[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Stuart_f

Don't think I've seen this issue before.

Hold the phone in portrait orientation

Open the apps page

Turn the phone to landscape

All the app icons sit on top of each other in the top left corner.

post-197771-0-68712100-1310814502_thumb.

Guest hecatae

Don't think I've seen this issue before.

Hold the phone in portrait orientation

Open the apps page

Turn the phone to landscape

All the app icons sit on top of each other in the top left corner.

post-197771-0-68712100-1310814502_thumb.

would be worth attaching that to the issue tracker, is that on a nightly or a stable or release candidate?

Guest Stuart_f

would be worth attaching that to the issue tracker, is that on a nightly or a stable or release candidate?

It's a nightly :( 126 to be precise.

It's a nightly :( 126 to be precise.

I can't confirm this behaviour. It works fine for me with ADW EX. What Launcher are you using?

Anyway, did you try update to N127 or above?

Edited by bhf

Guest Stuart_f

I can't confirm this behaviour. It works fine for me with ADW EX. What Launcher are you using?

Anyway, did you try update to N127 or above?

Launcher Pro Plus v0.8.6

Rebooted phone and it still does it everytime. Swapped to ADW and it behaves as expected. Seem that either this isn't a CM bug or its an interaction between CM and this specific app. I'll report it to the app author.

Guest SlyXo

Hi,

Is browsing performance and apps speed and response better in overclocked CM7 or in GSF? I do not need CM7 features or GSF battery life. What is your opinion?

Thanks.

Guest mullen666
<br />Launcher Pro Plus v0.8.6<br /><br />Rebooted phone and it still does it everytime.  Swapped to ADW and it behaves as expected.  Seem that either this isn't a CM bug or its an interaction between CM and this specific app.  I'll report it to the app author.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

yep

happens to me sometimes as well with launcher pro

I just swipe the app draw as normal and it redraws them properly

Guest k0zmic

Hi,

Is browsing performance and apps speed and response better in overclocked CM7 or in GSF? I do not need CM7 features or GSF battery life. What is your opinion?

Thanks.

Around the same IMO, I think heavy games feel a tiny bit quicker in GSF though.

If I were you I'd try CM7 first, If you don't like it then go for GSF.

Guest Nikunj

Hi Guys,

I am currently on Gen1 (old CM7 nightly) and planning to upgrade to Gen2 (I will be referring to WBAW's thread) tonight. I know answer to my question is very relative but just want to get a sense of which is the best nightly to upgrade to (in terms of battery life). I have read that GSF is pretty amazing with battery life but will definitely want to try and stick to CM7.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Guest Simono

i bought rommanager premium for the nightly download/notification but i rarely use it now - i just download (or compile) on my pc and flash from sdcard, i find it downloads so slowly on the phone. also i think cm7 has update notifications built-in, or is that just for stable/rc releases?

I also bought rommanager premium about a month ago. Notification is one on day if is new nightly and if You flash not self build ROM I think. After flash RC1 I dont have new notification, then I flash manualy N114 and notification working for every new nightly.

Guest Anil k Solanki

I also bought rommanager premium about a month ago. Notification is one on day if is new nightly and if You flash not self build ROM I think. After flash RC1 I dont have new notification, then I flash manualy N114 and notification working for every new nightly.

Hi Simono, nightlies are different from Release Candidate (RC) ROM's. Nightlies are experimental builds, with possible known bugs. RC's are exactly as the name implies, a release that is a possible candidate for general distribution to the public. ROM Manager Premium knows which type of release your running and will notify you accordingly.

I hope this helps. Anil.

Edited by Anil k Solanki

Guest sej7278

I am currently on Gen1 (old CM7 nightly) and planning to upgrade to Gen2 (I will be referring to WBAW's thread) tonight. I know answer to my question is very relative but just want to get a sense of which is the best nightly to upgrade to (in terms of battery life). I have read that GSF is pretty amazing with battery life but will definitely want to try and stick to CM7.

i think the latest TPT with integrated rom is based on RC1, after giving that a try i'd say go for the latest nightly 133 as that only has wifi battery problems. rc1 still has the old kernel with libaudio battery problems.

Edited by sej7278

Guest spaceguy

hallo guys

i am running N133 and i have the deep sleep problem. when using CPU SPY it shows that my phone does not go to sleep. maybe I loose such a big amount of battery during the night, what should I do? any advice is wolcomed

EDIT: i can actually wake it up be pressing the three buttons (home, menu and back), even i if have the End Button Behavior set to Go To Sleep, why?:(

Edited by spaceguy

Guest Anil k Solanki

So, I'm planning to update to the upcoming N134 from N128. What do I need to wipe? I'd prefer not wiping the whole phone.

Dalvik cache.

Anil.

lots of fixes in next nightly,

not sure how many are for blade ?

At least bluetooth networking (PAN) and bluetooth network service should be for us. Sounds cool to have three options to tether, wlan, usb and now bluetooth.

TomG commented in Gerrit that it may not work correctly on Blade yet, we have to wait a see.

The buildserver seems lazy today.

Edited by Waws

Guest Clitheroe1

After long declaring my love for the FLB Froyo ROM, I'm now using CM7 N128 and although the battery life is not as good, overall I am very happy with it. It's seems very stable and has a lot of useful features, including also having the power bar widget in notification bar which I really like when using FLB. and is faster. One annoying feature, is all the notifications icons for things like messages, Twitter and Gmail, appear in the notification bar in grey whereas I was used to seeing them in their generic colour (green for messages, blue for Twitter and red for Gmail, etc). Although this is a trivial issue, and doesn't take away from the brilliance of this ROM, when you don't have perfect eyesight, having colour noticification icons was really helpful. I'm still looking for a solution to this.

Anyone who was reluctant like me to take the plunge of upgrading to CM7, my advice would be to go for it, my experience has been positive and I have no regrets over making the change.

Guest Zandarts

hallo guys

i am running N133 and i have the deep sleep problem. when using CPU SPY it shows that my phone does not go to sleep. maybe I loose such a big amount of battery during the night, what should I do? any advice is wolcomed

EDIT: i can actually wake it up be pressing the three buttons (home, menu and back), even i if have the End Button Behavior set to Go To Sleep, why?:(

Same problem here, after doing complete swipe and installing CM7 133, phone never goes to sleep and battery is almost empty at the end of the day with a few phone calls made (wifi and mobile data is turned off). Any suggestions?

Guest qwerty_29

Hello everyone!

This is my first contribuition to this forum, though I have been following it for long now...

First of all THANK YOU to everyone who has made a excellent job developing or spreading the word about this fantastic ROM!

I installed this ROM firstly on nightly 131! It is great, but I think I have noticed a couple of downsides which I would like to share with you, hoping that some of you have enlightfull thoughts about it.

First: as sej7278 stated, I also think that WiFi drains a lot of battery! Dont get me wrong, battery usage is overall great, but when I turn WiFi on the battery just vanishes (like 1% for each 2 or 3 minutes), e.g., a lot faster than when using GPS! Can anyone else confirm this? Any known fixes workarounds?

Second: bluetooth share stops: when tring to share a file via Bluetooth, the process stops and makes it unable to share. Does it happen to someone else too?

Third: though battery usage during sleep is excelent, I am not sure the phone sleeps properly. This night a strange behavior alerted me to this problem: I put the phone to sleep and went to sleep myself. After 4 hours I woke up, and pick up the phone to check the time, and also noticed that the battery drainage was 0% (great! From 50% before sleep to 50% after 4hours). We both went back to sleep. Woke up definitely after 5hours, check on the phone. The battery drained 16% (!!!) from 50 to 34%! Check on battery usage statistics to see what was the problem: the phone kept awake during these last 5h... Any guess?

Here's the detailed screenshot:

post-791907-0-02960700-1310910127_thumb.

Notice that after the first woke, the phone did not sleep properly...

I also find it strange that wifi shows up as active during the whole time, even though I set it to deactivate when the screen is off...

Any thoughts??

EDIT: Don't mean to brag, hehe, but... nice first post, hum? :P

Edited by qwerty_29

Guest hedgepigdaniel

haha you are a lolcake.

I believe that the wifi draining battery is a known problem with the new kernel that was merged in N126.

Guest Anil k Solanki

After long declaring my love for the FLB Froyo ROM, I'm now using CM7 N128 and although the battery life is not as good, overall I am very happy with it. It's seems very stable and has a lot of useful features, including also having the power bar widget in notification bar which I really like when using FLB. and is faster. One annoying feature, is all the notifications icons for things like messages, Twitter and Gmail, appear in the notification bar in grey whereas I was used to seeing them in their generic colour (green for messages, blue for Twitter and red for Gmail, etc). Although this is a trivial issue, and doesn't take away from the brilliance of this ROM, when you don't have perfect eyesight, having colour noticification icons was really helpful. I'm still looking for a solution to this.

Anyone who was reluctant like me to take the plunge of upgrading to CM7, my advice would be to go for it, my experience has been positive and I have no regrets over making the change.

Hi Clitheroe1, unfortunately for you the notification icons are all standard Gingerbread icons, and it's not something that you can change simply or permanently, every ROM update will flash over any tweaks.

However I have a possible solution to the SMS icon part of your problem. I use an app called "Go SMS Pro", it is free and very customizable. You can customise the interface and, more importantly for you, the notification icon. If you do use this app, don't forget to turn off notification in the stock SMS app, otherwise you will get two lots of notifications.

smsapp_0b0b.pngnotificationicons_56d8.png

I use a slightly customised built in Apple/iPhone theme for conversation view of my messages. You could customise it to suit your visual needs. Sorry I can't help with the Gmail icon.

Regards. Anil.

Edited by Anil k Solanki

Guest Nickman1200

That's the normal Android one... :blink: Under settings about phone. The zoomed in graph is obtained by just clicking the graph.

LOL never seen that before. Thx.

Guest Lloir

sorry if this has been asked, but does WIFI still "turn off" when the phone is sleeping? if it's stopped doing that then i'll come back to CM