[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Schwinni
Yeah i noticed Maps in my partial wake usage...uninstalled it. May look for an older version!

Do you also have a data connection all the time?

I ask because I have the latest version of Maps installed and although my GPS sensor is turned on all the time, Maps doesn't wake up my phone.

Guest Schwinni
it would be good if you if you put up a zip with all the gapps + updated ones in with the 20110311 zip thingy and sign them all and then people could just open it up and delete the ones they don't want. (just a thought)

I added an updated and extended gapps-gb-20110401-signed.zip. :D

Guest reluctant_traveller
has the gps been fixed on rc4 does anyone know thxs

what about battery guys on RC4?

Seeing as dozens and dozens of posts on these points have already been addressed, but you both seem incapable of reading, or heaven forbid, TESTING for yourself, the answer to your question is yes! both work fantastically now.. No hesitation in installing here!

Although reading your questions more carefully, and not wishing to be as verbose as you both were; What exactly is a battery guy? and no, I personally do not know the poster named thxs.

Edit:

Thought I would add a song that is in my head when I read posts like those quoted; to be sung to the chorus music of The Hippopotamus Song(mud, mud, glorious mud)

Trolls, trolls, cyan-O-gen trolls,

Theres nothing quite like them, they suck like rick-rolls.

So slip on their noose collars,

and rouse a great holler,

as we shove them over the tall castle walls.

Edited by reluctant_traveller

Guest Fou-lu
Seeing as dozens and dozens of posts on these points have already been addressed, but you both seem incapable of reading, or heaven forbid, TESTING for yourself, the answer to your question is yes! both work fantastically now.. No hesitation in installing here!

Although reading your questions more carefully, and not wishing to be as verbose as you both were; What exactly is a battery guy? and no, I personally do not know the poster named thxs.

Edit:

Thought I would add a song that is in my head when I read posts like those quoted; to be sung to the chorus music of The Hippopotamus Song(mud, mud, glorious mud)

your nuts!

Guest campyr
na sorry but the battery drain is back steadily loosing charge with no use ie 8hrs = 16 %

checked battery stats a whopping 24% being used by "maps" the alarming thing is i have never had maps open WHATSOEVER! bizarre?

quick update on battery drain 16hrs with only one 20 second call= 48%

dialer is sitting at 20% of battery use

Guest samjam
its the new version of google maps. it has some silly bloody location aware crap in it that causes it to stay on. I got an increased battery drain on modaco R12 when installing it.

I wondered why the GPS notification in my status bar kept turning on for no reason at all

Guest zerosignull
quick update on battery drain 16hrs with only one 20 second call= 48%

dialer is sitting at 20% of battery use

Not to sure about this but have u tried another dialler like dialler one?

Guest wookie16081965

Edit:

well excuse me friend i have read forum and am getting differing views most say that the gps swiches phone off, even you say reboot after using navigation or maps now im sorry but in alot of people minds thats a problem and thats why i asked but thxs for your info for what its worth

Edited by wookie16081965

Guest reluctant_traveller
well excuse me friend i have read forum and am getting differing views most say there is a gps swiches phone off even you say reboot after using navigation or maps now im sorry but in alot of people minds thats a problem and thats why i asked but thxs for your info for what its worth

I think you missed the point of my post entirely.

You asked about the GPS issues on RC4 - yet you also say you read the forum posts.

If you had read the forum posts, you would already know the answer.

1. Install a stable rom that has the features working, if all else fails, the stock rom is a safe bet.

2. Perform a Nandroid backup.

3. Install RC4, perform tests on the issues you want to confirm.

4. Reboot and restore your Nandroid backup.

Problems solved.

Guest campyr
Not to sure about this but have u tried another dialler like dialler one?

eh no. just always use the dialer that comes with rom.

battery has been superb for the last fortnight or so, just checked what nightly i was on previously and it was n28

oh! and while the memory is still functioning i also had a random "reboot" yesterday, sorry forgot to mention yesterday

Guest wookie16081965
I think you missed the point of my post entirely.

You asked about the GPS issues on RC4 - yet you also say you read the forum posts.

If you had read the forum posts, you would already know the answer.

1. Install a stable rom that has the features working, if all else fails, the stock rom is a safe bet.

2. Perform a Nandroid backup.

3. Install RC4, perform tests on the issues you want to confirm.

4. Reboot and restore your Nandroid backup.

Problems solved.

but as many people on here including you say reboot after using maps or the phone switches off thats a problem if it was fixed using your method why do you reboot

Guest Maringer

I'm not having any problems with Google Maps causing battery drain, though admittedly, I've never run Maps since installing RC4 yesterday. Hmmm. Strange.

Battery drain seems pretty reasonable to me, too.

I'm going to need to start using GPS a bit over the next couple of weeks, however, so if the problem with the phone shutting down persists, this may become a bit of a pain! Note: I've not needed to use GPS over the past 2 weeks so haven't encountered this myself yet.

Guest wookie16081965
I'm not having any problems with Google Maps causing battery drain, though admittedly, I've never run Maps since installing RC4 yesterday. Hmmm. Strange.

Battery drain seems pretty reasonable to me, too.

I'm going to need to start using GPS a bit over the next couple of weeks, however, so if the problem with the phone shutting down persists, this may become a bit of a pain! Note: I've not needed to use GPS over the past 2 weeks so haven't encountered this myself yet.

thanks thats what i was trying to ask if phone switches off or you have to reboot manually then obviously theres a problem with it and asking has it been fixed seems to make people think your thick or cant read

Guest wookie16081965
Damnit. Still having GPS shutdown on RC4...and yes, I did wipe :/

so for you and quite alot of people on here theres still a problem with gps on rc4

Edited by wookie16081965

Guest suriya83

so for you and quite alot of people on here theres still a problem with gps on rc4

well then you did something wrong.

I used GPS couple of times yesterday. phone never shut down

Edited by suriya83

Guest wookie16081965
well then you did something wrong.

I used GPS couple of times yesterday. phone never shut down

thats why i said alot of people not everyone

Guest targetbsp

Except they don't... GPS is still a known issue in the bug tracker. :D

Guest wookie16081965
Except they don't... GPS is still a known issue in the bug tracker. :D

i meant alot of people reporting problem see my earlier posts someone wrote on here that it was fixed you just have to reboot you phone when exciting gps id say that was a problem and thankyou for posting that i dont feel like an idiot now with more wait to my post

Edited by wookie16081965

Guest JolyonS

What apps are you using with GPS and what GPS options do you have set?

Just using Google Maps and with no wifi-based location I've not been able to reproduce this GPS shutdown problem.

Guest pellen
What apps are you using with GPS and what GPS options do you have set?

Just using Google Maps and with no wifi-based location I've not been able to reproduce this GPS shutdown problem.

Any app using the GPS makes it shut down 10-20 minutes after closing down the app. As long as I dont have the USB cable plugged in... So that makes it so much harder to logcat :D When I then pull the cable out, it shuts down within said time.