[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

its a compile-time edit i think, the config.xml isn't included in the apk.

i don't know how you make a flashable zip, that would be nice to know.

i've extracted the apk from my n114 build if you'd like, 3mb is easier to download than 88mb:

9140a25e82b3c52f65220edb93c5a31b framework-res.apk

Do you know the path I need to follow to get to config.xml so that I can edit it myself with the build i am currently running ?

I will be using root-explorer to do it

Edited by Guest

Guest sej7278

Do you know the path I need to follow to get to config.xml so that I can edit it myself with the build i am currently running ?

I will be using root-explorer to do it

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1744510

why don't fecking links to other forum posts work?!

you won't be able to do edit config.xml via root explorer, you need to compile it on a 64-bit linux machine.

all you can do with root explorer is copy the complete apk into /system/framework/

i've taken the download of the framework file down now as i'm fed up with all the download accelerators using 13 http requests at a time!

Edited by sej7278

Guest sm4tik
Does anyone know how to change the default system wide shell to bash so it'd be working with terminal emulator, ssh, adb .. I haven't found a proper way of doing it, symlinking /system/bin/sh to point to bash is not the way to do it :)

Sorry for the bump, anyone?

Guest rockstarszzzz

My N114 deletes some messages on restart - does anyone experience this? Or was this an issue in past?

There are about 300 messages in my inbox and when I restart I loose most recent messages and it goes down to 240-260 odd messages. It's done this two days in a row on 3 different restarts!! It's annoying as I even lost my PAC code :) Any fix for this guys?

Guest targetbsp
My N114 deletes some messages on restart - does anyone experience this? Or was this an issue in past?

There are about 300 messages in my inbox and when I restart I loose most recent messages and it goes down to 240-260 odd messages. It's done this two days in a row on 3 different restarts!! It's annoying as I even lost my PAC code :) Any fix for this guys?

There's an optional (on by default) message limit per conversation in the sms app settings. But you're unlikely to have hit that inside 300 messages unless you only text one person.

Guest rockstarszzzz
There's an optional (on by default) message limit per conversation in the sms app settings. But you're unlikely to have hit that inside 300 messages unless you only text one person.

Thanks for the quick reply! I checked that option and it says 'Text-message limit 999 messages per conversation'. - is that the one you were pointing to?

Guest ffoxsake

Use "SMS Backup & Restore" free from the market. Always good to have a backup before updating!

Guest rockstarszzzz
Use "SMS Backup & Restore" free from the market. Always good to have a backup before updating!

haha thanks :) I do use it! But I had it set to daily back up, now I am doing a back up every time before I re-start my phone for any reason. I was just wondering if it's some sort of bug that might have occured due to N114.

I have been flashing my phone crazily (say 2 flashes at least a day) with Gen1, Gen2 TPTs and ROMs - could this be affecting my phone in anyway? Coming from WinMo, I know flashing phone for n-number of times was fine as long as you don't do too many bad flashes, but this is my first android and am not sure if flashing so much is what I am paying for already!

PS: Never had a bad flash (touch wood!) that nearly bricked my phone apart from couple of occasional hiccups (green android).

Guest targetbsp
Thanks for the quick reply! I checked that option and it says 'Text-message limit 999 messages per conversation'. - is that the one you were pointing to?

Yeah. Dunno then. I've never lost any except when changing roms. At which point I started using a backup app as above. :)

Guest k0zmic

It's kind of good it doesn't allow more than 999 per convo. On my Hero with Sense and Android 1.5, I had around 3500 texts in one convo and that took a good few hours to delete after a few force closes and plenty of freezing.

Weird thing is, a friend with an iPhone said there's went a bit crazy and started opening the Camera app and things when they tried to delete around 2500 texts in a convo so it doesn't seem to be an Android problem.

Guest rockstarszzzz
It's kind of good it doesn't allow more than 999 per convo. On my Hero with Sense and Android 1.5, I had around 3500 texts in one convo and that took a good few hours to delete after a few force closes and plenty of freezing.

Weird thing is, a friend with an iPhone said there's went a bit crazy and started opening the Camera app and things when they tried to delete around 2500 texts in a convo so it doesn't seem to be an Android problem.

I think we can go more than 999 on CM7 as well, but I would not dare do that! Spending time deleting those messages would be more than what I take to write them. However, I would be perfectly happy if my older messages were deleted automatically instead of new ones! I am going to re-wipe, re-set and re-install this ROM and see if this problem still exists. If it does, I might switch ROMs and see if it's the phone or ROM. I am so glad we have apps like SMS Backup phew!

Guest rockstarszzzz

Guys! I messed up :)

I tried to reflash the ROM. Tried to enter recovery by vol down and power on. I have now got a black screen, with grey box and it says 'FTM' in black letters! What does this mean? A brick? Is there a way back? or should I panic now :rolleyes:

Guest Simono

You don't have clockwork recovery and probably You have GEN1 phone. You can user TPT mode to convert to GEN2 and flash clockwork recovery.

Edited by Simono

Guest mcfly666

Seems to me s2e is broken on rc1, formatted sd on a full wipe system installed s2e and now the phone wont boot (stuck on the blue circle)

tried it twice now.

bugger :)

Guest u116040
Seems to me s2e is broken on rc1, formatted sd on a full wipe system installed s2e and now the phone wont boot (stuck on the blue circle)

tried it twice now.

bugger :)

Do you include sdext in "full system wipe" ?

I tried to contact S2E developper about a similar problem : when reinstalling, S2E use /data/apps from sdext but try to put dalvik cache on /data (because it's not using the right setting file), and if you have lot of apps then the cache cannot build (no enough space) and CM stuck rebooting :/

Edited by u116040

Guest rockstarszzzz

Thanks k0smic and Simono :)

For some very strange reasons, my phone had turned into GEN1 phone! I ran Mr. Pigfish to find that out.

I was on N114, when the weird messaging issue occured and then I wanted to re-flash N114 so I tried to enter the recovery via hardware keys. Hence I am very baffled on how might my phone turn from GEN2 running CM7 N114 into GEN1 just by switching off the phone and trying to enter Recovery!

However, good news is I am back on GEN2 by TPT method and flashed the rom again. All seems OK right now. But the bad news is - I still don't know why that weird thing occured!