[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest k0zmic
that's okay

sorry for the old info :)

NP, I'm grateful for any suggestions.

Just did the calibration with ZTE Dialer it and woo it works.

At least now we know for sure that it's a CM problem.

When the 7.1 stable is out I will definitely create a bug report for this.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest stubphen
NP, I'm grateful for any suggestions.

Just did the calibration with ZTE Dialer it and woo it works.

At least now we know for sure that it's a CM problem.

When the 7.1 stable is out I will definitely create a bug report for this.

I did calibration in burstlam's v2.4 rom

and then flashed with wbaw's b5 rom with CM dialer

it didnt work again...sigh...

it seems that our b10 version must have to live with the ZTE dialer...

thanks for ur work :)

Guest k0zmic
I did calibration in burstlam's v2.4 rom

and then flashed with wbaw's b5 rom with CM dialer

it didnt work again...sigh...

it seems that our b10 version must have to live with the ZTE dialer...

thanks for ur work :)

At least it has the T9 dialing so I don't mind.

Guest kol0bok

Ok, tested N110 for a day now. Not sure why most people are complaining... the battery life time is ok (sleeping with GSM over night costs about 10 percent, internet browsing with average brightness about 20 percent per hour. Listening to music (partial wake lock) costs about 7 percent per hour but also depends on sound volume. GPS reboots still occur but happened only after a dozen enabling/disabling cycles, so IMHO it's ok. (I guess all that number so precisely because I was cycling in unknown area the better part of the day).

Proximity stuff seems to work too, display is turned off almost immediately and comes back immediately.

What bothers me is:

• If Maps was in foreground while device suspended then after resuming it hangs for 10-15seconds and FCs
  • updating with Rom Manager no longer works and makes the device unbootable, with or without wiping. I have to pull the battery and reflash and wipe manually again, which sucks. Not sure what is going wrong, I have a normal 3.0.2.7 clockword recovery from wbaw's TPT-gen1-gen2 converter.

Guest sej7278
It's a bit early to say for sure but early impressions for me are that replacing the libaudio with an older one appears to have solved the battery drain. That's sure proving a troublesome library if it is the culprit again!

yes, over 11 hours on standby and light phone/camera/wifi usage and i've lost 5% on my 111+libaudio revert.

Edited by sej7278

Guest targetbsp
Not sure why most people are complaining... the battery life time is ok (sleeping with GSM over night costs about 10 percent

And in n104 you'd have lost 3 to 4% over that period. That's why we bring it up. It's not terrible but it's noticeably worse than it should be.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest princado
here's my "Nightly 111+" build, its got the following libaudio changes reverted to the last-minus-one commit:

git checkout 9261cc953a576afcafb98587cdbf12e3087e8efd AudioPolicyManager.cpp AudioPolicyManager.h msm_audio.h msm_audio_voicememo.h

git checkout 9773131e1cc479af23ef9168000579fcc2f77772 AudioHardware.cpp AudioHardware.h

this should be about the same as 111 with the libaudio from 104, there's no FM.apk so radio moaners can shove it :)

latest gapps 20110613 and rommanager. this is my first build on debian, it uses the latest 6u26 JDK.

give it a try and see how battery usage goes. i'm at 91% at 13:05, received a call, turned off wifi and stuck it on standby, lets see if i can get to tomorrow B)

update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-Blade-KANG-signed-20110624-n111plus.zip

Thanks, I´m gonna test it, flashing over N111

Guest JimJam707

I'm on Nightly 111. After downloading it at 6AM in the morning, I fell asleep again. I unplugged my Blade, and checked Twitter for 30minutes. My battery had gone down 10% D:

Guest kunis6

Welcome!

I have a problem running the game, and carefully cut the rop right after seeing the piece of trailer crashes to the menu, I checked on another ROM gram of work, in what may be the problem?

Guest spaceguy

hay guys i would like to share my problem with you.

i have experienced a problem while writing text. when the keyboard is in landscape, it becomes very unresponsive and i have to wait for the text to show up on the screen. I'm currently using N95.

i experience this problem even if i have a good amount of free RAM. have you guys noticed this as well?

Edited by spaceguy

Guest mitky82
Hi k0zmic,

I eventually find a solution to the proximity sensor of my Blade...

refer to "http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blade-blade-modaco-com/328112/proximity-sensor-not-working-screen-wont-come-back-on/"

u need the ZTE dialer (i did it in the gingerbread leak rom with stock dialer)

dial *983*0# and find page of sensor at the bottom

it showed fail in the proximity senor, then click "cal" button to recalibrate it

it reborns!!!! :)

i havent tried in CM rom

please try it out and see if sensor works again when flashing with CM again~

good luck

How i use ZTE dilaer with cm7?

Guest hugobosslives

just noticed (over the past two days) my blade isn't sleeping.

just like on very early nightlies. I lock it when I put it down and then menu button always wakes it. and to confirm spare parts sez it's been awake for 99.999361% since unplugged 11 hours ago. I went to bed at 11 (BST) so it should have at least been sleeping for the past 8 hours....

just wondering if anyone else has this problem? I'm currently on n104ish I think. somewhere around there (b4 FM radio).

apart from not sleeping (so killing by battery life) this rom is getting pretty much perfect. love how usuable this rom has become from being partly experimental back at the start to a daily rom now. and it even kicks every other blade roms ass on gaming :)

Guest stubphen
How i use ZTE dilaer with cm7?

Sorry... I dont know...

It seems ZTE dialer is not working in CM7 because different codes were used (read from another post)

it even doesnt work if i calibrated the sensor using rom with ZTE dialer first and then switch to other rom,

it may probably need calibration on every flash of rom...

(but i did full wipe, u may test which wipe will wipe out the calibration)

yours is B10 OSF as well?

Guest Drirr
just noticed (over the past two days) my blade isn't sleeping.

just like on very early nightlies. I lock it when I put it down and then menu button always wakes it. and to confirm spare parts sez it's been awake for 99.999361% since unplugged 11 hours ago. I went to bed at 11 (BST) so it should have at least been sleeping for the past 8 hours....

just wondering if anyone else has this problem? I'm currently on n104ish I think. somewhere around there (b4 FM radio).

apart from not sleeping (so killing by battery life) this rom is getting pretty much perfect. love how usuable this rom has become from being partly experimental back at the start to a daily rom now. and it even kicks every other blade roms ass on gaming :)

I just had to check now that you mentioned it and yeah, my blade isn't sleeping properly either. Running nightly 111 and I'm able to wake it with the menu button. :-/

Guest ThrashMan
I just had to check now that you mentioned it and yeah, my blade isn't sleeping properly either. Running nightly 111 and I'm able to wake it with the menu button. :-/

Not true

Well...YOU might be able to wake the phone with the menu button, but it is not due to a quirk in N111.

The only button to wake my phone up is the power button

Guest targetbsp

I'm with Thrashman on both counts. My Blade is sleeping fine and fine with charging lights in N111 with N104's libaudio. And was fine in N108 on both counts with no modification and nothing changed between it and N111 that's likely to cause either issue.

Best version now is probably sej7278's N111+ build. See post 5533.

Failing that, N104

Incidentally, the battery life is absolutely without any shadow of a doubt fixed by replacing libaudio. I've somehow only used 2% in 23 hours!?

Edited by targetbsp

Guest sej7278
I'm with Thrashman on both counts. My Blade is sleeping fine and fine with charging lights in N111 with N104's libaudio. And was fine in N108 on both counts with no modification and nothing changed between it and N111 that's likely to cause either issue.

Best version now is probably sej7278's N111+ build. See post 5533.

Failing that, N104

Incidentally, the battery life is absolutely without any shadow of a doubt fixed by replacing libaudio. I've somehow only used 2% in 23 hours!?

Yes I'm seeing under 1% battery use per hour, charging LEDs are fine and usb debugging icon is back. I didn't realise you could wake with the menu button but that works too. I guess some people need to wipe

Edited by sej7278