[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Richard_Arkless

its probably early to tell but I think the notification led bug has been fixed in the new kernel, has anyone else noticed the same?

normally as soon as I receive a notification and dont bother checking it straight away the led gets stuck but with the new kernel the led went away after checking every notification (even if I didnt bother checking it straight away).

Has tom found and fixed the bug at all?

I am currently still on fldc's build, havent bothered upgrading to sej7278's built

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest targetbsp
its probably early to tell but I think the notification led bug has been fixed in the new kernel, has anyone else noticed the same?

normally as soon as I receive a notification and dont bother checking it straight away the led gets stuck but with the new kernel the led went away after checking every notification (even if I didnt bother checking it straight away).

Has tom found and fixed the bug at all?

I am currently still on fldc's build, havent bothered upgrading to sej7278's built

The new kernel doesn't contain notification led functionality whilst asleep full stop. So it's fixed in so much as it doesn't exist and therefore can;t be wrong. :blink: It'll be re-added at a later date.

Guest Richard_Arkless
The new kernel doesn't contain notification led functionality whilst asleep full stop. So it's fixed in so much as it doesn't exist and therefore can;t be wrong. :blink: It'll be re-added at a later date.

Strange when I received something like a text the notification led was on on even when it was in sleep

Oh well nvm the phone probably wasnt fully asleep

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest t0mm13b
Nice. :huh: Thanks sej

How easy do we think it will be to use the old kernel in nightlies once the new one is released? I'll really miss my LED notifications lol

I tried setting up ubuntu myself to compile roms but having never used linux it took me hours and then it told me that I was meant to have used the 64 bit version for Gingerbread so I deleted it in a huff lol.

That part for compiling roms - Google's AOSP source requires 64bit to compile. CM7 does not have that restriction - so don't give up :blink:

Guest bob214

i delete my kangs as they become obsolete.

I take issue with your statement that RC1-KANG is obsolete ;-)

I installed it on Wednesday morning (over N74) and it is easily the best ROM I've ever used.

*Everything* works, there have been *no* problems and battery life is awesome.

It will be a long time before I'm tempted to try a newer ROM.

Thank you for your great work.

Guest CaptainSpectacular
Anyone fancy yet another build for tonight?! Here's my nightly 125 with the following patches:
  • new kernel/libaudio patch 4: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,6495 (seems to have fixed usb eject reboots)
  • screenshot rotatation: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,6547
  • new libcamera: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,6496
  • soft buttons :huh:
    here, so just browse the directory, md5sums and a link back to this thread are there too. Currently we have:

• update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-Blade-KANG-signed-20110707-n125plus.zip (as above)
    • update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-Blade-KANG-signed-20110707-n124plus.zip (old kernel, n104 libaudio, libcamera, screenshot rotate, softbuttons)
    • libaudio-libcamera-20110706-signed.zip (flashable update for regular nightlies to revert to n104 libaudio, new libcamera)

These might not stay there forever as when things get merged they won't be necessary.

Thanks for that work. :blink:

Guest hedgepigdaniel

I've been on sej's build with the second new kernel patchset and my battery life has been very good. 50% after two days. No reboots/instability either, although I haven't plugged it in to charge.

Guest sej7278
I've been on sej's build with the second new kernel patchset and my battery life has been very good. 50% after two days. No reboots/instability either, although I haven't plugged it in to charge.

yeah tom_g said he used 2% over 9 hours and didn't think it was correct/accurate, but i've been been 13 hours on 3% (mostly standby, but some wifi and phonecalls) so its looking pretty good!

i can't find a single fault with my n125+ patched build.

Guest fldc
yeah tom_g said he used 2% over 9 hours and didn't think it was correct/accurate, but i've been been 13 hours on 3% (mostly standby, but some wifi and phonecalls) so its looking pretty good!

I don't know how people get this kind of battery time? :huh: My phone is down like 3-4 percent from 100 within 10 minutes from pulling the cable :blink:

Guest KACE_231

I find that 3G is a massive battery drainer, probably because my signal is usually only 2/3 bars full. Switching to 2G only gives me superb battery life - 36hrs of moderate use.

I don't know how people get this kind of battery time? :huh: My phone is down like 3-4 percent from 100 within 10 minutes from pulling the cable :blink:

That's quite normal or better real. The accuracy will be better under 90%. A link from battery univerity is flowing around explaining why.

Guest hedgepigdaniel
That's quite normal or better real. The accuracy will be better under 90%. A link from battery univerity is flowing around explaining why.

A simple rule of thumb that always holds true is the following: A battery is charged when it has been plugged in overnight, and is empty when the phone turns itself off. All other indicators serve only to confuse the issue.

agreed,your build is very good,no problems with it at all :blink:

Just one thing sej,

could you tell me how you go about turning softkeys on ?

Is it something i could do via root explorer ?

Edited by Guest

Personally I like the menu and back soft buttons, although can be a bit tricky to press at time on 122plus at least

If you use honeycombe 3D theme off market,it enlarges soft keys,

Guest Anil k Solanki
n124 works perfectly for me, found no reason to upgrade yet

Hi, purely out of interest, does Street View work for you in 124? When I was running 122, Street View would launch then force close, on 125+ everything works as expected.

Thanks for your time. Anil.

Guest sej7278
agreed,your build is very good,no problems with it at all :blink:

Just one thing sej,

could you tell me how you go about turning softkeys on ?

Is it something i could do via root explorer ?

no its a compile time flag (see my patch) and the only way to turn it on after compilation i guess would be to get the /system/framework/framework-res.apk from a build with it enabled. i wouldn't like to try that on different version nightlies though e.g. an apk from n125+ running on n74.

i'd hope it would be enabled by default at some point in the future - its harmless as it can be turned off (well at least you can hide all of the buttons) maybe comment on this issue?

Edited by sej7278

Guest sej7278
is it possible to remove soft buttons from status bar?

about 2 pages back:

settings->cyanogenmod settings->tablet tweaks->choose soft-buttons->untick them all