) with moderate use. Unfortunately though i'm already down to 47% today - i've only played Angry Birds for 5 minutes and sent a couple of texts, no phonecalls. So it's not looking good again so far, think it'll be dead again by bedtime and i've hardly used it! :)

I may try going back to N98 or N104 tomorrow with no wipe, to see if that helps the battery life a little. I'll be happy if I can get the phone to comfortably last a day.

Cheers

Can you Check Settings > About > Battery use and Spare Parts for partial wake usage please?

Has a wakelock been kept 100% of the time?

Guest Movisman
Known bug I think, there is an led check app that someone on thread said will reset it, or plugging in usb or power cable works too iirc.

Ah, thanks a lot - plugging in USB and unplugging again made the light disappear :)

Cheers

Guest Movisman
Can you Check Settings > About > Battery use and Spare Parts for partial wake usage please?

Has a wakelock been kept 100% of the time?

Partial Wake usage in Spare Parts since last unplugged is Android System 3s, Dialler 0s and Google Services 0s - that's all that is listed?

Thanks

Guest k0zmic
Partial Wake usage in Spare Parts since last unplugged is Android System 3s, Dialler 0s and Google Services 0s - that's all that is listed?

Thanks

Ahh okay.

In the battery use one is the blue line for 'Awake' a constant blue or is it intermittent?

Guest Movisman
Ahh okay.

In the battery use one is the blue line for 'Awake' a constant blue or is it intermittent?

Hi,

Yep, its intermittent. The phone enters full sleep with no problem, but battery drain is still pretty crazy! :)

Guest k0zmic
Hi,

Yep, its intermittent. The phone enters full sleep with no problem, but battery drain is still pretty crazy! :)

That is very odd. Not sure what the problem is then.