[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest mcfly666

Hello, would it be possible to have a hand? I have installed RC1 and I dont have a market and gapps, when the phone boots for the first time it skips the account login, this is a complete wipe, with libaudio from psloids rom, on a wbaw TPT'd gen 2 so I dont think its the partition.

any ideas gents?

EDIT: Hmm, I had to download the full Gapps package, and flash it via clockwork, upon a reboot I have all of the above apps and accounts back. Any idea why peeps?

Edited by mcfly666

Guest Amphoras
Hello, would it be possible to have a hand? I have installed RC1 and I dont have a market and gapps, when the phone boots for the first time it skips the account login, this is a complete wipe, with libaudio from psloids rom, on a wbaw TPT'd gen 2 so I dont think its the partition.

any ideas gents?

You need to flash the gapps zip from the first post.

Guest sej7278
do you know where that xml file is in the source, and what the boolean is?

does that include the settings for turning it on/off, or does it force it on all the time?

in reply to myself, it seems the file is /frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml and the bool is:

<bool name="cm_default_has_soft_buttons">false</bool>

not sure why anyone would want that on a phone, i would assume it disables the hardware buttons?

Guest k0zmic
in reply to myself, it seems the file is /frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml and the bool is:

not sure why anyone would want that on a phone, i would assume it disables the hardware buttons?

I think it's for the soft buttons in the status bar. Could be wrong though.

Guest unrandomsam
Sorry for the offtopic but how do you watch bbc from outside the uk? I always try to find some streaming to watch formula 1 but often with no success.

You need a UK IP address.

There is a few ways to go about it.

If you look at Paul's guide on how to use the Amazon Appstore from outside the US you should be able to work out what to do.

Guest k0zmic
What do we reckon N115 will be like?

Most the same I reckon.

You need a UK IP address.

There is a few ways to go about it.

If you look at Paul's guide on how to use the Amazon Appstore from outside the US you should be able to work out what to do.

The old version of MyPlayer seems to have had it's streams blocked off by the BBC since it's not working for nearly everyone.

Guest Woody Guo

It doesn't disable the hardware buttons. As k0zmic mentioned, it just adds some buttons in the status bar. I think it's very convenient for me to have those buttons there in the status bar. When the value is changed to "true", you will find a new setting page in CM Settings called "Tablet tweaks", where you decide whether or not to show soft buttons in the status bar, and which buttons to show I changed both values to "true" for my self-build:
	<bool name="cm_default_is_tablet">true</bool>

<bool name="cm_default_has_soft_buttons">true</bool>

I can't remember clearly if both values need to be set to true for the soft buttons to work. Maybe changing only cm_default_has_soft_buttons would also work. Better to check the source code to confirm it, but I'm so lazy and there shouldn't be any side effect of modifying both values as far as I know :)

[quote name='Woody Guo' date='Jun 28 2011, 02:47' post='1744614

I changed both values to "true" for my self-build:

<bool name="cm_default_is_tablet">true</bool>

<bool name="cm_default_has_soft_buttons">true</bool>

Edited by Guest

Guest cjp666

Been on RC1 since yesterday. Took phone off charge at 22:00 last night and it was down to 37% at 06:30 this morning, worst I've seen for some time. It wasn't the audio as I hadn't received or made a call since flashing RC1.

Also it rebooted itself at about 06:00. Previous nightly 106 and 113 both rebooted during the night, I hadn't reported this as I was waiting for RC1 to see how that was. I'll give it a couple of days and see how it goes

Guest sej7278

here's my n114 with the libaudio reverted and soft buttons enabled. there's no n115 as nothing was merged it seems.

REMOVED md5sum: b7e2889b321011e87017ce32a3b5b225

turns out you only need to set the cm_default_has_soft_buttons bool, not both to enable the soft buttons in the compile.

if you don't like the soft buttons you can just untick each one in the tablet options.

personally i find they're too small for my fingers, but they don't get in the way on the left of the statusbar so i left them on, less wear'n'tear on the hardware buttons i guess :)

softbuttons:

post-839039-1309248500_thumb.jpg

Edited by sej7278

personally i find they're too small for my fingers, but they don't get in the way on the left of the statusbar so i left them on, less wear'n'tear on the hardware buttons i guess :)

softbuttons:

If you use honeycombe 3D theme it enlarges the softkeys

(on android market)

Edit does anyone know how to make softkeys into a flashable zip ?

Other than using framework from burstlams build I cannot find the file to edit in frameworkres.apk

Edited by Guest

Guest sej7278
If you use honeycombe 3D theme it enlarges the softkeys

(on android market)

Edit does anyone know how to make softkeys into a flashable zip ?

Other than using framework from burstlams build I cannot find the file to edit in frameworkres.apk

its a compile-time edit i think, the config.xml isn't included in the apk.

i don't know how you make a flashable zip, that would be nice to know.

i've extracted the apk from my n114 build if you'd like, 3mb is easier to download than 88mb:

9140a25e82b3c52f65220edb93c5a31b framework-res.apk

Edited by sej7278