[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest sej7278
Hi Sej7278... thanks for your nighly 111+.

I flashed your rom and it didn't go as planned. I had to go back to n109. Could you post the md5 just to check.

md5sum update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-Blade-KANG-signed-20110624-n111plus.zip

41205bc94bf98b1c2289c3811dfdd68b

checked on my local machine and my server and its the same. what went wrong?

Guest 5ubtil
md5sum update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-Blade-KANG-signed-20110624-n111plus.zip

41205bc94bf98b1c2289c3811dfdd68b

checked on my local machine and my server and its the same. what went wrong?

corrupted download... I'll download again. Thanks

Guest kol0bok
And in n104 you'd have lost 3 to 4% over that period. That's why we bring it up. It's not terrible but it's noticeably worse than it should be.

Ok, you are right. I remember the phone having about 70 percent left after two days without significant activity. Now it's down to 64 percent in about 20 hours in similar conditions.

However, IMHO blind patching is still not the way to go. Someone should evaluate with ampermeter to get results we can count on.

Guest sej7278
Ok, you are right. I remember the phone having about 70 percent left after two days without significant activity. Now it's down to 64 percent in about 20 hours in similar conditions.

However, IMHO blind patching is still not the way to go. Someone should evaluate with ampermeter to get results we can count on.

its not blind patching, its based on our experience that libaudio.so usually is the cause of battery drain and it recently got updated again. reverting it definitely fixes things and we've reported that to the maintainers.

if you look at the code they've been messing with MODE_IN_CALL and the routing to the speaker/headset again. has anyone who hasn't patched libaudio to n104 checked if SIP routing works or the speaker hums again?

patching is not a wonderful solution, but most of us would prefer battery life to fm radio. it wouldn't get fixed if it weren't for us testing things, thats kind of the whole point of nightlies and if we didn't patch them we'd all be stuck on n104 until its fixed.

Edited by sej7278

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Its fair to say Cm7 is pretty stable now :)

I've been on N100(ish) for ages now, but the thing is I don't see the point in updating ;) - no more bugs (for me anyway)

All I could ask for is the .35 kernel when and if Zte release it, and maybe music controls by holding volume buttons (but when the screen is ON too B)) - unless someone knows an app for that of course :D

Guest Cow_007

I've been on N100(ish) for ages now, but the thing is I don't see the point in updating ;) - no more bugs (for me anyway)

All I could ask for is the .35 kernel when and if Zte release it, and maybe music controls by holding volume buttons (but when the screen is ON too B)) - unless someone knows an app for that of course :D

agreed ;) not a single problem for a while now. no need to follow nightlys for me anymore. wont change rom for a long long time.

Guest Productivity

What nightly are you using? Do you have any GPS related issues? I'm using diet stir fry and am happy but would obviously prefer the features of Cm7.

Is it really stable enough?

For me, diet stir fry is performing solidly but it's only temporary until Cm7 is 100%

I don't use fm radio so that's not an issue.

Guest wishmasterf

Can anyone summarize the existing bugs? Is radio working well yet? And yes i know the Bugtracking system, but i see there are more bugs then reported (and well known by the devs).

Guest k0zmic
Can anyone summarize the existing bugs? Is radio working well yet? And yes i know the Bugtracking system, but i see there are more bugs then reported (and well known by the devs).

http://wiki.modaco.com/index.php/ZTE_Blade_CyanogenMod

What's the best nightly atm? and is it possible to move from cm7 green v5 to a nightly by just wiping the cache?

The one by Sej or N113 as long as you push the old libaudio.so to /system/lib

It probably is but I'd recommend doing a full wipe.

Guest will8578

Blade noob, what does the libaudio.so do and where can i get it please, i guess its something to do with audio, just dont know what, thanks.

Guest will8578

Thanks. can i use root explorer and move it to system/lib and then change permissions, or has it to be done by adb?

Edited by will8578

Guest k0zmic
Thanks for your answer. I know the Buglist, the wiki and there is a problem with libaudio, Which issues are open? What we can expect in near time?

The dev's were looking into implementing the EGL libs from the leaked ROM into CM7 for smoother scrolling although that's not concrete and they don't have the source. If/When ZTE provide the source code for the .35 kernel then you can expect battery improvements, better speed etc.

From looking at the bug tracker it seems the Wi-Fi not reconnecting should get fixed, the LED won't get stuck and a few things related to Bluetooth.