[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest cjp666
I'm using N94 with the old wifi drivers, but I want to change, sometimes I am using the phone and it restarts without me doing nothing (using gps, playing a game,etc) !

What is the best in terms of stability and battery (in 11H N94 took only 5%)?

Thanks!

I'm in the process of going back to N94. In the last few days I've had reboots over night but my main reason for going back to N94 is that RC1 has the GPS reboot problem for me, plus the battery drain.

Guest Migun

Thanks for your reply :)

Yes,yesterday update from N94 to N115 and noticed the battery drain (went from 8X% to to 5X% when I was sleeping, about 8H, with everything off)!

No GPS problem though.

Edited by Migun

Guest kapros_n
here's my n114 with the libaudio reverted and soft buttons enabled. there's no n115 as nothing was merged it seems.

update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-Blade-KANG-signed-20110628-n114plus_softbuttons.zip md5sum: b7e2889b321011e87017ce32a3b5b225

turns out you only need to set the cm_default_has_soft_buttons bool, not both to enable the soft buttons in the compile.

if you don't like the soft buttons you can just untick each one in the tablet options.

personally i find they're too small for my fingers, but they don't get in the way on the left of the statusbar so i left them on, less wear'n'tear on the hardware buttons i guess :)

softbuttons:

post-839039-1309248500_thumb.jpg

I tried this rom and as I can see the battery life is about the same with the libaudio that supports FM Radio. Are you sure that the reason for the battery drain is this?? I only use it for 9 hours but as I see the battery life seems to be closer to my previous N108 (with fm radio support) rather than N104 (without radio support) that is was using before that.

Edited by kapros_n

Guest sej7278
I tried this rom and as I can see the battery life is about the same with the libaudio that supports FM Radio. Are you sure that the reason for the battery drain is this?? I only use it for 9 hours but as I see the battery life seems to be closer to my previous N108 (with fm radio support) rather than N104 (without radio support) that is was using before that.

the key is that its battery life in standby, not in active use that's effected. in standby (and light use) i'm seeing 4 days or more battery (under 1% drain per hour).

in-use battery life shouldn't be any different from 104 to 115 with or without the radio support.

if people are seeing no difference in standby battery life between my builds (or any nightly patched with libaudio.so from n104) and vanilla 105-115 nightlies, then we need to look into it again, but i don't believe that is the case.

what's worrying is that the devs don't seem to be looking into it.

Edited by sej7278

Guest TigTex

Well, I'm using N113 with the libaudio.so from N104, without FM radio, and my battery in standby is good. If I use the new libaudio.so battery drains very fast. In about 2 days in standby I'm out of battery. With the old libaudio it takes 6 days to completly empty my battery.

So yes, there's a major bug here

I also make one ROM based on this one for zte racer. I had to remove the FM Radio support because the racer battery also discharges in 1-1.5 days.

Every bug that we have on the zte blade, my zte racer rom also has it.

I hope developers fix this problem before the 7.1 final.

Guest sej7278
Well, I'm using N113 with the libaudio.so from N104, without FM radio, and my battery in standby is good. If I use the new libaudio.so battery drains very fast. In about 2 days in standby I'm out of battery. With the old libaudio it takes 6 days to completly empty my battery.

So yes, there's a major bug here

I also make one ROM based on this one for zte racer. I had to remove the FM Radio support because the racer battery also discharges in 1-1.5 days.

Every bug that we have on the zte blade, my zte racer rom also has it.

I hope developers fix this problem before the 7.1 final.

thanks for the confirmation. interesting about the racer too.

Guest targetbsp

Yes. 100% sure. :)

Guest Grain
Well, I'm using N113 with the libaudio.so from N104, without FM radio, and my battery in standby is good. If I use the new libaudio.so battery drains very fast.

Did anyone have a look at logcats? If you see "doAudioRouteOrMute() device ... audio circuit active" (NOT "muted") in the last lines, audio is on. Also, "unmute for radio" lines should only be seen if the FM radio is actually turned on. I'd debug this but I'm very happy with my old builds (and don't need FM radio), plus I don't have much time for this at the moment.

getting slow lordofangals.

N116 out

edit: unbelievable,just as I finished,I look back and there is lordofangals post just before mine.lol

Edited by Guest

Guest lordofangels
getting slow lordofangals.

N116 out

edit: unbelievable,just as I finished,I look back and there is lordofangals post just before mine.lol

yeah, just mind.lol

I've included the change in the build, but haters still gonna hate.

yeah, just mind.lol

I've included the change in the build, but haters still gonna hate.

Always gonna be haters.

Some people not happy unless they complaining,even if they are getting all this for free

Guest rockstarszzzz
Always gonna be haters.

Some people not happy unless they complaining,even if they are getting all this for free

I think getting everything free is treated as a right, instead of previlege in the modern world - shame isn't it?

Guest lordofangels
Always gonna be haters.

agreed, but I was meaning the moaners, moaning about my posts when the new nightly's are out.

agreed, but I was meaning the moaners, moaning about my posts when the new nightly's are out.

Oh that

yes well they just gutted because they cant get there before you.lol

Guest lordofangels
Oh that

yes well they just gutted because they cant get there before you.lol

that could be it aye, never thought of it that way.

Guest timfimjim

Been out of the country for a while,

The wiki says n110 but there's a signed 7.1.0 out,

Which should I use? Can someone fill me in on what's better now?

(I was using n72fixed with libaudio)

Thanks!

Guest Simono

N104 or leatest with libaudio.so from N104 (with libaudio.so from N104 FM radio don't work but battery life is OK).

Edit

@down thanks

Edited by Simono

Guest whowantstwoknow

When people recommend doing a full wipe prior to installing a fresh ROM from scratch, is there any convenient way of resetting the phone up the way it was previously (ie. ring tones, lock screen etc), other than writing down what you have now and then redoing all these changes by hand. The apps and their data are easy to re-apply, its just the actual system configure that puts me off wiping more frequently.

Thanks in advance

W.

Guest k0zmic
When people recommend doing a full wipe prior to installing a fresh ROM from scratch, is there any convenient way of resetting the phone up the way it was previously (ie. ring tones, lock screen etc), other than writing down what you have now and then redoing all these changes by hand. The apps and their data are easy to re-apply, its just the actual system configure that puts me off wiping more frequently.

Thanks in advance

W.

Titanium Backup might be able to do ringtones I think.

Guest will8578

@ everyone and Lordofangels- come on guys give the bloke a rest, it might be his little thing he looks forward to everyday, and he isnt doing any harm, might be annoying but who cares, and look at this morning people are actually trying to beat him to it :rolleyes: , instead of moaning/saying, try and beat him, surely that'll be more fun, anyway my two pence worth, KUTGW Lordofangels, :)