[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Anil k Solanki

Here is what I did:

1. Boot into recovery and wiped the Dalvik Cache, and the cache partition.
  2. Flash N146,
  3. reboot,
  4. boot into recovery, wiped cache and data,
  5. and then flashed Google apps.
  6. Reboot and sign into Google.

Is there anything wrong with the way I did it? I don't think that it can cause my Wi-Fi problems. The market works now but re-installing all my previous apps would be time consuming and eat up a lot of my data. There must be a more convenient way.

BTW, can anyone recommend a good off-line satnav application for Android?

Hi, your Wi-Fi issues seem like a local problem, as I said before, provide more information about your situation. What type of Wi-Fi network are you connecting to? B or G, is it secured? Have you tried rebooting your Wi-Fi device and turning off security whilst testing the problem?

I have no idea about sat nav, I use a TomTom device.

Anil.

Guest Chris Banks

This is a rather strange one, but Ill go on..

No matter what music app I use, it refuses to group albums as one when there are different artists, even when view as album artists is selected.

I had no issue of this kind in other ROM's and nothing has changed on my SD card.

Tried wiping app data and no luck.

Has anyone one else experienced this?

I know it seems a little petty but its hindering music use. Apart from this I am extremely happy with CM7 and I'm glad I've switched back to it after using GSF of a little while.

Running N146.

EDIT: Fixed.

Using something like winamp or windows media player, select all your songs in a VA album and right click and edit metadata.

Then rename the 'album artist' to the album title. This sorted it out for me on player pro (with use album artists ticked in settings.)

I did the same for songs without albums and used 'no album'.

Funnily enough I thought had already do this so didn't try it! Moral is always check before you post ha, but at least I've hopefully helped the others who where having same 'problem.'

Edited by Chris Banks

Guest tsddave

zurpher

Android satnav:-

I use copilot..its feature rich and only uses gps. Ive never had an issue with it and it can be set for other modes of transport other than car also, for example if your a cyclist it will recognise routes you cant cycle like through tunnels. I have a tomtom but I prefer this!

Edited by tsddave

Guest dadashi

zurpher

Android satnav:-

I use copilot..its feature rich and only uses gps. Ive never had an issue with it and it can be set for other modes of transport other than car also, for example if your a cyclist it will recognise routes you cant cycle like through tunnels. I have a tomtom but I prefer this!

does it actualy work with cm7 and gingerbread (android 2.3.x and above)? Ive had navigon, mobile maps, copilot and aura working with eclair and froyo but only aura works with cm7 / Gingerbread..

aura is the newest nav from sygic replacing mobilemaps and mcdrive...

Guest Clitheroe1

No matter what music app I use, it refuses to group albums as one when there are different artists, even when view as album artists is selected.

I had no issue of this kind in other ROM's and nothing has changed on my SD card.

I know it seems a little petty but its hindering music use. Apart from this I am extremely happy with CM7 and I'm glad I've switched back to it after using GSF of a little while.

Running N146.

Yes, I have the same problem and I've no idea what causes it or how to fix it. I'm not sure it a problem peculiar to CM7 tough as I think I had the same issue with GSF.

Guest sej7278

does it actualy work with cm7 and gingerbread (android 2.3.x and above)? Ive had navigon, mobile maps, copilot and aura working with eclair and froyo but only aura works with cm7 / Gingerbread..

igo 8.4.2 i like, i've used it for years on my regular gps and can share the maps with the phone.

Guest tsddave

Yes I used copilot with cm7 without issue.

Guest dadashi

Ok, I tried to install it in CM7.... When I get to choose a voice it says it has a download error and the programme ends...

EDIT: I downloaded a voice using wifi and it works!!

Now I can compare it to Aura when I'm driving.

It's good to have at least a couple of satnav apps just in case one of them buggers up when its needed most....

What is strange is I can't find the copilot file on the sd card on the pc but it can be seen in android file manager!?

Edited by dadashi

Guest Pelemanne

Yes, I have the same problem and I've no idea what causes it or how to fix it. I'm not sure it a problem peculiar to CM7 tough as I think I had the same issue with GSF.

Clitheroe1, Can't recognize you from your picture, it's quite unclear. Would you please update your picture!

Guest dadashi

I've given up on copilot, I downloaded the trial version but it only gave me problems...

I downloaded the newest navigon and maps online and it works with cm7!!

They've obviously updated their app for android 2.3

Navigon is the best satnav for android hands down....tomtom would be good as well but I don't think it's available for android yet

Guest tsddave

I've given up on copilot, I downloaded the trial version but it only gave me problems...

I downloaded the newest navigon and maps online and it works with cm7!!

They've obviously updated their app for android 2.3

Navigon is the best satnav for android hands down....tomtom would be good as well but I don't think it's available for android yet

No chance.Ive tried pretty much every gps nav for Android and nothing has the features or the problem free operation that co pilot has. This is why copilot always turns up on top in pretty much every review comparison.

I dont know why copilot gave you issues thats strange. Has worked fine for me in the USA, Norway ,England and France.

Its a shame though because your really missing out.

Guest lisaamybeth

Hi M8

I had this same problem today..... turned out to be the wireless security key was wrong.... Input correct code and all was sorted..

Just a thought !!

J

I ran the latest CyanogenMod 7.1 and tried Swedish Spring before. Both and my previous long-term ROM by Paul have the WiFi issue. It just scans, tries to connect and then disconnects just to start the whole cycle all over again. Quite frustrating.

I now at least managed to install Google Apps and can access the market. I wanted to re-install Titanium Bachup to get some of my previous APKs back put currently the programme does not start downloading. If you have any ideas what the issue might be with this I would appreciate it. I currently access the internet via 3G but do not have a flatrate.

Guest ritterkeks

Running N146.

Here! I did also experience this after going from MCR to CM7.1.RC and now to N146.

On Froyo this was not a problem. Even my folder "#mixed" has been automatically displayed as one album, now even tracks from one album and one artist BUT different co-artists are displayed as many different albums... Stupid "feature"

At first I thought, Player Pro screwed it up, as the new version states that "Albums from different artists are now better grouped together", and through messin with it, they couldve as well destroyed the old grouping.

Well not good. But would you say that this is a general Gingerbread novum them?

Guest Chris Banks

Here! I did also experience this after going from MCR to CM7.1.RC and now to N146.

On Froyo this was not a problem. Even my folder "#mixed" has been automatically displayed as one album, now even tracks from one album and one artist BUT different co-artists are displayed as many different albums... Stupid "feature"

At first I thought, Player Pro screwed it up, as the new version states that "Albums from different artists are now better grouped together", and through messin with it, they couldve as well destroyed the old grouping.

Well not good. But would you say that this is a general Gingerbread novum them?

Ok, so I have found a fix for our little issue. Using something like winamp or windows media player, select all your songs in a VA album and right click and edit metadata.

Then rename the 'album artist' to the album title. This sorted it out for me on player pro (with use album artists ticked in settings.)

I did the same for songs without albums and used 'no album'.

Funnily enough I thought had already do this so didn't try it! Moral is always check before you post ha, but at least I've hopefully helped the others who where having same 'problem.'

No chance.Ive tried pretty much every gps nav for Android and nothing has the features or the problem free operation that co pilot has. This is why copilot always turns up on top in pretty much every review comparison.

I dont know why copilot gave you issues thats strange. Has worked fine for me in the USA, Norway ,England and France.

Its a shame though because your really missing out.

+1 on copilot. Never had any issues and works fine for me. Perfect for us who have limited mobile data :)

Edited by Chris Banks

Guest lordofangels

I demand an investigation to determine how this happened!

hehe, my fault, was a nice evening so took my dog out for a run,

when I got back I had been beaten far and square.:)

Guest ididmytime

I know we can launch issues with RC and stable builds, but is there a way we can request a feature?

I would like to request that Surface Dithering is off by default. It causes too many problems for people and the blade needs all the performance it can get, without adding processing to the image.

Guest rockstarszzzz

hehe, my fault, was a nice evening so took my dog out for a run,

when I got back I had been beaten far and square.:)

I slept so proudly last night! :)

BTW on development note, N148 - I don't see any issues at all. I am not sure about wifi yet, I don't use it!

I am on giffgaff - so use all the unlimited internet I can ;)

Guest targetbsp

Has anyone noticed that the last 2 nightlies of this are running on 5/5 from over 350 votes on Rom Manager. I've always been a fan of it but nice to see it's really getting there in the eyes of others as well. :)

Guest Anil k Solanki

Has anyone noticed that the last 2 nightlies of this are running on 5/5 from over 350 votes on Rom Manager. I've always been a fan of it but nice to see it's really getting there in the eyes of others as well. :)

I haven't had any issues since N142, my battery life is great, I have Wi-Fi turned on all the time in advanced settings. I watched one movie, played angry birds for an hour, lots of email and browsing and texting, not many phone calls though (ironic). All this and I get at least 30+ hours. Great stuff.

Anil.