[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest k0zmic
How i use ZTE dilaer with cm7?

You can't due to the VM Split, Tommieb said this in a thread trying to port the ZTE Dialer to CM7.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest k0zmic
Mine doesn't wake with the menu button?

You have to enable it in CM settings.

But if a wakelock is kept then you don't need to enable the setting - it's an easy way to test for a bad app or the libaudio bug.

Guest CaptainSpectacular
here's my "Nightly 111+" build, its got the following libaudio changes reverted to the last-minus-one commit:

git checkout 9261cc953a576afcafb98587cdbf12e3087e8efd AudioPolicyManager.cpp AudioPolicyManager.h msm_audio.h msm_audio_voicememo.h

git checkout 9773131e1cc479af23ef9168000579fcc2f77772 AudioHardware.cpp AudioHardware.h

this should be about the same as 111 with the libaudio from 104, there's no FM.apk so radio moaners can shove it :)

latest gapps 20110613 and rommanager. this is my first build on debian, it uses the latest 6u26 JDK.

give it a try and see how battery usage goes. i'm at 91% at 13:05, received a call, turned off wifi and stuck it on standby, lets see if i can get to tomorrow B)

update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-Blade-KANG-signed-20110624-n111plus.zip

What's the wifi driver used in this one, the new one or the old one ? Thanks.

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Guest Drirr
You have to enable it in CM settings.

But if a wakelock is kept then you don't need to enable the setting - it's an easy way to test for a bad app or the libaudio bug.

Aha, so there is a setting for it. So if I turn it off the phone will go into proper sleep when locking the screen? Could you point me to which setting it is exactly?

- EDIT -

Okay, I just found it and it's not checked but I can still wake the phone up with the menu button. :-/

Edited by Drirr

Guest spaceguy
Try updating to at least 104. It might work :)

maybe your are right but in the other hand, it can't be because of a old nightly. i will give it a try anyway;)

Guest k0zmic
Aha, so there is a setting for it. So if I turn it off the phone will go into proper sleep when locking the screen? Could you point me to which setting it is exactly?

- EDIT -

Okay, I just found it and it's not checked but I can still wake the phone up with the menu button. :-/

No, it won't make a difference if there's a wakelock.

You might have something keeping the phone awake, I found the game LiveHoldem Pro keeps it awake but it might be fixed now. Usually, it's a sign of the libaudio bug.

Guest FaTaL_ErrOr

Did the thing with audiolib in 111. It works like a charm! Thanks.

Question: Where is the previously existed option to add birthday in contacts? I cant find it!

Guest sej7278
What's the wifi driver used in this one, the new one or the old one ? Thanks.

New i guess, it's vanilla n111 with libaudio reverted. Resumes from sleep just fine

Guest sej7278

lol they said RC1 was due "in 2 weeks" about 2 months ago and its just about ready, can't see 7.1.0 final happening any time soon.

stable for cm7 doesn't mean everything done and working on blade - look at 7.0.3, although at least we'll be able to report bugs again.

that said, if they fix libaudio so that fm radio support doesn't kill battery life, i guess there's not much left to do.

Guest k0zmic
lol they said RC1 was due "in 2 weeks" about 2 months ago and its just about ready, can't see 7.1.0 final happening any time soon.

stable for cm7 doesn't mean everything done and working on blade - look at 7.0.3, although at least we'll be able to report bugs again.

that said, if they fix libaudio so that fm radio support doesn't kill battery life, i guess there's not much left to do.

Very true, but look at the changelog this time.

I know, I just want to be able to report a bug.

I agree.

Guest sej7278
Very true, but look at the changelog this time.

I know, I just want to be able to report a bug.

I agree.

cyanogen has changed his tweet it seems - it now says "Hopefully we'll be able to get 7.1RC1 out to you all this weekend sometime :)"

Guest k0zmic
cyanogen has changed his tweet it seems - it now says "Hopefully we'll be able to get 7.1RC1 out to you all this weekend sometime :)"

Isn't that what he said in the one I linked lol?

Edited by k0zmic

Guest Psyloid

They could fix the camera and the wifi reconnect and the headphones volume and bluetooth reconnect and some more minor issues :)

Guest Psyloid
Anyone haver any idéa on How to use thé phone in French without thé French keyboard ?

buy smart keyboard pro, you can use any layout you want with it (it has free demo)

it types way better as well

Anyone haver any idéa on How to use thé phone in French without thé French keyboard ?

Enter keyboard settings, scroll down to Input Languages, mark english and french. Go back to keyboard. With a swipe over the space key you change your preferred language from french to english and back.

Guest sej7278
They could fix the camera and the wifi reconnect and the headphones volume and bluetooth reconnect and some more minor issues :)

wifi reconnect works for me, it only doesn't work for infinite dhcp leases iirc.

headphones volume should be fixed in the new libaudio (the one with fm radio and broken battery drain!)

what's wrong with the camera? work was done on contrast but it was always too dark on stock 2.1, its just a rubbish camera with no flash.

Guest Psyloid
wifi reconnect works for me, it only doesn't work for infinite dhcp leases iirc.

headphones volume should be fixed in the new libaudio (the one with fm radio and broken battery drain!)

what's wrong with the camera? work was done on contrast but it was always too dark on stock 2.1, its just a rubbish camera with no flash.

camera is much brighter on the leak ZTE 2.3.4

i can take pictures indoors now

Guest shadowninty
Enter keyboard settings, scroll down to Input Languages, mark english and french. Go back to keyboard. With a swipe over the space key you change your preferred language from french to english and back.
Its fine, found that function in the default keyboard earlier! I'm just trying to keep my French during the school holidays :)

Guest 5ubtil

Hi Sej7278... thanks for your nighly 111+.

I flashed your rom and it didn't go as planned. I had to go back to n109. Could you post the md5 just to check.

Thank you

Guest jesuita

Hello.

2 quick questions:

Using N100, can i upgrade to the lastest build just by wiping dalvik cache? Just to be sure..

Also, in N100 i can't send MMS, using Handcent and also cant receive them when 3G is off. On the other roms i used when i received MMS data enabled automatically.. doesnt seem to work right now though..