[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Movisman
I remove the FM radio straight away and battery drain still occurs. I wonder if they old libaudio patch we used in N72 will still work??

Not a bad shout, I did notice the libaudio was changed recently, which made me think it could be this causing the battery to drain faster...

Guest targetbsp

I haven't made any calls though so if it is libaudio, it's a different libaudio problem to last time! I should be able to just copy it from my N104 later to sd card, upgrade, copy back, set permissions, reboot and test for several hours.

Guest Movisman

I'd also be happy to test it as well, if you can provide the libaudio.so file from N104? If you can give me a quick once over which permissions need to be set that would be good. Do you just push using ADB to install? Haven't done it before but sure I can work it out.

Cheers

Guest Movisman
I haven't made any calls though so if it is libaudio, it's a different libaudio problem to last time! I should be able to just copy it from my N104 later to sd card, upgrade, copy back, set permissions, reboot and test for several hours.

Good point. I haven't made any calls yet today either, but my battery is down to 80% in 2.5 hours already with only a few texts.

Guest sej7278
Good point. I haven't made any calls yet today either, but my battery is down to 80% in 2.5 hours already with only a few texts.

the last libaudio bug was due to sip routing and was triggered by making a call. this one looks like its due to adding fm radio, so it won't require you to make a call to trigger it.

this was the change that fixed libaudio before

this is the latest change to libaudio

so i'm thinking if i just revert the two files that were in the original fix (AudioHardware.cpp AudioHardware.h) would that fix the new change? there's a lot more files in the new change though, so i'm not sure if this would work at all, or just not fix it.

Edited by sej7278

Guest targetbsp

Well, N111 seems to function with N104's libaudio. Outgoing calls work anyway! Charging up and then will test standby for a good while.

Here's the libaudio file from N104: www.windows98.co.uk/downloads/libaudio.so

It needs to be in /system/lib/ with permissions rw-r--r--

I use Root Explorer myself so I dunno how you do that in ADB

Guest Movisman
Well, N111 seems to function with N104's libaudio. Outgoing calls work anyway! Charging up and then will test standby for a good while.

Here's the libaudio file from N104: www.windows98.co.uk/downloads/libaudio.so

It needs to be in /system/lib/ with permissions rw-r--r--

I use Root Explorer myself so I dunno how you do that in ADB

Ok thanks a lot. I used Super Manager to replace libaudio.so, it all seemed to work no issues. I haven't updated to N111, i'm still on N108, but now with libaudio.so from N104.

Just given it a reboot now, and can still make and receive calls. Will see if the battery drain is any slower once it's fully charged (was getting approx 20% every 2.5 hours).

Cheers

Guest sej7278

here's my "Nightly 111+" build, its got the following libaudio changes reverted to the last-minus-one commit:

git checkout 9261cc953a576afcafb98587cdbf12e3087e8efd AudioPolicyManager.cpp AudioPolicyManager.h msm_audio.h msm_audio_voicememo.h

git checkout 9773131e1cc479af23ef9168000579fcc2f77772 AudioHardware.cpp AudioHardware.h

this should be about the same as 111 with the libaudio from 104, there's no FM.apk so radio moaners can shove it :)

latest gapps 20110613 and rommanager. this is my first build on debian, it uses the latest 6u26 JDK.

give it a try and see how battery usage goes. i'm at 91% at 13:05, received a call, turned off wifi and stuck it on standby, lets see if i can get to tomorrow B)

REMOVED

md5sum: 41205bc94bf98b1c2289c3811dfdd68b

Edited by sej7278

Guest Movisman
here's my "Nightly 111+" build, its got the following libaudio changes reverted to the last-minus-one commit:

git checkout 9261cc953a576afcafb98587cdbf12e3087e8efd AudioPolicyManager.cpp AudioPolicyManager.h msm_audio.h msm_audio_voicememo.h

git checkout 9773131e1cc479af23ef9168000579fcc2f77772 AudioHardware.cpp AudioHardware.h

this should be about the same as 111 with the libaudio from 104, there's no FM.apk so radio moaners can shove it B)

latest gapps 20110613 and rommanager. this is my first build on debian, it uses the latest 6u26 JDK.

give it a try and see how battery usage goes. i'm at 91% at 13:05, received a call, turned off wifi and stuck it on standby, lets see if i can get to tomorrow :D

update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-Blade-KANG-signed-20110624-n111plus.zip

Excellent.

Do you think I can get away with flashing this over the top of my N108 w/old Libaudio.so?

I suppose the only option is to try! :)

Guest k0zmic
Excellent.

Do you think I can get away with flashing this over the top of my N108 w/old Libaudio.so?

Yep it should be okay.

Guest Simono

Will KK_fix for GPS repair problem on N111 with randomly GPS reboot and do I must flash it on any nightly? This bug irritate me :)

Other question. Anybody have simple taskmanager like this one from SS RLS5?

Edited by Simono

Guest sej7278
Excellent.

i flashed it over the top of n97 with only a dalvik cache wipe (not data) and it seems fine - market works, wifi reconnects after sleep, phone rings etc. it will replace your libaudio yes.

Edited by sej7278

Guest howzcat

n109

battery: rubbish again.

proximity: not working as intended. in some calls screen goes black and just stays that way.

temperature: getting way too hot. yesterday it was at 50ºC after being idle for hours!

will try 111+old libaudio and report.

Guest k0zmic
n109

battery: rubbish again.

proximity: not working as intended. in some calls screen goes black and just stays that way.

temperature: getting way too hot. yesterday it was at 50ºC after being idle for hours!

will try 111+old libaudio and report.

Has your proximity sensor behaved like that on previous builds?

Guest targetbsp

It's a bit early to say for sure but early impressions for me are that replacing the libaudio with an older one appears to have solved the battery drain. That's sure proving a troublesome library if it is the culprit again!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest k0zmic
It's a bit early to say for sure but early impressions for me are that replacing the libaudio with an older one appears to have solved the battery drain. That's sure proving a troublesome library if it is the culprit again!

I think so too. Although, the battery usage thing says it's been awake 100% of the time but it's lying since pressing the Menu button does not wake the screen so it's probably working.

Guest k0zmic
not since the fix in 9x(?)...was working perfectly

Ahh I see.

I have a similar problem, the workaround I found was use N98 and press Menu a couple of times during the call to wake it up.

After that it should stay awake for subsequent calls until a reboot.

Guest stubphen
Ahh I see.

I have a similar problem, the workaround I found was use N98 and press Menu a couple of times during the call to wake it up.

After that it should stay awake for subsequent calls until a reboot.

Hi k0zmic,

I eventually find a solution to the proximity sensor of my Blade...

refer to "http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blade-blade-modaco-com/328112/proximity-sensor-not-working-screen-wont-come-back-on/"

u need the ZTE dialer (i did it in the gingerbread leak rom with stock dialer)

dial *983*0# and find page of sensor at the bottom

it showed fail in the proximity senor, then click "cal" button to recalibrate it

it reborns!!!! :)

i havent tried in CM rom

please try it out and see if sensor works again when flashing with CM again~

good luck

Guest k0zmic
Hi k0zmic,

I eventually find a solution to the proximity sensor of my Blade...

refer to "http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blade-blade-modaco-com/328112/proximity-sensor-not-working-screen-wont-come-back-on/"

u need the ZTE dialer (i did it in the gingerbread leak rom with stock dialer)

dial *983*0# and find page of sensor at the bottom

it showed fail in the proximity senor, then click "cal" button to recalibrate it

it reborns!!!! :)

i havent tried in CM rom

please try it out and see if sensor works again when flashing with CM again~

good luck

Thanks for the reply. I'll give that another go.

Also, if you want it to not get stuck on a CM ROM look here: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...version-kernal/

I just tried it and it doesn't cause the screen to lock up which is fine and it just stays on.

Guest stubphen
Thanks for the reply. I'll give that another go.

Also, if you want it to not get stuck on a CM ROM look here: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...version-kernal/

I just tried it and it doesn't cause the screen to lock up which is fine and it just stays on.

will u make a try to see if the proximity sensor will be restored in CM rom after recalibration using the ZTE dialer?

i think it worths trying, which is better than keeping the screen on all the time...

or i just found this

"DHD Proximity Sensor Recalibrator"

In this website, it claims the app can recalibrate the sensor, but only works in CM rom (>n92)

(the link is broken)

http://www.freeware4android.net/zte-blade-...load-34199.html

but it is download-able from the link below

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=951858

try it out and hope it helps :)

Guest k0zmic
will u make a try to see if the proximity sensor will be restored in CM rom after recalibration using the ZTE dialer?

i think it worths trying, which is better than keeping the screen on all the time...

or i just found this

"DHD Proximity Sensor Recalibrator"

In this website, it claims the app can recalibrate the sensor, but only works in CM rom (>n92)

(the link is broken)

http://www.freeware4android.net/zte-blade-...load-34199.html

but it is download-able from the link below

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=951858

try it out and hope it helps :)

I'm doing that now. I agree but if you want the CM features with a half working sensor then it's suitable.

That's only for the Desire HD AFAIK. I think I tried it a long time ago and it didn't detect the sensor which isn't surprising

Thank you though.

Guest stubphen
I'm doing that now. I agree but if you want the CM features with a half working sensor then it's suitable.

That's only for the Desire HD AFAIK. I think I tried it a long time ago and it didn't detect the sensor which isn't surprising

Thank you though.

that's okay

sorry for the old info :)