[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest samjam

libra is just a 2.2 blade, its still 2.6.32 kernel, not 2.6.35 like 2.3 skate.

we already has teh codez for 2.6.32 :D

by the sounds of it, zte has about a week to release teh sourcez if skate is due on the 12th - they did promise before september 1st....

I guess that before September 1st means WEDNESDAY 31st August...

Guest Ray-man

WTF? talk about doing things the hard way lol! just flash the vanilla n152 (wipe dalvik) and then flash my dhcpcd-signed.zip, job done. hopefully that will get you going on your homehub.

Hey sej - Don't shoot the pianist, I guess you're still sore about me questioning your pedigree! Well it's easy for you experts to forget that there's a whole lot of people out here that haven't got a clue about how these things work but are willing to learn. Even terms like vanilla for example, may well refer to the release standard download but could easily be an entirely different animal like ginger for example that some of us mere mortals may not have been exposed to yet!

I'm doing my best to make a contribution here so you'll either have to be patient, or consider filling in more of the gaps when you post, that way more of us novices might understand WTF it all means.

Guest tijnam

I guess that before September 1st means WEDNESDAY 31st August...

not wanting to be pessimist but zte made a bit of hash last time and i suspect they will do again, but i do hope we get the relevent sources because the blade is getting to its potential, software wise

Edited by tijnam

Guest Anil k Solanki

Hey sej - Don't shoot the pianist, I guess you're still sore about me questioning your pedigree! Well it's easy for you experts to forget that there's a whole lot of people out here that haven't got a clue about how these things work but are willing to learn. Even terms like vanilla for example, may well refer to the release standard download but could easily be an entirely different animal like ginger for example that some of us mere mortals may not have been exposed to yet!

I'm doing my best to make a contribution here so you'll either have to be patient, or consider filling in more of the gaps when you post, that way more of us novices might understand WTF it all means.

Hi Ray-man, I wouldn't take sej7278's comments personally, he shouted at me the other day. He was merely expressing constellation in the modern vernacular. A factory reset, is basically wiping everything and starting again, the last resort for most people.

We all help each other here, how often you help others should not be the metric for how valuable your contribution is. I think it is "awesome" to be in a public forum as helpful as this one. At the very least, I have thoroughly enjoyed your posts. We all have to start somewhere, and you are doing very well indeed.

Anil.

Guest androrphin

Another newbie question (it's fascinating with all the possibilities for frakensteining your blade :o):

Would it be possible to extract the 2.6.35 kernel out of GSF and use it with CM7?

If so would it be worthwhile ?

If so how would you do it ?

Or should I wait until 1 Sep ?

Guest Simono

Would it be possible to extract the 2.6.35 kernel out of GSF and use it with CM7?

No because for now there is no source for kernel on GFS. On CM7 kernel is build from sources.

Guest sej7278

Hi, I'm running N152 and noticed today I couldn't download and run Google Street View. I start the download, it starts, but it never completes. But after that, Marketplace thinks the app has downloaded but won't let me launch it from the Marketplace. Not a deal breaker because Google maps works fine. I have wiped all the caches and no difference.

i had a similar issue with rommanager - i got 4.3.3.0 from market, then flashed my first stab at n151+ which mistakenly had 4.3.2.4 in it, then i couldn't get the market update again, which is why i rebuilt n151+ with 4.3.3.0 already in

some odd stuff going on with the market right now i think, probably in preparation for this new market app that some are already using from the leak (which seems full of bugs!)

Edited by sej7278

Guest sej7278

yeah sorry about that, i re-read it and it did sound a bit harsh, it really wasn't meant that way, i was just shocked at how many times you had flashed, reflashed, copied files around etc. you'd overcomplicated something that should be pretty simple (just not explained well by me - although thanks to sm4tik i tried to explain it a bit better).

must have been time of the month for me or something, that's 2 people upset now!

anyway, did you ever manage to go back to a stock n152 and apply my patch? (which was supposed to make it easier for you to fix your problem, not harder lol!)

Edited by sej7278

Guest juniperz

yeah sorry about that, i re-read it and it did sound a bit harsh, it really wasn't meant that way...

must have been time of the month for me or something, that's 2 people upset now!...

Well done for a nice apology - and thanks for your brilliant support in this thread.

Guest Ray-man

Hi Ray-man, I wouldn't take sej7278's comments personally, he shouted at me the other day. He was merely expressing constellation in the modern vernacular. A factory reset, is basically wiping everything and starting again, the last resort for most people.

We all help each other here, how often you help others should not be the metric for how valuable your contribution is. I think it is "awesome" to be in a public forum as helpful as this one. At the very least, I have thoroughly enjoyed your posts. We all have to start somewhere, and you are doing very well indeed.

Anil.

Hi Anil,

Yes I thought that was likely to be the case but took the opportunity to point out that more clarity = less confusion, something that's easily forgotten over time and undoubtedly leads to assumptions and misundestandings. You don't have to look far to find posts from frustrated newbies desperately seeking confirmation that they haven't bricked on their first faltering attempt (as I know only too well) but that can easily put off other potential followers before they've even started. Providing clear instructions is a problem common to experts in all fields and becomes even more difficult when being provided voluntarily, but for my part I'm very grateful for all of the help and guidance I've received. It would be wrong for me to single out any of the responses I've received as all are wellcome but I do find your particular style very easy to follow.

Guest Ray-man

yeah sorry about that, i re-read it and it did sound a bit harsh, it really wasn't meant that way, i was just shocked at how many times you had flashed, reflashed, copied files around etc. you'd overcomplicated something that should be pretty simple (just not explained well by me - although thanks to sm4tik i tried to explain it a bit better).

must have been time of the month for me or something, that's 2 people upset now!

anyway, did you ever manage to go back to a stock n152 and apply my patch? (which was supposed to make it easier for you to fix your problem, not harder lol!)

Sorry sej, I haven't tried it yet but will do later today. No worries on my part, just frusrated by how little I know! - Back later.

Guest sej7278

Sorry sej, I haven't tried it yet but will do later today. No worries on my part, just frusrated by how little I know! - Back later.

a lot of the problem is probably that most of us on this thread have been here since it was under 300 pages lol.

for newcomers its too daunting, and could really do with being closed, the main points summarised and a new thread opened. of course going through it finding the helpful points would be an admin nightmare.

i guess if we took 10 pages each, we could work through it, but...... that said its a lot easier to find useful info here than on xda :D

Edited by sej7278

Guest cjp666

I was on N95, upgraded to N152 last night in the hope that the GPS issues had been sorted, didn't want to read hundreds of posts to find out so took a chance. I guess the issues with GPS aren't sorted yet, went on a 20 mile bike ride today with my son and my Blade rebooted 4 times so not all of the ride has been recorded. Back to N95 I guess!

Guest Ray-man

a lot of the problem is probably that most of us on this thread have been here since it was under 300 pages lol.

for newcomers its too daunting, and could really do with being closed, the main points summarised and a new thread opened. of course going through it finding the helpful points would be an admin nightmare.

i guess if we took 10 pages each, we could work through it, but...... that said its a lot easier to find useful info here than on xda :D

Hi sej, you're absolutely right, I couldn't believe the number of posts in this thread, I read everything in other threads I've used but this one was simply too long. Can't comment on other forums but this one's great.

Now for the dhcpcd patch, I tried it as you suggested, very quick to install that way but sadly it doesn't work with my BTHH. I can still logon to BTFON which is using a different (public) route through the same hub but that worked on all the roms I tried.

Let me know if you need me to try an alternative patch, I'll be happy to try again.

Edit: For verification I just re-flashed a copy of N152 with the older dhcpcd patch in and the phone logs on my BTHH fine.

Edited by Ray-man

Guest Ray-man

On a more general note. Using the shorthand method that sej kindly suggested is really quick and convenient but doesn't necessarily pick up some issues that a full wipe does. I've been using the long laborious method until today but on N151 and N152 found it impossible to ditch the annoying droid widget from the opening screen using the pickup and drag method. I tried several times but couldn't pick it up (must be weaker than I thought), did finally get rid of it but only after using several other screens first, then trying again on return to home screen.

Another odd thing that's probably totally unrelated, I can't get into Clockwork using vol+ at power up any more, I get the static Cyanogen symbol but it doesn't get any further, don't know when or why that changed - probably just me. Incidently, that static symbol is more Ghost Busters than android, bring back big droid I say!

Guest Pelemane

On a more general note. Using the shorthand method that sej kindly suggested is really quick and convenient but doesn't necessarily pick up some issues that a full wipe does. I've been using the long laborious method until today but on N151 and N152 found it impossible to ditch the annoying droid widget from the opening screen using the pickup and drag method. I tried several times but couldn't pick it up (must be weaker than I thought), did finally get rid of it but only after using several other screens first, then trying again on return to home screen.

Another odd thing that's probably totally unrelated, I can't get into Clockwork using vol+ at power up any more, I get the static Cyanogen symbol but it doesn't get any further, don't know when or why that changed - probably just me. Incidently, that static symbol is more Ghost Busters than android, bring back big droid I say!

You should press vol-, not vol+.

Guest sej7278

Hi sej, you're absolutely right, I couldn't believe the number of posts in this thread, I read everything in other threads I've used but this one was simply too long. Can't comment on other forums but this one's great.

Now for the dhcpcd patch, I tried it as you suggested, very quick to install that way but sadly it doesn't work with my BTHH. I can still logon to BTFON which is using a different (public) route through the same hub but that worked on all the roms I tried.

Let me know if you need me to try an alternative patch, I'll be happy to try again.

Edit: For verification I just re-flashed a copy of N152 with the older dhcpcd patch in and the phone logs on my BTHH fine.

interesting, so it seems like its not the SERVERID issue from dhcpcd 4.0.13 that you're having then. i'm a bit lost now. maybe there's more changes in .15 regarding this issue than was between .12 and .13

Edited by sej7278

Guest Ray-man

You should press vol-, not vol+.

Thanks Pelemane, My fault again, misinterpreted wbaw's original GEN1 to GEN2 TPT post. It clearly states vol+ at power up takes it back into TPT mode and assumed that meant via Clockwork. Getting into Clockwork via reboot is much easier anyway, there's not much to remember when selecting from a menu.

It's tough at the bottom!

Guest sej7278

Thanks Pelemane, My fault again, misinterpreted wbaw's original GEN1 to GEN2 TPT post. It clearly states vol+ at power up takes it back into TPT mode and assumed that meant via Clockwork. Getting into Clockwork via reboot is much easier anyway, there's not much to remember when selecting from a menu.

i think it changes when you tpt - did for me, gen1 was vol+ and gen2 was vol- or something odd!

Guest Amphoras

i think it changes when you tpt - did for me, gen1 was vol+ and gen2 was vol- or something odd!

Clockwork has always been vol- for me, on Gen 1 and 2. Fastboot/TPT is vol+.

Guest sm4tik

I remember reading that with gen1 it's menu + vol(+), after tpt only vol(+).. or something :) ..

Guest Anil k Solanki

Hi Anil,

Yes I thought that was likely to be the case but took the opportunity to point out that more clarity = less confusion, something that's easily forgotten over time and undoubtedly leads to assumptions and misundestandings. You don't have to look far to find posts from frustrated newbies desperately seeking confirmation that they haven't bricked on their first faltering attempt (as I know only too well) but that can easily put off other potential followers before they've even started. Providing clear instructions is a problem common to experts in all fields and becomes even more difficult when being provided voluntarily, but for my part I'm very grateful for all of the help and guidance I've received. It would be wrong for me to single out any of the responses I've received as all are wellcome but I do find your particular style very easy to follow.

Hi Ray-man, we're all friends again which is great, a little blip on the radar and all is back to normal. This thread is huge, and I do easily forget that for a newcomer (a noob), digesting this amount of information is nigh impossible. I hope you're enjoying ANDROID, it is a complicated OS from a users point of view. Apple's iOS is far simpler, more streamlined. But therein lies the rub. More simplicity = less choice/options. More complexity = more power/control.

Finally, my apologies to others forum users for taking this thread slightly off-topic and adding to the 7000+ post's. My next post will be all CyanogenMoad 7, I promise. :)

Anil.

Guest sm4tik

i had a similar issue with rommanager - i got 4.3.3.0 from market, then flashed my first stab at n151+ which mistakenly had 4.3.2.4 in it, then i couldn't get the market update again, which is why i rebuilt n151+ with 4.3.3.0 already in

some odd stuff going on with the market right now i think, probably in preparation for this new market app that some are already using from the leak (which seems full of bugs!)

Same here. I solved it by fixing the market link in Titanium Backup, then updating RomManager and integrating it back to the rom with TB. I think TB Pro is needed for the integration. I've had numerous similar issues with market in the past. It comes and goes and drives you up the wall as there's no way of telling where the fault actually is <_<

Guest rockstarszzzz

Hey guys,

N152 - do you still have youtube and other videos playing with grid lines?

I had this waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in N88 and never seen that after until I got on N152! :(