[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest lordofangels
Well i don't need to have hundreds of posts. If I need something, then I use search or I am looking in posts if there wasn't any questions placed like my problem...

Keep posting, I don't care, I think that it's just pointless if there is changelog on first page...

It is only pointless if it helps no one.

If it helps even one person, then it becomes useful.

And as you have heard it is useful to more than one, so case closed.

Guest cjp666
+1

He is like early warning system,always the first to report new builds,does he even sleep ?

Or is his finger superglued to F5 lol

+1 from me too...

I actually enjoy looking for someone posting before he does and am actually more disappointed when he gets there first :-)

Guest rockstarszzzz
It is only pointless if it helps no one.

If it helps even one person, then it becomes useful.

And as you have heard it is useful to more than one, so case closed.

Can I please dare to divert all the helpful people out there to help me?

I have tried ASTRO, I have tried ROOT EXPLORER - but how do I copy the libaudio so file from my SD card to the system/lib folder? It keeps telling me it's read only folder, so I can't paste it there and I can't change permissions either. I have NEVER done any of this before, I read the posts regarding copying etc, but don't want to brick my zte straight-off, so asking for help :)

= done. Was over-seeing the option to change permissions using root explorer!

HOWEVER, after replacing the libaudio so I restarted the phone and now am stuck on Green android! Any help ? B)

PS: Is N114 the nightly after RC1 - the time stamps suggests so to me.. but those who have used RC1 or N114 might suggest in terms of functionality?

Edited by rockstarszzzz

Guest Migun

I'm using N94 with the old wifi drivers, but I want to change, sometimes I am using the phone and it restarts without me doing nothing (using gps, playing a game,etc) !

What is the best in terms of stability and battery (in 11H N94 took only 5%)?

Thanks!

Edited by Migun

Guest lordofangels
thanks lordofangels, your posts help when your workplace does not allow the 1st page to load

Thanks Hecatae, so it's helpful to quite a few.

Guest chimas
Can I please dare to divert all the helpful people out there to help me?

I have tried ASTRO, I have tried ROOT EXPLORER - but how do I copy the libaudio so file from my SD card to the system/lib folder? It keeps telling me it's read only folder, so I can't paste it there and I can't change permissions either. I have NEVER done any of this before, I read the posts regarding copying etc, but don't want to brick my zte straight-off, so asking for help :)

= done. Was over-seeing the option to change permissions using root explorer!

HOWEVER, after replacing the libaudio so I restarted the phone and now am stuck on Green android! Any help ? :rolleyes:

PS: Is N114 the nightly after RC1 - the time stamps suggests so to me.. but those who have used RC1 or N114 might suggest in terms of functionality?

you have to change the permission on the file to look like the others around it.

To do this:

~long press a (different) file within the system.

~scroll to permissions to see what it is.

~them make the libaudio file the same.

BTW you will have to reflash the rom as it will be stuck at the android.

Guest rockstarszzzz
you have to change the permission on the file to look like the others around it.

To do this:

~long press a (different) file within the system.

~scroll to permissions to see what it is.

~them make the libaudio file the same.

BTW you will have to reflash the rom as it will be stuck at the android.

Thanks a lot for that help!

I am trying to boot into recovery, but it's not doing that!

Once I boot in recovery - I will replace libaudio and change the permissions - after that restart the phone?

Should I wipe anything before reflashing the phone?

Guest rockstarszzzz
Thanks a lot for that help!

I am trying to boot into recovery, but it's not doing that!

Once I boot in recovery - I will replace libaudio and change the permissions - after that restart the phone?

Should I wipe anything before reflashing the phone?

Ok now I have succesfully booted into recovery - should I wipe anything or just re-flash the rom in order to get new libaudio so working?

Guest k0zmic
Ok now I have succesfully booted into recovery - should I wipe anything or just re-flash the rom in order to get new libaudio so working?

I'm pretty sure once you've changed the permissions all you need to do is reboot.

I don't think there's a need to flash/wipe anything.

Guest rockstarszzzz
I'm pretty sure once you've changed the permissions all you need to do is reboot.

I don't think there's a need to flash/wipe anything.

Thanks for your help once again k0zmic! :)

I changed permissions, and rebooted. Did nothing with the recovery ..and voila!

So the benefit one should expect after this swap is - better battery life right? nothing else? Does it remove audio humming before the call gets connected?

the soft key feature is enabled by setting a boolean value to "true" in a configuration XML file when comiling the ROM

that XML file is compiled into the resources.arsc in framework-res.apk under /system/framework/

so, basically you can follow these steps to enable soft key on CM nightlies:

• get the framework-res.apk from a ROM supporting the soft key; ideally you shoud try to get it from a ROM which was compiled on the same day that your nightly was compiled
  • put it under /system on your phone
  • modify permssions to rw-r--r--
  • move it to /system/framework/ to replace the nightl
y version of framework-res.apk
reboot your phone

or you can use adb to push the framework-res.apk you get to your phone

Nice one,that worked a treat :)

Guest sej7278
the soft key feature is enabled by setting a boolean value to "true" in a configuration XML file when comiling the ROM

do you know where that xml file is in the source, and what the boolean is?

does that include the settings for turning it on/off, or does it force it on all the time?

Guest targetbsp

The Blade seems ever so unlucky with the timings of CM7 stable builds! The nightlies either side of each stable build have tended to be a more stable lol.

Guest rockstarszzzz
So, is the battery life in RC1 any better than in the previous nightlies?

I think it's too early to comment on anything like this just yet!

To be honest, after reading that RC1 had no battery fixes, I din't bother to download RC1. I am already on N114 which I presume is Nightly after RC1. I haven't noticed much difference. I have however changed the libaudio so file and am charging at the moment. Might be able to reflect back on this after few hours of use later on. Generally speaking we should give few days time before any definite conclusions can be drawn out on battery drain.

So, is the battery life in RC1 any better than in the previous nightlies?

been using RC1 for several hours,heavy usage,got 71% left from full charge

Edited by Guest

Guest targetbsp
been using RC1 for several hours,heavy usage,got 71% left from full charge

Yeah but it's the standby time that's broke. So light use is where a difference will be seen. :)

Based purely on the changelog the battery life ought to be the same as N105 to N114. Because nothing relevant has changed. :rolleyes:

I won't be able to confirm or deny this because I'm sufficiently convinced it's the case that'll I'll be immediately replacing the libaudio. :rolleyes:

Edited by targetbsp