[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4

It does have it. Have you enabled it in labs? It's off by default.

Damn, the labs thing, I knew there was more to it, stupid me ...

It's just too hot, fries the brain :blink:

Thanks !

Guest KACE_231

Slow, and then some on Opera 11 here.

Way too busy visually, as well. Hopefully the forum will have options to get rid of some of the 'bling' and speed things up a bit.

No too slow for me, but they really need to do something about the main thread lists, there is no seperation between pinned and loose topics.

Guest juniperz

No too slow for me, but they really need to do something about the main thread lists, there is no seperation between pinned and loose topics.

It would better to take the comments about the new look forum to this thread where Paul is actively participating.

Guest JimJam707

seems a bit graphics/css heavy though - rendering feels sluggish on my 3.2ghz quad core running firefox5 - turning off javascript doesn't help, maybe its the server struggling.....?

no idea what the reference is (harry potter or something?)

actually its fecking slow in chrome 14 and opera 11 and the html editor is knackered

Bit laggy on chrome.

Portal 2 reference btw.

Guest Janil

I've been running N127 for day a now.. 15hrs unplugged and it's down to 14%. It says Android OS has used 64% of the battery, but it has been running only 35mins. I wonder what is this and how to fix it? In the good old JJRLS9 only cell stand by and display consumed the majority of my battery. I did a clean install meaning I wiped everything I could during the install.

Also, how to get ä and ö in the keyboard? Marking Finnish in the input languages doesn't help. Ie. how to copy the Swedish keyboard layout to Finnish?

EDIT: top -n 1 -m 5 shows "/system/bin/akmd2" to use 8% of CPU. Is this because of the terminal emulator. 1% for system_server and 1% for events/0.

EDIT2: akmd2 seems to be sensor related.

Edited by Janil

Guest DanManchester

I've been running N127 for day a now.. 15hrs unplugged and it's down to 14%. It says Android OS has used 64% of the battery, but it has been running only 35mins. I wonder what is this and how to fix it? In the good old JJRLS9 only cell stand by and display consumed the majority of my battery. I did a clean install meaning I wiped everything I could during the install.

Also, how to get ä and ö in the keyboard? Marking Finnish in the input languages doesn't help. Ie. how to copy the Swedish keyboard layout to Finnish?

EDIT: top -n 1 -m 5 shows "/system/bin/akmd2" to use 8% of CPU. Is this because of the terminal emulator. 1% for system_server and 1% for events/0.

Janil, not sure what's eating your battery so much but I've been on N127 since yesterday too and am currently at 82% still with light use.

snapshot10.png

Guest sm4tik

There's a bug report on the tracker for fi kb layout. Please go star it! Currently the layout is f*kt.. I'll add a link later.

edit: Here's the link http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=2891

Edited by sm4tik

Guest KACE_231

Old news.And it does not really work,it will play some games online but no video.I uninstalled it as it made browser crash on sites with too much flash.

Yeah same, i guess adobe were right in our processors being too slow to handle flash

Guest super san francisco

Yeah same, i guess adobe were right in our processors being too slow to handle flash

i guess we should trust these developer guys then, telling us about their daily work as professionals ;)

Guest sej7278

i guess we should trust these developer guys then, telling us about their daily work as professionals ;)

hey - nobody ever accused adobe developers of being professionals :P

Guest maTTewCZ

Here is my logcat. Phone reboots after plugging charger. Here are interesting lines right before reboot:

W/Vold	(  128): Ignoring unknown switch 'usb_connected'

W/Vold	(  128): Ignoring unknown switch 'MSM72K_UDC'

W/Vold	(  128): Ignoring unknown switch 'usb_configuration'

Anybody else with this problem&logcat?

logcat.txt

Guest Anil k Solanki

hey - nobody ever accused adobe developers of being professionals :P

That's because they are professionals and damn fine coders too. I tried the plug in for a laugh, and even at 787Mhz (Stable) the browser crashed. This forum has taken the Blade to new heights, but there is a limit when the code hit's metal. I still laugh even now, £100 and no handcuff contract, amazing stuff. But there is a limit.

Guest dadashi

It works for me anyway, has opened every flash I've tried in the standard browser...haven't tried any other browsers though.

I watched a couple of news streams as well. Video is a little bit laggy but audio comes through perfectly. Could be the connection....I don't watch TV on my mobile anyway, it's too small

Flashlite in eclair was better though, I watched BBC iplayer perfectly back then, haven't tried iplayer with this setup yet...and I haven't tried any flash games either, they run poorely on my laptop anyway so no point running off a mobile.........

Flash plays perfectly on my 4 year old 300Mhz nokia N95 including video streams so I don't think the 600Mhz CPU lacks any processing power. I'd say its just a lack of interest from adobe...also lack of money and pressure from a huge company like nokia....

What is bothering is the wifi reconnect issue from standby....it doesn't work! I have to turn Wifi on and off to get a connection....

Edited by dadashi

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Flash plays perfectly on my 4 year old 300Mhz nokia N95 including video streams so I don't think the 600Mhz CPU lacks any processing power. I'd say its just a lack of interest from adobe...also lack of money and pressure from a huge company like nokia....

You said it. It the Blade wasn't powerful enough it would just be slow, not unstable. Its unstable because its been hacked to work on a CPU it wasn't designed for, not one that isn't fast enough.

Guest Simono

On N126 with kernel from new sources I have no previous issues with connecting with my BT car kit and for now 3 days without GPS reboot :)

Guest sej7278

Here is my logcat. Phone reboots after plugging charger. Here are interesting lines right before reboot:

which nightly are you using, and are you using a mains charger or a pc?

holy moly this new theme is slow - i've literally just seen that code quote get colourised!

Edited by sej7278

Guest marinblu

Hi, have you realized any unusual battery drain with wifi on (n127) or it is normal ?

I had wifi open for 30 minutes (mail 2.4MB, browser 570kb and rss reader 54kb) and from 72% the battery lost 15%!

Guest Jean85

logcat.txt

Yesterday I had this reboot too. N128 and wall charger, not PC.

Guest Janil

Janil, not sure what's eating your battery so much but I've been on N127 since yesterday too and am currently at 82% still with light use.

A reboot seems to have fixed it. 6hrs unplugged now and down by 3%.

There's a bug report on the tracker for fi kb layout. Please go star it! Currently the layout is f*kt.. I'll add a link later.

edit: Here's the link http://code.google.c.../detail?id=2891

Yeah, I've starred it. I was wondering how I could achieve this myself. Shouldn't be too hard to copy the Swedish layout to Finnish if I knew where to look at.

EDIT: typo.

EDIT2: should be as easy as copy android_packages_inputmethods_LatinIME / java / res / xml-sv to android_packages_inputmethods_LatinIME / java / res / xml-fi. I don't have enough time to setup compiling environment this week, but I'll compile it next week!

Edited by Janil

Guest rockstarszzzz

Hi, have you realized any unusual battery drain with wifi on (n127) or it is normal ?

I had wifi open for 30 minutes (mail 2.4MB, browser 570kb and rss reader 54kb) and from 72% the battery lost 15%!

I don't think it's just the wifi. Any sort of data connection is draining it on N127 I guess. I had datasync on for fb, twitter, google+ and 2 email accounts - within 5 hours it went from 100% to 18% - shocking!