[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Pondlife

So that'll be the next one that people flock to for ages after it's faults are well known and in many parts fixed in later nightlies. I wish they'd find a different name for them, one that doesn't imply that they work properly.

Guest k0zmic
So that'll be the next one that people flock to for ages after it's faults are well known and in many parts fixed in later nightlies. I wish they'd find a different name for them, one that doesn't imply that they work properly.

Yep that's probably true.

Maybe the first post should say 'Stable only means CM things are stable' or something like that.

Guest KACE_231
Please add suport for ZTE/HTC smart dialer in Cyanogenmod....

Download "GO Contacts" from the market, it is a much better version of the smart dialer, trust me

Guest Nudnik_de

I'm still not happy with the CM7 camera app. During some testing with the leaked GB version "Ginger Styr Fry" I realized that the camera app in there is delivering pretty good results. I tried to copy this app to CM7 but it's allways forcclosing. Any idea how to install it?

Guest DaneelS
Also give a try to TouchPal Dialer.

++

I liked ZTE dialer a lot, but TouchPal gives almost the same functionality (missing the codes specific to ZTE) while being a lot prettier.

Guest Movisman
So it's not looking good again so far, think it'll be dead again by bedtime and i've hardly used it! :)

Ha, I was bang on. Totally dead by 11pm, so it lasted 15 hours with hardly any use. It also had about 30 minutes of USB charging this afternoon!

Definitely cannot use it like this, so i'll try tomorrows nightly, and if it's no better i'll go for N98 or N104 and see if things improve.

Guest Movisman

Yeah, I agree with this.

As soon as it's released as 'stable' a ridiculous amount of people will install it and not realise that it still has a lot of bugs :)

Guest k0zmic
Yeah, I agree with this.

As soon as it's released as 'stable' a ridiculous amount of people will install it and not realise that it still has a lot of bugs :)

I think the majority of big bugs are gone (excluding the battery drain that's re appeared) and now there's just a collection of relatively small niggly ones for the majority of people such as the LED being stuck.

But people probably won't realise this unfortunately.

Guest Lord_Snake

I don't pretend to be offensive, but why would people use CM7 that has several big bugs, like an astronomic battery drain when they can use 2.3.4 ROMs (and with the new kernel) like Diet Stir Fry, free of troubles??

I dont mean that CM7 isn't a good ROM, but its not ready for a day-to-day use... For me, my phone is to day-to-day, so I just can't have a phone with so much problems...

Guest tsddave

@lord_snake

They use it to test it and help identify the bugs so that they can be fixed.

Dont forget this rom is coded free of charge and as such its nice to give something back!

Guest droweed

@lord_snake: you do realize if the blade will be continuously supported by cyanogenmod, we'd still get the next os updates, whereas we just got lucky that a leaked 2.3.4 for the blade came out, which obviously works out of the box since it came from zte itself, but, in the long run, when ice cream sandwich comes out or the next one, we'd still have cyanogenmod, while on the other hand, we wont even know if zte will make an update for the next version..

so it would be best if we participate in giving feedback in the development of cyanogenrom so we can have a bug free one :)

Guest Simono

My updated Sygic Nagigation on N110 hang up the phone after got GPS fix, screen freezes :)

ROM Manager stills download GAPPS 2011-03-06 do I must manualy flash new version from june?

Edited by Simono

Guest sej7278

a release candidate is not meant to imply its stable at all really. but they may at least allow us to report bugs

oddly enough i've sync'd the 7.1-RC1 makefile change and yet the compiled zip still comes out as CyanogenMod-7.1.0-RC0-Blade-KANG

Edited by sej7278

Guest targetbsp
I don't pretend to be offensive, but why would people use CM7 that has several big bugs, like an astronomic battery drain when they can use 2.3.4 ROMs (and with the new kernel) like Diet Stir Fry, free of troubles??

I dont mean that CM7 isn't a good ROM, but its not ready for a day-to-day use... For me, my phone is to day-to-day, so I just can't have a phone with so much problems...

Mostly due to no missed-call led whilst the phone is asleep. To me *that* is essential for day-to-day use as an actual phone.

I also have zero problems with Cm7, except the battery life being broke from N105 onwards. The solution to that is to use N104, not a different rom. :) On N104 I have a standby time of several days or can game for over 5 hours. What's astronomical about that drain?

Guest sej7278
Mostly due to no missed-call led whilst the phone is asleep. To me *that* is essential for day-to-day use as an actual phone.

I also have zero problems with Cm7, except the battery life being broke from N105 onwards. The solution to that is to use N104, not a different rom. :) On N104 I have a standby time of several days or can game for over 5 hours. What's astronomical about that drain?

have we decided if that the battery drain is just down to having the radio app installed (fixed by removing FM.apk) or is it the new libaudio.so that came with the radio stuff?

obviously the missed-call led sticking on doesn't help battery either.

Guest Movisman
have we decided if that the battery drain is just down to having the radio app installed (fixed by removing FM.apk) or is it the new libaudio.so that came with the radio stuff?

Hi,

I 'froze' the radio app and it didn't change battery whatsoever. Does freezing it count? It should do i'd have thought?

Cheers

Guest targetbsp

I remove the FM radio straight away and battery drain still occurs. I wonder if they old libaudio patch we used in N72 will still work??

Guest sej7278
I remove the FM radio straight away and battery drain still occurs. I wonder if they old libaudio patch we used in N72 will still work??

ripping the libaudio.so from n103 and removing FM.apk might be worth a shot, none of the mirrors seem to have anything before n105 though, and looking at the change there's a bit too much other stuff going on to revert.

so we have all the "where is fm radio" moaners to thank for rubbish battery usage!

Edited by sej7278