[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest VictorMartinez

Hi VictorMartinez, I believe you can pay for ROM Manager Premium with PayPal. To which you would need to have a bank account linked.

Anil.

i dont have pff.. :/

why the battery is ending so fast dude??? do you know?? without doing nothing ...!!

Edited by VictorMartinez

Guest targetbsp

i dont have pff.. :/

why the battery is ending so fast dude??? do you know?? without doing nothing ...!!

It's because of a battery drain bug in RC1 to do with the FM Radio (even if you don;t use it). You either need to replace libaudio on the phone with an older version (N104) or upgrade to a newer version (nightly) of CM7.

Guest VictorMartinez

It's because of a battery drain bug in RC1 to do with the FM Radio (even if you don;t use it). You either need to replace libaudio on the phone with an older version (N104) or upgrade to a newer version (nightly) of CM7.

w0w realy ??? i didnt know that.... so i will change it to the newer cm7 nightly..... 2011-07-16 09:12:26..... or no ?

Edited by VictorMartinez

Guest targetbsp

I believe the wifi battery usage in the new nightlies is pretty high, and the phone doesn't have LED notifications for missed events whilst it's asleep. I think those are the only downsides in the new nightlies over the older versions? Other than that it's as good as or better than RC1 in every respect. It seems to run cooler and a bit faster in my brief testing.

To people using the newer versions, I don't recall seeing recent comments about GPS reboots. Is that fixed now then?

Guest Simono

Now no GPS reboots :)

I don't have any GPS reboots from nigtly that have kernel compiled from new sources (from N126).

Edited by Simono

Guest Anil k Solanki

i was thinking a bit more low-level than that (not trusting gui apps which probably just do api calls) but i just had a look from adb and dmesg shows this lot when i turn off wifi from the notification power bar, which looks okay:

<4>[07-17 19:49:09.312831] [228: WifiService]AR6K: ar6000_cleanup_module ar6000_destroy [0]

<4>[07-17 19:49:09.312831] [228: WifiService]+ar6000_destroy 

<4>[07-17 19:49:09.312831] [228: WifiService]debug_hdr_ptr: 0x5018f0

<4>[07-17 19:49:09.538075] [228: WifiService]Length: 0 (Total size: 1500)

<4>[07-17 19:49:09.538075] [228: WifiService]ar6000_stop_endpoint -- enter

<4>[07-17 19:49:09.538075] [228: WifiService]ar6000_stop_endpoint issue disconnect cmd in 2282

<4>[07-17 19:49:09.538075] [228: WifiService]ar6000_stop_endpoint(): WMI stopped

<4>[07-17 19:49:09.538075] [228: WifiService] Shuting down HTC .... 

<4>[07-17 19:49:09.538075] [228: WifiService]HIFMaskInterrupt release irq

<6>[07-17 19:49:09.538075] [228: WifiService][sdio_card_irq_put] host was claimed release it first

<6>[07-17 19:49:09.538075] [228: WifiService]destroy  mmc_sdio_irq_wake_lock

<4>[07-17 19:49:09.538075] [228: WifiService] Host does not want target reset. 

<4>[07-17 19:49:09.808070] [228: WifiService]-ar6000_destroy 

<3>[07-17 19:49:09.808070] [228: WifiService]verg_disable succeed

<4>[07-17 19:49:09.808070] [228: WifiService]Trigger mmc detect for removing sdio wifi card

<6>[07-17 19:49:09.858066] [12: kmmcd]mmc1: card 0001 removed

<4>[07-17 19:49:10.988063] [228: WifiService]ar6000_cleanup: success

Hi sej7278, so from looking at your log output, k0zmic's assertion that Wi-Fi doesn't turn off properly/completely is inaccurate? Because from what I can see the Wi-Fi service was shut down correctly.

Anil.

Guest k0zmic

Hi sej7278, so from looking at your log output, k0zmic's assertion that Wi-Fi doesn't turn off properly/completely is inaccurate? Because from what I can see the Wi-Fi service was shut down correctly.

Anil.

Sorry, I should've clarified.

I meant Wi-Fi doesn't seem turned off properly via the built in sleep police to me since my battery drains more

However, when I use an app like GreenPower to basically automate turning Wi-Fi on and off manually as it would be done via Settings > Wireless Networks > Uncheck Wi-Fi or the notification bar my battery life improves and reconnects are a lot better.

Guest Simono

When Will be released N134? there's a lot of changes announcement

Probably Bot is working, for some devices new build is available.

where can i download google maps??

From Android Market

Guest Anil k Solanki

Sorry, I should've clarified.

I meant Wi-Fi doesn't seem turned off properly via the built in sleep police to me since my battery drains more

However, when I use an app like GreenPower to basically automate turning Wi-Fi on and off manually as it would be done via Settings > Wireless Networks > Uncheck Wi-Fi or the notification bar my battery life improves and reconnects are a lot better.

Hi k0zmic, thanks for the clarification. I use Wi-Fi Widget which is available from the Market Place, and it definitely shuts down Wi-Fi. Skype on the other hand insists on running even when I quit the damn app, bloody crap!

Thanks. Anil.

Guest k0zmic

Hi k0zmic, thanks for the clarification. I use Wi-Fi Widget which is available from the Market Place, and it definitely shuts down Wi-Fi. Skype on the other hand insists on running even when I quit the damn app, bloody crap!

Thanks. Anil.

I think it's safe to think that Wi-Fi is turned off properly when done manually (or with a shortcut to the manual way).

Excluding when bad apps don't shut down.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest Anil k Solanki

i cant do it that .... coz when i search i cant find them

Hi VictorMartinez, I searched the "internet" and it took me all of 30 secs to find a link to Google apps, and the reason they are not included by default. Anyway the link below will take you to a link to download the apps.

Google Apps.

Regards. Anil.

Guest sm4tik

When will be available to the 2.6.35.7 kernel? :mellow:

I see you're new here so I'll give you a brief answer. As soon as the source for it is available then the devs can start their work on it. ZTE hasn't yet released a phone with the newer kernel, so they're not giving out the source. That said, this is discussed in the main ZTE Blade / Libra - Blade.MoDaCo.com section. Use the search if you can't find it/them as you should always do before posting, there's a chance you'll find your answer that way. This kernel issue for one has been discussed quite alot..

Welcome aboard :)

Edited by sm4tik

Guest Anil k Solanki

Take that Vision! We're coming for you Incredible!

I will definitely wait to hear your verdict k0zmic. Hopefully you will report back that there are no major issues.

Anil.

Guest k0zmic

I will definitely wait to hear your verdict k0zmic. Hopefully you will report back that there are no major issues.

Anil.

Oh, I haven't downloaded it yet, I might do later. I was waiting on Simono's verdict :D!

Guest Anil k Solanki

Oh, I haven't downloaded it yet, I might do later. I was waiting on Simono's verdict :D!

Sorry dude, no pressure. I misread a post. I'm really glad I switched back to Cyanogen a few weeks back. I love the built in screen lock delay, and the screen shot feature to name just a few useful features. We are truly spoiled by the work of the dev team.

Anil.

Guest Simono

N135 on my Blade, but to fast to say some about it. All saw what is added to this build :).

Now not yet build in "screen lock delay" only switch ton on/off slider if pattern/PIN/security paswword i set. From some time I use this app DelayedLock for "screen lock delay" and of course wait when it will be build in on CM7.

Edited by Simono

Guest VictorMartinez

Hi VictorMartinez, I searched the "internet" and it took me all of 30 secs to find a link to Google apps, and the reason they are not included by default. Anyway the link below will take you to a link to download the apps.

Google Apps.

Regards. Anil.

i download it ... and how do i install it??? dude thanks for helping me!!!! thanks a lot

Edited by VictorMartinez