[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest domo-kun
Why so many bladers are having problems with the nightlies I dont understand.

How are you guys installing the roms ?

Every nightly I install,

I wipe cache,dalvik cache and,

format system.

No problems at all !

Same thing except i don't do a format system... No problem at all until now, installed n127 and GPS status app crashes on start (with n125 worked like a charm) :S Anyone with n127 have the same problem??

Edited by domo-kun

Guest rockstarszzzz
New kernel's not suppose to be on the n125+ ?

Sej's version might have had it - unsure.

But N126 din't

N127 seems to have - I think it's got some improved performance fixes.

Guest CaptainSpectacular

But N126 din't

Thanks for that. :blink:

Guest mullen666
You always get green man when you start up the screen, this is followed by skating blue CM7 animation..

not on my phone

I get a static CM7 circle boot screen and then animation

sounds like there is something up with your recovery

I would use one of wbaw's tpt install

Guest rockstarszzzz
not on my phone

I've always got this Green android man ever since I went from Gen1 to Gen2 (i.e. the day I bought the phone!)

Guest super san francisco
Hi sorry to hear about your issue. Do you have a spare Micro SD card? If so put Nightly #126 on the SD card, then boot into recovery and do a factory reset and data wipe. Then clear the Dalvik cache and the regular cache for good measure. Now flash #126, reboot and see if you still have the issue with charging.

I haven't used the latest Nightly #127, so I can't comment on that. But #126 works fine for me. I did wipe everything and started again, including the SD card. I first backed up the SD card to my PC, then wiped the card in recovery, and then copied back ONLY my media files, pictures music movie's etc.

I hope this helps you.

Anil.

i wiped formated the sd card, then put my media back on, let's see whether it maybe had to do with it somehow... rebooting right now...

...and reboot...

i noticed something though:

when the cable is in the phone and i then attach it to the charger, it stays alive.

but when the cable is put in the charger and i stick the micro usb plug into my phone it shuts down...

maybe it has something to do with the usb slot on the phone, maybe something in the kernel, that gives it bad values and it crashes oder reboots to keep itself healthy.

Edited by super san francisco

Guest targetbsp
not on my phone

Both of the phones I've gen2'd have green men. Different green men as they were done in different versions of the converter. Putting the CM7 logo seems a bit specific! Did early versions of the converter do that before we had other gen 2 roms or something?

Guest maTTewCZ
i wiped formated the sd card, then put my media back on, let's see whether it maybe had to do with it somehow... rebooting right now...

I tried it hour ago and nothing changed. SD card - full format. Then wiped everything, clean instal N127+newest gapps.

Guest mullen666

I used wbaw v7 tpt

messed about with phone so much can't be sure of where my blue logo came from

I just find it interesting that there are so many non-specific bugs going round

I believe sej's 126+ is based on new kernel

I hope so because since I installed it my phone does appear to be running faster

either that or i'm going nuts

probably a bit of both

Guest sm4tik

But N126 din't

I just checked the boot.img from both (N126,N127) and they match, so either it's a placebo or there are other things involved :blink:

Edited by sm4tik

Guest sej7278
I used wbaw v7 tpt

messed about with phone so much can't be sure of where my blue logo came from

I just find it interesting that there are so many non-specific bugs going round

I believe sej's 126+ is based on new kernel

I hope so because since I installed it my phone does appear to be running faster

either that or i'm going nuts

probably a bit of both

both my 125+ and 126+ have the new kernel, as does the regular n127 (not sure if n126 did).

i've always had the green man before the bootsplash (mcr12 was skateboard, cm7 is the blue circle) even before i tpt'd to gen2 and even at stock 2.1

i'm seeing some odd battery stats though - 18 hours standby used 7% battery, then i've done some wifi for 20mins and its eaten another 7% !!! turned wifi off and the drain has slowed.

i wonder if the google+ app syncs a shedload of data or something, as i seem to have odd battery behaviour since getting my invite.

unless the new kernel has some wifi changes, surely wifi didn't eat battery that quickly before?

Edited by sej7278

Guest rockstarszzzz
i'm seeing some odd battery stats though - 18 hours standby used 7% battery, then i've done some wifi for 20mins and its eaten another 7% !!!

i wonder if the google+ app syncs a shedload of data or something, as i seem to have odd battery behaviour since getting my invite - unless the new kernel has some wifi changes.

Battery stats are surprising me too!

I've gone over 1 day and 12 hours - and I've got 40% left. I've got wifi on all the time with facebook, twitter, google+ and ESPNscores - all sync real time!

Guest sej7278
Battery stats are surprising me too!

I've gone over 1 day and 12 hours - and I've got 40% left. I've got wifi on all the time with facebook, twitter, google+ and ESPNscores - all sync real time!

i think your wifi is turning off when its on standby, i don't think there's a phone on earth that can go 36 hours with wifi constantly on and syncing on 60% battery.

both my 125+ and 126+ have the new kernel, as does the regular n127 (not sure if n126 did).

Both boot.img have the same md5sum. It should be the same kernel, though.

i'm seeing some odd battery stats though - 18 hours standby used 7% battery, then i've done some wifi for 20mins and its eaten another 7% !!! turned wifi off and the drain has slowed.

Me, too. I simply don't believe my battery stats at the moment. 29 hours after plugging off the charger and still 74%? In the last 9 hours only 9% loss? No way. This is far too good to be true.

Guest Anil k Solanki

...and reboot...

i noticed something though:

when the cable is in the phone and i then attach it to the charger, it stays alive.

but when the cable is put in the charger and i stick the micro usb plug into my phone it shuts down...

maybe it has something to do with the usb slot on the phone, maybe something in the kernel, that gives it bad values and it crashes oder reboots to keep itself healthy.

Hi super san francisco, damn, I was hoping that would sort your issue. Your feedback about the USB cable is interesting. Perhaps you have a hardware issue? A way to check is to flash a Gen 2 version of Swedish Spring, it's not Gingerbread but it is ROCK SOLID. Then see if you have the issue. Personally that is what I would try simply to find out, but you're the one having to do all the work, sorry.

If the issue goes away, then we know it's a software issue, if it doesn't then you may have a hardware issue. I am afraid I am out of my depth now, the other thing left would be another factory wipe & reset, wipe everything, flash N#127, then boot with no SD card installed.

I hope there is someone else here that could kindly step up and offer alternatives.

Regards, Anil.

Guest maTTewCZ
Hi super san francisco, damn, I was hoping that would sort your issue. Your feedback about the USB cable is interesting. Perhaps you have a hardware issue? A way to check is to flash a Gen 2 version of Swedish Spring, it's not Gingerbread but it is ROCK SOLID. Then see if you have the issue. Personally that is what I would try simply to find out, but you're the one having to do all the work, sorry.

If the issue goes away, then we know it's a software issue, if it doesn't then you may have a hardware issue. I am afraid I am out of my depth now, the other thing left would be another factory wipe & reset, wipe everything, flash N#127, then boot with no SD card installed.

I hope there is someone else here that could kindly step up and offer alternatives.

Regards, Anil.

I do not think so that this is HW problem. I have same problem after 125+. I flashed "Ginger Stir Fry" and problem was gone.

Guest Paden

Hey all

I was having problems with Ginger Stir Fry & the proximity sensor during calls in bright light, so thought I'd give CM7 another go, having had to leave it due to Bluetooth issues with my car kit.

Well I appear to have zero problems & full Bluetooth functionality in my car :blink:

Perhaps having come from a different ROM & wiping everything along the way is why I've been lucky enough not to experience any of the issues some have encountered.

Many thanks to all involved!

Cheers, Paul

Guest super san francisco

i thought about that too, flashing GSF instead of CM7, but, i really want those features CM7 offers, i'm pretty sure, that i would go away with GSF,

as maTTewCZ stated.

Guest Anil k Solanki
i thought about that too, flashing GSF instead of CM7, but, i really want those features CM7 offers, i'm pretty sure, that i would go away with GSF,

as maTTewCZ stated.

Hi, I haven't had your issue ever. I had the recharge reboot problem but that was many versions ago. Since being back to CM7 with N124, I have had zero issues. I'm scratching my head as to what your issue could be.

I am on N127 now, flashed a few hours ago, and I have no issues like yours.

One thing I would try is; after a complete factory reset, flash N127. I would shut down and remove the SD card. Turn the phone on, and then see if the issue still remains. But that is just what I (Geek) would do. Or you could forgo the superb goodies in CM7 and use GSF for now. It was excellent when I used B11, but the built in screen lock delay dragged me to CM7. The screen lock delay apps from the Market Place were just too flaky and unreliable.

Again I'm sorry. It's your call.

Anil.

Edited by Anil k Solanki

Has the new kernel in N125 and beyond included VGA and better video recording functionality...?

For God's sake, enough already. N127 has 640x480 vidcam capabilities in m4v format. Choose Youtube (high, 15m) in camcorder app.

Guest Richard_Arkless
Has the new kernel in N125 and beyond included VGA and better video recording functionality...?

The only camera improvement was at n126 where they improved the exposure a bit

Guest dadashi
For God's sake, enough already. N127 has 640x480 vidcam capabilities in m4v format. Choose Youtube (high, 15m) in camcorder app.

unfortunately lgcamera isn't taking any films in CM7, with froyo it works great in 800x480 with video recording...